Adventure of the Seas/San Juan, PR

Last year we stayed at Hyatt Place at the port (convention center). It was fabulous! All suites , pool, breakfast, and right across from the marina and port. The best was there was no resort tax which can really raise the price. We had originally booked Embassy Suites but switched and the price was so much less without resort tax. It is a short taxi ride from airport and to OSJ.

I second the last post!!! Don't waste your money staying in one of the big US chains - there is a number of lovely places right in the Old Town - El Convento being one of them, we stayed at a place just down the road called Monastery Art Suites which was a little cheaper than the Convento and was LOVELY!! Big, bespoke rooms with very good air conditioning, a big fridge and a nice big bathroom (oh and Apple TV, for what it's worth...it was nice for the hubster bc he was able to watch football...). The staff was outstanding and the location of both the Monastery Art Suites and the Convento can't be beat if you like being in the historic part of town - super easy to walk everywhere!! We took Ubers to the beach and back every day, it was very easy.

To me, the Sheraton looked old and dodgy from the outside and was not in as nice a location - closer to the Old Town cruise piers, but unfortunately, Royal Caribbean uses the one on the other side of the water, so it doesn't really matter!

March 2016, we stayed at Best Western Condado. Our room was huge with a balcony from which we could see the beach, and in the morning, Adventure. Others used the hotel's free shuttle to the ship, but that didn't leave until 1pm. We paid the small amount for a cab and got on the ship between 11 and 12. Also, Condado has a whole strip of restaurants for dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I second the last post!!! Don't waste your money staying in one of the big US chains - there is a number of lovely places right in the Old Town - El Convento being one of them, we stayed at a place just down the road called Monastery Art Suites which was a little cheaper than the Convento and was LOVELY!! Big, bespoke rooms with very good air conditioning, a big fridge and a nice big bathroom (oh and Apple TV, for what it's worth...it was nice for the hubster bc he was able to watch football...). The staff was outstanding and the location of both the Monastery Art Suites and the Convento can't be beat if you like being in the historic part of town - super easy to walk everywhere!! We took Ubers to the beach and back every day, it was very easy.

To me, the Sheraton looked old and dodgy from the outside and was not in as nice a location - closer to the Old Town cruise piers, but unfortunately, Royal Caribbean uses the one on the other side of the water, so it doesn't really matter!

Thanks for the tip! We will have to check Monastery Art Suites!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be on the Adventure.

I am looking for a hotel room for 1 night pre cruise for a single, female. I will be arriving late afternoon, would like a pool and a restaurant within the hotel or close by. I have been to San Juan for port stops so have seen the sights.

Edited by phabric

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the suite lounges open up prior to dinner- is it like an hour or so before? I am just wondering. And can they book your excursions for you ahead of time? We have not traveled much in a suite only 1 other time and that was quite awhile ago so I just wanted to kind of know how the process works- also since we leave so late when do you all actually leave to board the ship. We have usually always arrived early around 10 10:30 AM and are usually onboard by 1130-12 for a 5 PM departure. Thanks in advance.

Stayed at Ciqala prior to our cruise. While there was nothing wrong and it was clean, I didn't like it. Didn't feel at home. Entered the Sheraton Old San Juan and I loved it. We stayed at La Concha Renaissance in Condado post-cruise and it was amazing. Friendly staff, great pools and lovely beach. I also loved the area!

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I 2nd this review, we stayed at La Concha last year for 2 nights prior to our cruise, we loved it so much that in February we are staying for 3 nights prior to the cruise!!

Does anyone know when the suite lounges open up prior to dinner- is it like an hour or so before? I am just wondering. And can they book your excursions for you ahead of time? We have not traveled much in a suite only 1 other time and that was quite awhile ago so I just wanted to kind of know how the process works- also since we leave so late when do you all actually leave to board the ship. We have usually always arrived early around 10 10:30 AM and are usually onboard by 1130-12 for a 5 PM departure. Thanks in advance.

The lounges are accessible 24 hours with your SeaPass card. However, the Concierge will likely be there only for several hours in the morning and several in the evening. The evening hours usually start about an hour prior to early traditional dinner time.

You must be checked-in at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

Edited by clarea

The lounges are accessible 24 hours with your SeaPass card. However, the Concierge will likely be there only for several hours in the morning and several in the evening. The evening hours usually start about an hour prior to early traditional dinner time.

You must be checked-in at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

Awesome, thanks!!

• 2 months later...
Thank you to all for your recommendations and suggestions. I will definitely check out these hotels and see how they're rated on trip adviser. Thank you, too, for the link for Puerto Rico. I had tried to find it earlier, but couldn't. Your link was a huge help to me. :)

Look up Hyatt House San Juan. The area that it's in isn't overflowing with restaurants but they're not that far from OSJ but they're very close to the Pan American Pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums