On the Grand. SF to Alaska

shredie

I love this ship. First time on her and I'm already in love with the layout and the decor. Embarkation was a snap. My daughter says she's never cruising fro San Pedro again. LOL.

I'll try to check in but I don't know if this will qualify as a live from [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love this ship. First time on her and I'm already in love with the layout and the decor. Embarkation was a snap. My daughter says she's never cruising fro San Pedro again. LOL.

I'll try to check in but I don't know if this will qualify as a live from [emoji1]

Would love to hear any/all details about embarkation. :)

The Grand is my all time favorite. Have a great cruise and enjoy a meal at Alfredos for me!

Would love to hear any/all details about embarkation. :)

We were on the 05/31 sailing to Alaska. We arrived via Princess transfer close to 11:30.Of course theres alot of traffic getting into the cruise terminal.

My Mom is an Elite, and also uses a transport chair. We we directed to a handicap line and swiftly processed through.

Back in San Fran, once again used the Princess transfer. Getting off the ship was slick. The only thing that I would fault is the way the bags are laid out in the customs hall. It is designed so that the first people grab their bags and the area opens up as other groups process through. Of course, not everyone goes off as planned and there ends up alittle bottle neck in the hall.

Overall very efficent and easy.

Don't forget to check out those Fish Tacos, Crab Cakes up at the Trident Grill, after 6 pm. YUMMMMMM!!!:D

Reindeer Chili while in Glacier Bay and the Alaskan Chowder. Don't go overboard on the last formal night, as there are Crab legs on the menu the next night.

If you need a sodium fix, hit up the boullion station on the deck.

We had our honeymoon cruise on the Grand waaaay back in 1999 and fell in love with cruising! We will be on the Grand again this coming DEcember so we're looking forward to reacquainting ourselves! I gather that Skywalker's is now gone, but Alfredo's has arrived. A fair trade, IMHO.

There are fewer than 30 kids on this cruise. Crazy. The hallways are wider. The decor is lighter and more modern. The sea has been rough and lots of seasick people. That problem with smoking section signs on deck 15 seems to be solved. I'm sending out laundry so we will see how that goes. I don't think there are gobs of elites aboard. Sea day and Alfredo's not crowded. I don't know if people haven't discovered it or they are sick in their cabins.

There are fewer than 30 kids on this cruise. Crazy. The hallways are wider. The decor is lighter and more modern. The sea has been rough and lots of seasick people. That problem with smoking section signs on deck 15 seems to be solved. I'm sending out laundry so we will see how that goes. I don't think there are gobs of elites aboard. Sea day and Alfredo's not crowded. I don't know if people haven't discovered it or they are sick in their cabins.

So glad you are enjoying The Grand. Of all our Princess cruises, they are most often on the Grand as SF is our town's cruiseport.

So sorry you are having bad weather. I just checked to see what is going on and it looks like you might be in for some bad weather for a while. I hope it doesn't affect your port days. Personally I love rough seas but I do have serious sympathy for those who do not. Fingers crossed for you and everyone else.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us on your cruise. I haven't sailed on the Grand since January 2000 but have kept up on the ship's modifications.

I'll take an hour drive to San Pedro over a long drive or flight to SF so I feel differently than your daughter. ;) The new SF pier 27 cruise terminal is a big improvement but my SF cruise ship experiences have only been as a port of call.

I don't know how I missed the start of your thread yesterday...Buon Viaggio! :D

We were on the same itinerary on the Grand three (I think) summers ago. In fact, I think we left Labor Day weekend, also.

It seemed to me that Alfredo's seemed to attract it's biggest crowds at lunch. We had dinner there twice and had no trouble walking up and being seated immediately.

Have a great cruise. Send updates when you can.

Also on the Grand and loving it. The only child I've seen so far is my lovely little granddaughter (8 mos). Nothing seems overly crowded so far.

Denise