On the Grand. SF to Alaska

shredie

Glacier Bay. On deck. Freezing. They are serving reindeer chili but I can't bring myself to eat Rudolph. LOL. Muts tonight is captain America. Crazy people who will sit out here at night! There's the first glacier!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back in my cabin and still frozen. First time seeing glaciers and they were beautiful.

Denise

Skagway today. We were docked behind the Coral. Puppies in the piazza for an hour during shore day. That seemed too short to me. There were three puppies and photographers. My granddaughter got a picture w the puppy. Cold wind and some rain in town. We did the train and enjoyed it. A new CS item on the menu. Seafood stew. I had rib eye steak instead. Ketchikan tomorrow.

Puppies?! How adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess makes a bit of a deal about this but it's really just a photo op. A way to sell more pictures. You don't really interact with the puppies. But they were cute.

I'm on the Grand Princess also and am having a great time! Right now we're docked in Ketchikan and I'm in town sitting in a chair outside the quilt shop, Whales Tail, while the wife is shopping. ... Soon we board the Duck Tour.

The weather reports all said rain every day but we have been having good weat her so far.

We love sailing out of SF and the Grand has everything we need.

Oh yeah, the Trident Grill is becoming a favorite place at times with the Alaskance specialties like crab cakes from Tracys and love those fish tacos!

More later!

I'm on the Grand Princess also and am having a great time! Right now we're docked in Ketchikan and I'm in town sitting in a chair outside the quilt shop, Whales Tail, while the wife is shopping. ... Soon we board the Duck Tour.

The weather reports all said rain every day but we have been having good weat her so far.

We love sailing out of SF and the Grand has everything we need.

Oh yeah, the Trident Grill is becoming a favorite place at times with the Alaskance specialties like crab cakes from Tracys and love those fish tacos!

More later!

Sadly, we tried both crab cakes and the ones on the ship taste nothing like Tracy's.

Took a helicopter ride to Mead Glacier yesterday which was nothing short of amazing. Today is a float plane to Neets Bay For some bear watching. Having a great time.

Denise

I was wondering the there is a shore excursion when you are in Tracy Arms where you board a small boat and see the glaciers up close and personal. It's offered on some ships but those itineraries go to Juneau afterwards. This would be an off then right back on the ship tour. Not the cheapest in town and i'm sure very limited in numbers.

I was wondering the there is a shore excursion when you are in Tracy Arms where you board a small boat and see the glaciers up close and personal. It's offered on some ships but those itineraries go to Juneau afterwards. This would be an off then right back on the ship tour. Not the cheapest in town and i'm sure very limited in numbers.
The description of the small boat tour in Tracy Arm states that it is only available to Ruby Princess passengers, not the Grand Princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Captains circle party. 180+ elites on board. No canapés. Full size drinks. My role model Mary of Sacramento MTP at 2000+ days. Son in law said beef Wellington at dinner was best thing he ever ate on princess. Granddaughter is now 3 and going to Pelicans and we have to drag her out of there. All my grandkids just love princess kid clubs. Tomorrow Victoria.

Captains circle party. 180+ elites on board. No canapés. Full size drinks. My role model Mary of Sacramento MTP at 2000+ days. Son in law said beef Wellington at dinner was best thing he ever ate on princess. Granddaughter is now 3 and going to Pelicans and we have to drag her out of there. All my grandkids just love princess kid clubs. Tomorrow Victoria.

We were invited to our to first Captain's Circle Party, but missed it due to an early dinner.

2000 days, wow!

I've decided I want to live on this ship. Everyone has been great!

Denise

Wow that's over five years!!! :eek:

Tony

In Victoria. Beautiful weather. Rumor on board that we left six people in Skagway. Don't know if that's true. We have the greatest HW. I think he may be the best I've ever had. He comes by every night. I've seen him helping out his staff taking orders and even bussing tables. I need to get his specific name for the post cruise survey. Bar staff is wonderful all over the ship. I agree w Denise. This ship is so comfortable and friendly.

In Victoria. Beautiful weather. Rumor on board that we left six people in Skagway. Don't know if that's true. We have the greatest HW. I think he may be the best I've ever had. He comes by every night. I've seen him helping out his staff taking orders and even bussing tables. I need to get his specific name for the post cruise survey. Bar staff is wonderful all over the ship. I agree w Denise. This ship is so comfortable and friendly.

That is so great to hear. Sadly, too many headwaiters seem to think that work is beneath them, that the room "runs itself" so that they don't have to be on the floor, that if they deign to speak to a dining passenger, make sure their mouth is full, then, turn your back and walk away before they can swallow and respond.

Yes headwaiters in the Crown Grill on the Crown Princess for the last two years, I'm talking about you,:mad:

Michael was our headwaiter a month ago on the Grand ... maybe it is him. Was yours a tall black man? If so, may have also been Michael. He was fantastic!!

Our HW is Daniel and he stops by our table every night, tonight twice. We are in Michelangelo. Have I mentioned that I love this ship?

Denise