On Harmony now....any questions?

Very sad to hear about the crew tragedy.

Have one question - do they have the model ship (Harmony) available for purchase in the logo shop onboard?

Thank in advance for your response.

Yes, the same one you can get on all ships... (o.k. I mean the same type)

steamboats

Hi. Is there a seating area in the solarium to sit and have a drink rather than loungers? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is the Solarium Bar on deck 16 which as lounge type seating areas. But you will find seats on deck 15 too (I think only loungers on deck 14). Photos for decks 14/15 see here. Didn´t take any showing the lounge area on deck 16.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

In the French newspaper about the accident, it said the Harmony has 23 swimming pools. A typo at 13 still seems inaccurate, how many pools does she have? I know there is NOT one in the Solarium. :eek:

Yep, that´s the number RCI is telling everyone but they do count every whirlpool as "pool".

steamboats

Are they offering any specials for their speciality dining? Last cruise on the Oasis they offered 50 % off day 1 and other specials. Just wondering if they are on the Harmony Thanks for all the good info

Nothing has been listed in the compass - maybe they were if you asked - as usual there were hosts hanging outside all of the restaurants as we boarded

I heard something about getting a deal if book specialty restaurant when board the ship. Any more info on this?

What do you mean by 50 % off day 1? Book on day 1 and get 50% off a reservation?

I am totally confused about the drink packages. I just called RCCL and they said the only package available on the Harmony is the premium for $397.pp

You are showing a buy 10 drink package available. What is the price and different packages on the Harmony??:confused:

Welcome to CC. You might want to invest some time reading, not just about drink packages, but lots of other issues. You'll find the info here is usually better than what you get from RCI.

It is just like when you go into a hotel room and you have to put the room key card in the slot to make the power work.....just take along any old store card and use that to keep the power running.

Note: the USB ports will still charge your phones/ipads even if you don't have a card in the slot.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, would not have brought any of "those" type of cards with me.

I am totally confused about the drink packages. I just called RCCL and they said the only package available on the Harmony is the premium for $397.pp

You are showing a buy 10 drink package available. What is the price and different packages on the Harmony??:confused:

RCI just changed the drink packages on Sep 6th.

For alcoholic drinks there´s only one package left which is now called Deluxe Beverage Package (55 USD per night plus 18% service charge and 10% Spanish VAT for cruises out of Barcelona).

There is still the soda package now called Classic Soda Package (8.50 USD per night plus 18% and 10% see above).

And there´s a non alcoholic package called Refreshment Package (26 USD per night plus 18% and 10%).

Besides that you can buy water bottle packages.

steamboats

I heard something about getting a deal if book specialty restaurant when board the ship. Any more info on this?

What do you mean by 50 % off day 1? Book on day 1 and get 50% off a reservation?

We did not ask onboard (we already had booked the 3 night dinner package). But I also didn´t see any advertisements.

On the Cruise Planner a BOGO package showed up for 30 USD for nights 1 and 2. Restaurants picked by the ship (and you can change onboard). This was valid for the first two nights only (so you missed the first formal night in MDR).

For our 3 night package we had a reservation for the 1st night (you can chose online 1st or 2nd night plus time). Although it said the restaurant is picked by the ship we didn´t have any information in our cabin. So we went down to Guest Relation. There was also a separate desk for the restaurants. Nothing was prebooked for us so we were free to chose for our first night.

steamboats

Thanks, would not have brought any of "those" type of cards with me.

No need to bring any. Any kind of card of this size works... either plastic or paper. I usually use one of my business cards. We also tried it with a folded piece of paper. No problem.

steamboats

I have booked the BOGO 2 night. So I am assuming by your post the Night 2 (Naples) is a formal night? What night is the 2nd? I am one of the few that like to dress up for formal nights. Thanks

We did not ask onboard (we already had booked the 3 night dinner package). But I also didn´t see any advertisements.

On the Cruise Planner a BOGO package showed up for 30 USD for nights 1 and 2. Restaurants picked by the ship (and you can change onboard). This was valid for the first two nights only (so you missed the first formal night in MDR).

For our 3 night package we had a reservation for the 1st night (you can chose online 1st or 2nd night plus time). Although it said the restaurant is picked by the ship we didn´t have any information in our cabin. So we went down to Guest Relation. There was also a separate desk for the restaurants. Nothing was prebooked for us so we were free to chose for our first night.

steamboats

I have booked the BOGO 2 night. So I am assuming by your post the Night 2 (Naples) is a formal night? What night is the 2nd? I am one of the few that like to dress up for formal nights. Thanks

Formal nights are Palma de Mallorca and Naples.

Obviously you are boarding in Civitavecchia. Naples then is the second formal night on day 6. Civitavecchia is day 5 of the cruise (which is counted out of Barcelona). Not sure what day the BOGO showed you. The Cruise Planner might refer to day 1 (Barcelona) and day 2 (Palma).

steamboats

On our recent cruise we booked the BOGO for the first two nights, but it showed on our Planner as Day 4 and 5 for us (because we boarded in Rome). However, when we boarded we talked to the staff at the reservations desk, and they made reservations for us for our first two nights (Rome and Naples). As well, we were able to change our second night reservation to our third night (sea day) without an issue. So it seems pretty flexible.

To the person who was confused about drink packages, in addition to Steamboats concise summary, the 10 drink card isn't considered a package, rather it is a punch card. However, it is not always offered on board, and if it is, it often isn't offered until later on in the cruise. However, ask any bartender - sometimes they will sell you one. No guarantees of course, but I've read on these boards that it can happen.

Thanks for the info. You are correct that I am boarding in Rome so Naples will be Night 2 & Palma De Mallorca will be night 5 (according to RCCL). That might work out for me because Palma De Mallorca is the earliest departure. In addition, I booked Grease for that night at 8PM so will not be in the dining room (another missed formal night in the dining room:mad:)

Formal nights are Palma de Mallorca and Naples.

Obviously you are boarding in Civitavecchia. Naples then is the second formal night on day 6. Civitavecchia is day 5 of the cruise (which is counted out of Barcelona). Not sure what day the BOGO showed you. The Cruise Planner might refer to day 1 (Barcelona) and day 2 (Palma).

steamboats

Hope you're having a great cruise. Do you know the height/weight/age restrictions for the new water slides? (I'm wondering if my 5yo daughter will be able to ride) Thanks in advance.

The Royal website says that you need to be 48" for the water slides and 44" for the Ultimate Abyss slide (the one without water).

Maybe someone on board can confirm?

The Royal website says that you need to be 48" for the water slides and 44" for the Ultimate Abyss slide (the one without water).

Maybe someone on board can confirm?

Yes, that´s correct! And they are pretty strict about it. Plus for the Ultimate Abyss you have to be completely dry (no wet clothing).

steamboats

As per title

Embarked today in Barca / very slick and effortless after a 10.40 arrival..

Any info or questions just shout, happy to try and help

Hi there, just wanted to check if you got to knew about the Headliners Show, is it still the Beatles show????

Thanks in advance

J.-:)

Hi there, just wanted to check if you got to knew about the Headliners Show, is it still the Beatles show????

Thanks in advance

J.-:)

The Headliners are changing weekly. In August we had the Tenors of Rock. Mo5aic was on for another cruise in July. So the only thing you can do is emailing RCI max 3 weeks ahead of your cruise and ask them. It´s only one Headliner per cruise.

steamboats

Hi there,can you please let me know how the sports court is used eg is there special times for football? or is it first come first serve?

And if its first come first serve is there football being played a lot?

Thanx in advance Mandy xx