Signature beverage package

forevertravel

Thanks he can go on the dry for dinner I usually don't mind spending but the budget is super tight so he can have soda for dinner and his wine after or before his liver will thanks him

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can order MDR wine in the Pinnacle. My father in law did in December.

Just tell your waiter as soon as you sit down to avoid delays. If you are planning on having more than one glass (because, Wine!) let them know and they'll fetch a bottle. It will save time.

A couple of points.

You can order the same wine in the Pinnacle Grill that you order in the MDR or any bar onboard. And there are decent whites and reds available under the $8 limit.

The SBP covers anything you can drink, that you would normally pay for if you didn't have the package, under $8.

The price on Martinis, or any mixed drink, is based on the price of the base alcohol that is used. Even mixed drinks that require multiple types of alcohol are included. eg., a Black Russian, with vodka and Kahlua still costs $7.95, with Grey Goose.

The relatively new "Elite Beverage Package" is available on most HAL ships. It works the same as the regular SBP, except your per-drink limit is now $15 instead of $8. See the attached handout we received on the Oosterdam in December. The Elite package costs $10 per day more.

Something new concerning purchasing the SBP. (If you got it with Explore-4, this doesn't apply to you). If you purchase the SBP on HAL's website, before your cruise, it costs $44.95 per day plus 15% SC. A new change... if you decide to purchase the SBP onboard (during the first 48 hours), HAL has increased the cost by $5 per day to $49.95, plus the 15% SC. This was apparently done to prevent guests from using their OBC to buy the SBP. They want the cash upfront. Also, if you do purchase the SBP onboard, HAL will still hit your credit/debit card for the $60 per day hold. They will not reduce the hold.

1351232644_HALBeveragePackage.jpg.8d294b2e55e8d40370423cc43c65dcc9.jpg

Edited by TAD2005

• 1 month later...
Is it up to the passenger to keep a running tally of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to ensure (s)he doesn't go over the magic number of 15, or does one get a charge slip indicating how many have been consumed that day?

We had that package once. Never got to the 15! Wouldn't worry about it unless you have a real problem! No charge slips though.

Just of the nieuw amsterdam and had signature package and it is up to oneself to keep tabs of the number of drinks....did get receipt each time but it doesn't show a running total off beverages purchased for the day

Is it up to the passenger to keep a running tally of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to ensure (s)he doesn't go over the magic number of 15, or does one get a charge slip indicating how many have been consumed that day?

We had that package once. Never got to the 15! Wouldn't worry about it unless you have a real problem! No charge slips though.

We had the Signature Beverage Package 2 times. We were always given a receipt each time we ordered a drink.

BUT -- we had to keep track of the number of drinks we had each day. Nothing shows up on the slips to tell you how many you have had. For us -- not a problem as we knew there wan't any way we would consume 15 drinks a day.

Remember that it also includes the Explorations Cafe and all bottled water you buy on the ship. It does not include any water you buy at the gangway or any drinks you buy at HMC!!

I think if you are officially off the ship, like a HAL Alaskan land tour, you will get a break when they calculate the SBP cost.

I had a friend who purchased the SBP for a 21 day cruise, and he always ordered double Tequila shots with salt and lemon wedge. These doubles counted as 2 of his 15, and with other beverages and water, he did exceed his 15 drink limit on a few days. They don't tell you anything,, and they simply charge your room account for the full price of the drink, plus 15%. So, you don't get cut off, you can keep on drinking. But if you know you are close, hold off until midnight in the BB-King club and your 15 drink limit resets and you can start over. The only problem at that point is making it back to your cabin.

...It does not include any water you buy at the gangway...

I think they fixed that. On my Med cruise last summer I was able to get bottled water in the showroom where we all met for our excursions charged to my account and therefore covered by the SBP. I'm thinking if you can charge the gangway water to your account it will also be reversed.

I'm thinking if you can charge the gangway water to your account it will also be reversed.

In December on the Eurodam, "gangway water" was on the excluded list. So was Half Moon Cay. If I recall correctly, you could use the beverage package at all bars, restaurants, and lounges on board during regular operating hours.

It's not that hard to pick up water ahead of time, but if you enjoy the thrill of billing dispute arguments, knock yourself out. ;)

We were on the Rotterdam in January with Explore4. Our non alcoholic drinks WERE NOT included in our 15 drink limit.

On the Zuiderdam this month, we bought the Elite package and the non alcoholic drinks WERE included in the 15 drink limit. :confused:

In December on the Eurodam, "gangway water" was on the excluded list. So was Half Moon Cay. If I recall correctly, you could use the beverage package at all bars, restaurants, and lounges on board during regular operating hours.

It's not that hard to pick up water ahead of time, but if you enjoy the thrill of billing dispute arguments, knock yourself out. ;)

I knew HMC was excluded. But I swear I got water in the showroom one day while waiting for an excursion and it was included.

And yes, I do usually get a couple bottles from the bar the evening for the next day's excursions. Just that time I didn't

Another recent change:

The Neptune Lounge has an honor bar that is now INCLUDED in the Sig / Elite Beverage packages.

Prices on these self mixed drinks were under the $8 limit.

Half Moon Cay and the Mini-Bar are still excluded.

The 'gangway water" mentioned is the guy standing right before the actual gangway, or at the bottom of it, on the dock, selling bottles of water. There, you must give a cabin number and sign a receipt. That is charged to your cabin account, because they have no way of determining if you have the SBP. Yes, you can argue that later at the front office and try to get it reversed. But, while waiting for your shore excursion to be called, and you are nearby an open bar, you can get bottles of water on the package. The determining point is if the crew member has a computer terminal available to check your beverage package validity. No terminal.... you pay for it. That's why the drinks on HMC are not included, no computer terminal.

I knew HMC was excluded. But I swear I got water in the showroom one day while waiting for an excursion and it was included.

And yes, I do usually get a couple bottles from the bar the evening for the next day's excursions. Just that time I didn't

The showroom has POS terminals where they can ring your SBP. The gangway does not.

An observation about the drink package...there doesn't seem to be any 'system' restriction when it comes to ringing up multiple drinks at the same time on one card.

Most nights when we were up at the Crow's Nest for pre-dinner drinks, my husband and I would each have 2 drinks...sometimes three (we were there some nights a good 2 hours before dinner). The bartenders wouldn't ring up our drinks until we were ready to go to dinner, and had no issues ringing 2-3 at the same time.

This would also occur with our nightcaps at the end of the night. We'd enjoy double Amaretto on the rocks, and they'd easily ring up both drinks at the same time.

Often, in the dining room, the wine steward would ring both our drinks on just one card and not worry about each of us using our own card. We never came close to the daily 15 drink limit, so it was never an issue.

I didn't see any martini's listed on the menu for $8.

Martinis are included. You will not see a lot of drinks on the list but which are included. The brands are very good, and if you have about 7 alcoholic drinks a day, including wine, it is worth it. You just need to specify when you order a drink that you want one that is included in that package.

Just an FYI on the Signature Beverage Package, the limit is now up to $9 per drink. It must be newly effective, as I purchased the package just a few days before our cruise (Oosterdam 3/31 to 4/7 voyage) and the limit was lower. When we got onboard the flyers all said it included drinks up to $9 (before gratuities).