On the Grand. SF to Alaska

shredie

Wave to me Denise! Lounge in the One5 was good. It's not Skywalkers but it has its charms. Sea has calmed a bit. Finally got around to swapping out my mini bar this eve. So I now have a supply of Diet Coke. The smaller closets on this ship are a challenge. But there are good trade offs in the use of space. One thing I like is the wider aisles around the piazza. The hanging over and watching the entertainment below is better. The crowds don't seem so crushed. There has been only one CS item on the menu each night. I haven't worked up the courage to try any of them. Another sea day tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a great cruise!!

I love the Grand too, we did the first cruise on the ship in l998 out of Istanbul... started cruising the Grand again when it first was home ported in San Francisco. Have done 2 cruises on her and going again this New Years..

We find the crew and service on the ship excellent...

It's great to hear such positive reviews of the Grand. We will be sailing on her in Oct, so it is fun to follow along on this thread. We were in her two years ago and enjoyed her, too. We love the size of the Regal, but we can't wait to sail out of our home port on the Grand. We definitely like the pool situation much more on the Grand and we love the balcony cabins more, too, on that ship

Looking forward to hearing your food reviews especially

Wave to me Denise! Lounge in the One5 was good. It's not Skywalkers but it has its charms. Sea has calmed a bit. Finally got around to swapping out my mini bar this eve. So I now have a supply of Diet Coke. The smaller closets on this ship are a challenge. But there are good trade offs in the use of space. One thing I like is the wider aisles around the piazza. The hanging over and watching the entertainment below is better. The crowds don't seem so crushed. There has been only one CS item on the menu each night. I haven't worked up the courage to try any of them. Another sea day tomorrow.

I'm trading out my mini bar for Diet Coke tomorrow. My son and DIL had the CS pot pie and both thought it was very good. It looked like it could use a few veggies though.

Denise

Made The Chef's Table - Yipeeee! No sea sickness here. Hubby's suit hasn't come back from being pressed so might miss formal night tonight. Tomorrow is landfall. We get off this boat and onto another for whale watching.

Denise

Edited by dtb55

Made The Chef's Table - Yipeeee! No sea sickness here. Hubby's suit hasn't come back from being pressed so might miss formal night tonight. Tomorrow is landfall. We get off this boat and onto another for whale watching.

Denise

I hope you went to formal night anyway. One cruise, one of our table mates wore a polo shirt with such wide loud stripes that he would have been underdressed, imho, for casual night.:D

we are on the Grand next week for SF to Mexican Riviera, can you post some of the menus and movies etc, not that they will be the same.

Sorry...you have to wait until we get back from the Calif. Coastal the week before you sail....;):)

OP, Loving your comments I will be getting on when you are getting off the 18th.:D My first Princess cruise & I am really looking forward to my sailing!

Shredie, Have a great cruise with your daughter!!!

Tony

Thanks Tony. We are in the inside passage now so things have calmed down. We dock in Juneau today. Formal night last night. We went to the show after. "Stardust" with the singers and dancers. My granddaughter loved it and sat pretty still for a 3 year old. [emoji1]

This morning on TV they had a mini cooking show on how to cook CS pot pie. No CS himself though just some random Princess chef. I never saw that before.

Mobs trying to get off in Juneau. We decided to sit in piazza and watch until the mayhem dies down. It's very chilly outside but I've seen worse in Alaska. No rain.

The sea sickness epidemic seems to be over according to my very sweet girl steward. Thank goodness it was just that and not noro

Saw the Island docked here. It's uglier in the flesh so to speak. That flat back end is not attractive. I'm still loving the Grand.

We were on the Grand earlier in August and despite my trepidations, found the ship to be wonderful. You can certainly see that she was the first of her class. A lot of wood, teak decks on the Promenade, elegant sculptures and art throughout. We enjoyed the One5 as a semi-worthy replacement for Skywalkers. Sure she's showing her age, but we had an excellent cruise.