On Harmony now....any questions?

Actually on the Med cruises of the Harmony there´s only one day at sea. Many guests are first timers. Besides Brits (the cruise does not start in Southampton but in Barcelona, interporting in Civitavecchia) you find a lot of Spanish, Italian, German and other European people who may speak English (as I do) but are no native speakers.

steamboats

When I have sailed from Southampton they have always done the Quest.

I think it is a language issue as so many nationalities currently on board. When we sailed on Liberty a few years back they did do Quest but I think it was a struggle(it certainly wasn't memorable) and that was with Jerome as cruise director who can fly through multiple languages.

We have never tried Jamie's' date=' if you tried it, how was it ? Did you get a chance to take pix of their menu ?[/quote']

We sailed on Harmony in June and again in August, and dined in Jamie's both times, we found it excellent. I am sorry I do not have any photos of the menu though but I believe you can find it on the RCCL website.

Did you do the Ultimate Abyss slide? If so, was there anywhere to leave personal belongings? I read that you can't take anything including a camera or cell phone down the slide.

No, there´s no place you can leave your belongings. Everything has to go in your pockets - also glasses. You can leave on watches, jewelry. You can take a camera as long as it´s fixed (like a go pro on a helmet or on the chest).

BTW your clothes have to be completely dry!

DH took a video which you can see here in my review (plus a video of me on the Zip Line).

steamboats

No, there´s no place you can leave your belongings. Everything has to go in your pockets - also glasses. You can leave on watches, jewelry. You can take a camera as long as it´s fixed (like a go pro on a helmet or on the chest).

DH took a video which you can see here in my review (plus a video of me on the Zip Line).

steamboats

Pretty cool!

Nice job on the video.

Has the Main Dining Room menu changed at all or is it still the same? I am trying to decide if I want to skip the MDR all together or try some of the speciality restaurants. Thank you! :)

Harmony has all new menus (not the Pimiento, Basil, Pomodoro...). Except for day 1 you can see them in my review each day (start here with day 2).

steamboats

Harmony has all new menus (not the Pimiento, Basil, Pomodoro...). Except for day 1 you can see them in my review each day (start here with day 2).

steamboats

Thanks for sharing....just checked them out.

It appears there is still the end game of having a good variety to choose from, as well as some "standards" on hand if those tickle one's palate. :)

Thank you, steamboats, for posting the menus. I will definitely find something I like, without going to an upcharge restaurant. I have never eaten dinner at the Windjammer, but might give it a try in February. Also the Solarium Bistro since it is now complimentary. Sadly, you have confirmed what I had already read - that they are no longer offering the delicious fruit soups. (Unless they add them back for the Caribbean cruises.)

Thank you, steamboats, for posting the menus. I will definitely find something I like, without going to an upcharge restaurant. I have never eaten dinner at the Windjammer, but might give it a try in February. Also the Solarium Bistro since it is now complimentary. Sadly, you have confirmed what I had already read - that they are no longer offering the delicious fruit soups. (Unless they add them back for the Caribbean cruises.)

Yes, DD also missed the fruit soups. RCI published new menus for the Anthem of the Seas which are pretty similar to those on the Harmony. You can find a link to the pdf file with the new menus here.

steamboats

Was wondering if anybody has had dinner in the Solarium Bistro? So far 2 of my shows have been changed & am trying to find restaurant choices. If the Solarium at night is a buffet that will be out because my mom does not do buffets. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Was wondering if anybody has had dinner in the Solarium Bistro? So far 2 of my shows have been changed & am trying to find restaurant choices. If the Solarium at night is a buffet that will be out because my mom does not do buffets. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The Solarium Bistro is a sit down restaurant at night. I believe it is complimentary now.

steamboats

I have a pair of video glasses are you allowed to wear them ?

Thank you very much for info. Usually eat each night in the MDR but for this cruise paid for the BOGO dinner package & am thinking of trying out many different restaurants to change it up.

Yes, DD also missed the fruit soups. RCI published new menus for the Anthem of the Seas which are pretty similar to those on the Harmony. You can find a link to the pdf file with the new menus here.

steamboats

The Solarium Bistro is a sit down restaurant at night. I believe it is complimentary now.

If you checked, what TV channels and movies did they have?

TV channels were limited - news in a few languages, (obviously catering for current European customers) some kids channels and a bbc lifestyle channel were the ones I noticed flicking through.

There was a section for movies on demand but I don't know what was offered as I didn't look at it.

Yes the appetisers and desserts were buffet style and the main courses served to table, even so it's very civilised and relaxed!