Escape Sail Away Sunset?

Duff Man

So, it appears that on 10/8 the sunset in Miami will be at exactly 7:00 p.m., which is the time Escape sets sail. Can we expect any light? Maybe Floridians can shed some light on this (pun intended :D ). I don't think we've ever cruised where the initial sail away was in the dark.

TIA. :)

So, it appears that on 10/8 the sunset in Miami will be at exactly 7:00 p.m., which is the time Escape sets sail. Can we expect any light? Maybe Floridians can shed some light on this (pun intended :D ). I don't think we've ever cruised where the initial sail away was in the dark.

There will be light,,,, not great for picture taking.

We did sail away sitting at the Waterfront Mondavi Wine Bar. Beautiful.

There will be light,,,, not great for picture taking.

We did sail away sitting at the Waterfront Mondavi Wine Bar. Beautiful.

Thanks. Not concerned about pictures. We will be on our forward facing deck with bottle of sparkling wine, so I expect we will be heading into the darkness. :p

Don't worry...The ship will have electricity for lights.

We sail at dusk. Does that help?

I'll give you more details next week. We sail in the Oct 1st sailing.

Cheers.

Why does the ship leave so late compared to other ships/cruises?

I've wondered that myself. Seems like sailaway's going to be a non-event, since many people will be at dinner.

I've always enjoyed a late afternoon sailing (complete with daylight). I have a drink, wander around and watch the festivities, go up top to see the ship reach the open sea.

Then off to the cabin with a pleasant little buzz to freshen up before a leisurely dinner.

Why does the ship leave so late compared to other ships/cruises?

Probably has something to do with the stop or sea day the next day. The Gem is leaving at 9PM from San Juan in October and November, giving everyone a full day in San Juan, the next day is a sea day and the day three port time is 8 A M. The Spirit left Venice after midnight, it was nice to see the path out, the next two days were at sea before stopping in Athens. We enjoyed a night time tour before getting back on the ship.

You will have a "Quarter Moon" to light your way...so if the skies are clear, should be romantic :)

http://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/october/2016/

• 2 weeks later...