Anthem 'Wow Bands'

madra2112

I've been printing off Set Sail passes for our Anthem cruise on October 6th, and am just wondering about Wow bands.

There's no mention of them at all on our documentation.

The pass has a barcode which I understand will be scanned by a person using a tablet, and according to the documents, our Sea Pass cards will be in an envelope outside our cabin.

My initial understanding was that Wow bands were the norm, and the cards were back up, but that's changed over time, with the Wow bands now an option available for purchase on the ship.

My questions are

1. At what time, and where, are the Wow bands available, particularly as I see no option to pre-order them?

2. If the Sea Pass cards are at the cabins, which presumably will be sealed off until after 1pm as usual, how do we get drinks, coffees etc. through our Royal Replenish package without a card to validate them?

BTW, I see some Canada - New England reviews popping up, thanks to everyone for that, copious notes are being taken!!!!!

... If the Sea Pass cards are at the cabins, which presumably will be sealed off until after 1pm as usual, how do we get drinks, coffees etc. through our Royal Replenish package without a card to validate them? ...

You use your SetSail pass with the barcode to purchase things until you get your SeaPass cards.

...At what time, and where, are the Wow bands available, particularly as I see no option to pre-order them...

We were in a GS and didn't realize the WOW bands would be in our room so we purchased them in the Boleros Lounge when we got on the ship. Once we got to the room and realized they were complimentary we just took the purchased ones back to Guest Services and they gave me a refund. Just FYI...we didn't use them as they worked sporadically and I saw people had to take them off and hand to a bartender for them to take to the register. They also never would open the door to our room.

But again to answer your question...they are sold in the Boleros Lounge when you board the ship.

Edited by theredwoodguy

I've been printing off Set Sail passes for our Anthem cruise on October 6th, and am just wondering about Wow bands.

The pass has a barcode which I understand will be scanned by a person using a tablet, and according to the documents, our Sea Pass cards will be in an envelope outside our cabin.

My initial understanding was that Wow bands were the norm, and the cards were back up, but that's changed over time, with the Wow bands now an option available for purchase on the ship.

My questions are

1. At what time, and where, are the Wow bands available, particularly as I see no option to pre-order them?

2. If the Sea Pass cards are at the cabins, which presumably will be sealed off until after 1pm as usual, how do we get drinks, coffees etc. through our Royal Replenish package without a card to validate them?

BTW, I see some Canada - New England reviews popping up, thanks to everyone for that, copious notes are being taken!!!!!

As soon as you board, WOW bands can be purchased at Boleros on Deck 4 for $4.95, embarkation is on Deck 5 and they can also be purchased at Guest Services throughout the cruise. Please note you'll need to use your seapass only for getting on and off the ship.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Also if you have sailed on a ship with wow bands, and still have it. You can bring them and have them programmed to your new trip. Just take it to guest service and they will reprogram it.

Good to know...especially since the use of these is supposed to expand (no pun intended) on other ships in the future...

Also if you have sailed on a ship with wow bands, and still have it. You can bring them and have them programmed to your new trip. Just take it to guest service and they will reprogram it.

Took mine (from Anthem and Quantum - had two from both ships but now we needed 3) with me on the Harmony. First my DH was told "no, they can´t be reprogrammed". As I was in contact with a previous cruiser who told me he got his reprogrammed I told my DH to stay in line. So the girl returned and I told her that it is possible. She asked again at guest relations and returned now with a "yes". So we spent another 15 min in line until we got our WoW-Bands reprogrammed :D!

BTW they worked perfectly on Harmony! No problems at all!

steamboats

My questions are

The WOW bands are no longer gratis, and I understand that one can buy for $5at GS. I was able to trade my Quantum Wow band for an Anthem 8/25/16 NE/Canada sail one. I was told by GS that they no longer honored the trade in, but would do it in my case. I used it extensively while on board and kept my sea pass in the power outlet to maintain the air conditioner/lights in my cabin. This version, was a pain in the a__ to get on your wrist, but it was worth it in my case.

Exactly, I have a set with and a set without the muster station on them.

I heard that some people were able to turn them in and get new ones with the correct muster station for the current ship. But on the Harmony they didn´t do it and just reprogrammed the old ones. As we had two black and one white one that was o.k.. Mine was the black with the muster station and DD had the blank black one. Made it easier to keep them apart.

steamboats

Exactly, I have a set with and a set without the muster station on them.

I heard that some people were able to turn them in and get new ones with the correct muster station for the current ship. But on the Harmony they didn´t do it and just reprogrammed the old ones. As we had two black and one white one that was o.k.. Mine was the black with the muster station and DD had the blank black one. Made it easier to keep them apart.

steamboats

I had a blue and my wife had a yellow. Unlike the photo shown above by MM no clasps on ours.

I am sailing on Harmony and liked the idea of the WOW bands but I'm worried. If I have to take it off and hand it to the bartender I don't like that. At least a couple times a cruise I've had the wrong sea pass card given back to me. With the WOW band I won't know its the wrong one. What have peoples experiences been on Harmony?

I am sailing on Harmony and liked the idea of the WOW bands but I'm worried. If I have to take it off and hand it to the bartender I don't like that. At least a couple times a cruise I've had the wrong sea pass card given back to me. With the WOW band I won't know its the wrong one. What have peoples experiences been on Harmony?

Just walk to the scanner either at any establishment (bar or shop) and you are set. Only took the band off when sleeping or disembarking. This is what I did on the Anthem & Quantum.

I also requested some info about the wow bands and all I can tell they are not popular and or cool among the passengers. But of course everyone can do whatever they want. I expected the wow bands to be as popular as the bands in Disney parks but I guess no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sat next to a group of women who loved their WOW bands (I personally don't like the way they look). These women all had white ones which they marked with their initials to tell them apart. The bands had to be removed for the barman in Silk. But they liked that they could go in the pool without worrying about their sea pass.

As far as the electricity, our cabin attendant gave us a card to use instead of the sea pass. I also think an old hotel key card might work, but didn't test this theory. The problem is that the electric trigger also controls the electrical outlets, so, if you are charging any devices, you have to have that trigger active.

I do have a lanyard for my sea pass, and they were available for sale at the logo store.

Enjoy your cruise. These newer ships are quite something.

I also think an old hotel key card might work, but didn't test this theory. The problem is that the electric trigger also controls the electrical outlets, so, if you are charging any devices, you have to have that trigger active.

Virtually anything will work in the power slot - even a business card from guest services.

Most folks have reported that the USB ports on the desk stay powered even when the rest of the cabin power is off when the card is removed from the slot.