Explorers Lounge vs Wheelhouse Bar

DiMar

Help...We are considering an obstructed view cabin on The Caribbean Princess on Empress deck and cannot decide between one over the Explorers Lounge or Wheelhouse Bar. These are our only options. Both of these offer light filtering into the room but I am concerned about noise or vibration in our cabin. We are usually late to bed around midnight or later, but we still need some input about the noise factor. Thanks in advance!

I don't think either location would cause a problem. The Explorer's Lounge is used mainly for more sedate entertainment like piano players and acoustic guitar players. The louder, more bass-thumping music will be found in Club Fusion. And in any event, the Explorer's Lounge closes up shop before midnight. The Wheelhouse Bar is even less of a problem. It is a pub with far less entertainment. On our last cruise on that ship, there was hardly anything going on in the Wheelhouse ever, let alone late at night. It is possible for there to be a jazz band or dance band in there. But again, the venue wraps up before midnight. The only loud, late-night entertainment is going to be in Club Fusion and Skywalkers.

As I recall, the Explorer's lounge has a rotating stage and is a possible alternate show lounge venue. Wheelhouse is not. That would dictate my choice, out of an abundance of caution.

I would avoid being above Explorer's simply because there may be more mechanical noise coming from it, and possibly after hours or at odd hours due to set up, take down, practice, etc. They also hold art auctions in the Explorer's, and while there are afternoon activities, if you want to nap during the day, you might find it a bit noisy.

There is a dance floor in Wheelhouse, but it is not a production show venue. There might be entertainment that continues into the late evening hours, but generally my impression is with a simple stage, there would be less to disturb you during most hours.

I would choose the room above Wheelhouse for the above reasons, given those two choices.

Help...We are considering an obstructed view cabin on The Caribbean Princess on Empress (Emerald) deck and cannot decide between one over the Explorers Lounge or Wheelhouse Bar. These are our only options. Both of these offer light filtering into the room but I am concerned about noise or vibration in our cabin. We are usually late to bed around midnight or later, but we still need some input about the noise factor. Thanks in advance!

The Wheelhouse Bar has a small stage area. In the evening until around 11pm or midnight there will be an easy listening, usually with a singer, group playing soft ballroom dance music like rumba, fox trot, waltz, cha-cha.

The Explorer's Lounge has a larger stage area. It can be used for cruise staff hosted game and trivia shows, guest comics and other entertainers, dance parties normally with the party band, Princess orchestra playing big band, dixieland, special shows by on board entertainers such as the Crooner's piano entertainer, the string quartet. Activities in Explorer's normally end before midnight.

Help...We are considering an obstructed view cabin on The Caribbean Princess on Empress deck and cannot decide between one over the Explorers Lounge or Wheelhouse Bar. These are our only options. Both of these offer light filtering into the room but I am concerned about noise or vibration in our cabin. We are usually late to bed around midnight or later, but we still need some input about the noise factor. Thanks in advance!

Nothing to worry on either.