Do kids have to order from the kids menu?

padlock

If I take my 12 year old to a specialty dining restaurant and and pay the $10 rate, does he have to order off of the kids menu, or would he be allowed to order off the regular one?

Kids can order off the adult menu, at the adult price.

There may be exceptions mentioned, but that's what we've been told.

Kids can order off the adult menu, at the adult price.

There may be exceptions mentioned, but that's what we've been told.

Thanks for the response. So if I understand you correctly, if you pay the discounted price, you're limited to the kids menu. What about the MDR? Can the kids order off the regular menu there?

Thanks for the response. So if I understand you correctly, if you pay the discounted price, you're limited to the kids menu. What about the MDR? Can the kids order off the regular menu there?

The MDR is a different story.

Kids can order off the adult menu, adults can order off the kids menu. I know quite a few adults who enjoy the Brownie Madness dessert off the kids menu in the MDR.

The MDR is a different story.

Kids can order off the adult menu, adults can order off the kids menu. I know quite a few adults who enjoy the Brownie Madness dessert off the kids menu in the MDR.

Great. Thanks for the info.

If I take my 12 year old to a specialty dining restaurant and and pay the $10 rate, does he have to order off of the kids menu, or would he be allowed to order off the regular one?

if he orders off the regular menu he will pay the full price. the $10 rate ONLY applies to the kids menu offerings.

Sure, because there are always those people who want an exception no matter what a policy my be.

And there are also some waiters that just charge you the $10 fee even though your child has ordered off the adult menu. And they do this without being asked to.

Why assume that it's always the cruiser who is trying to get something that they may not be entitled to.

We took our 16 month old to Wonderland and he ate everything we did, but there was no charge. I was very upfront with our waiter that we didn't want the kid's menu and that he would be eating whatever we ate.

Not sure if the no charge was because he was so young though...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And there are also some waiters that just charge you the $10 fee even though your child has ordered off the adult menu. And they do this without being asked to.

Why assume that it's always the cruiser who is trying to get something that they may not be entitled to.

Nope, not assuming it's everyone in every situation. I know a couple of people who their goal is to always get something for nothing. If a waiter does something different than the norm, that's different than someone asking...in my opinion, of course.;) Once in a pay restaurant I said I couldn't decide between two entrees, the waiter said, no problem he would bring both.:)

We took our 16 month old to Wonderland and he ate everything we did, but there was no charge. I was very upfront with our waiter that we didn't want the kid's menu and that he would be eating whatever we ate.

Not sure if the no charge was because he was so young though...

Your 16 month old was given his/her own serving of everything? Or ate off your plates?

Did s/he eat THE OLIVE?!?!?!? The crab cones?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;) :)

Your 16 month old was given his/her own serving of everything? Or ate off your plates?

Did s/he eat THE OLIVE?!?!?!? The crab cones?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;) :)

He was given his own serving and liked almost everything. My husband wasn't listening that the bottom of the crab cone had the wasabi. Hubby took a bite off the top of his and then gave out son the remainder which had the wasabi dollop. We couldn't get our son to eat his own crab cone after that.

He did eat the olive and was ok with it. My son LOVED the lobster thing and ended up eating half of mine. I didn't give him the fire & ice because I was worried about the sriracha being too much...and I really liked it and wanted to eat it myself ;)

On our Oasis '16 Easter week my grandkids were able to order from the adult menu for both the MDR and specialty restaurants. First of all I don't see why not as they pay the same fare for a 3rd & 4th person in the cabin. No break in price for a child. Mind you, all 3 are were under 8 years.

because that's the historical norm. ;)

My understanding has been this.

If in specialty

Nuggets/Pizza type shipwide kids menu = No Charge

Scaled Down "Kids" specialty menu = Reduced nominal cover charge

Regular menu = Regular cover charge.

Is this accurate?

Just from my experience on Oasis, we were charged $10 per child and were able to order the adult steak for both Giovanni's & Chops. I wonder if it's at the discretion of the Specialty Restaurant Manager on each ship.