Cancel and Rebook Shore Excursions?

Mierin828

I just logged into my Cruise Planner, and see that there's a sale on shore excursions, including several I already booked. My sailing is on 2 Oct. Is it possible for me to cancel my current bookings and rebook at these lower prices? Is there a downside to doing this? Thanks for the help, I can't find any T&C's for this sale on the site.

I just logged into my Cruise Planner, and see that there's a sale on shore excursions, including several I already booked. My sailing is on 2 Oct. Is it possible for me to cancel my current bookings and rebook at these lower prices? Is there a downside to doing this? Thanks for the help, I can't find any T&C's for this sale on the site.

No problem cancelling and rebooking.

Please be careful when booking excursions pre cruise. If you are unable to take the excursion due to health reasons WITHOUT 24 hours notice, you will not be able to get your money back.

I was just on Navigator 8/28/16. I had a flare with my Arthritis the morning of my excursion. Despite my feet and joints being grossly swollen and not able to put on shoes, I was denied a refund because i didn't have onset of symptoms 24 hours in advance. This despite people were trying to buy excursion and they were sold out.

Yes, I addressed it with Guest Services and the head of Explorations. Even took it up with Resolution Desk when we got home. No 24 hour notice, No refund.

Please be careful when booking excursions pre cruise. If you are unable to take the excursion due to health reasons WITHOUT 24 hours notice, you will not be able to get your money back.

I was just on Navigator 8/28/16. I had a flare with my Arthritis the morning of my excursion. Despite my feet and joints being grossly swollen and not able to put on shoes, I was denied a refund because i didn't have onset of symptoms 24 hours in advance. This despite people were trying to buy excursion and they were sold out.

Yes, I addressed it with Guest Services and the head of Explorations. Even took it up with Resolution Desk when we got home. No 24 hour notice, No refund.

If you choose to wait until last minute to book onboard you risk having the excursion sold out. The 24-hour cancellation notice has always been in place. They can't just allow people to cancel last minute or not show up and get a refund. Sorry this happened to you but those are the rules.

I leave in 9 days on FOS. I just called and "cancelled" and then repurchased my Labadee excursions (jet ski, kayak, floating mat, etc.) and saved $60. I was able to keep all of my previously selected times, too. The only down side was that I had to pay for the "new" excursions today. They will process the refund of my "old" excursions in 3-5 business days. So, for a little while, I am paying twice until the refund hits. But, saved $60 on a 5 minute phone call. Well worth it to me.

i did a Coastal with friends and had booked the one tour ahead of time as did our friends. During the cruise, the ship put out a flyer for that Port and described the Tour incorrectly. Many booked once on board thinking it was 1 tour but it was a Tour of a fort. They had to credit probably over 100 people. Our friends were confused by the flyer so went down to the Tour desk and canceled. Their credit card was credited.

Same thing here - I called our TA and she called RCI and they did it for us. Not like it's a big deal to do yourself though. I thought maybe they would just do a price adjustment and credit back the difference but apparently not, they actually cancel and re-book so it didn't save much time to have them do it.

Incidentally, their "20% off sale" isn't exactly accurate. For one of our excursions, it was 10% off and for the other it was 33% off. In the end, we saved $71 (which we're thrilled about) but were technically shorted $6 - I wasn't in the mood to argue though. :rolleyes:

Edited by CruisinQueen2013

That's a much better cancellation policy than you'll get from any private excursion company or any other cruise line that I'm aware of.

Is it common to have the excursions on sale? My cruise is not for a while but wondering if I should start price checking daily.

It's the first time I've seen it but this sale is date specific. I got an email saying excursions for my cruise were on sale. Its for mid Sept to mid Dec, not including Thanksgiving

Is it common to have the excursions on sale? My cruise is not for a while but wondering if I should start price checking daily.

I've seen it a little more recently - there was a discount on specialty restaurants for my last cruise (this past July). Then I got the email today about the excursions being on sale (that covered my December cruise as well). Each time I got an email though - so not sure you need to check it daily.

I've never seen it before, but I've only been sailing RCCL for 2-ish years. It looks like the sale is through Sunday @ 11:59 PM Eastern. Not all excursions are on sale.

Edited by MikeBTN

I seldom book excursions through the cruise line, but I do have one next month because it was a unique experience. It shows as eligible for the discount, but when I checked my records I found the new "discounted" price was the same price I paid several months ago.:confused:

I seldom book excursions through the cruise line, but I do have one next month because it was a unique experience. It shows as eligible for the discount, but when I checked my records I found the new "discounted" price was the same price I paid several months ago.:confused:

Similar thing happened to me, one off he "discounted" excursions was more than what I paid when I booked it months ago.

Saved $291!! Whoo-hoo! That might pay for a gondola ride and a meal in Venice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Quick tip-- Gondola rides are cheaper before 6pm. Pay cash in euro and save money. Three years ago we did a 45 min ride (2 people) for €70. After 6pm it went up to €100 for 45 min and €125 for an hour. Expensive but if you're only going to Venice once in your lifetime it's worth it.

Quick tip-- Gondola rides are cheaper before 6pm. Pay cash in euro and save money. Three years ago we did a 45 min ride (2 people) for €70. After 6pm it went up to €100 for 45 min and €125 for an hour. Expensive but if you're only going to Venice once in your lifetime it's worth it.

Thanks!! Yeah, we did RCI excursions for everything--except we'll still have a free afternoon in Venice after a morning tour. The gondola ride was the one thing we didn't book with RCI because we knew it was easy and much cheaper to just do on our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app