Baltimore before or after cruise

Ken Greco

If you are not from the Baltimore/DC area and want to spend a few days before or after the Grandeur cruise in the Baltimore area; please stop in to the Inner Harbor Visitors Center for all info on Baltimore and Maryland in general. I work as a volunteer there and help cruisers all the time how they can spend a day or two enjoying the city. Also, we the visitors center can get you low rates on downtown hotels.

If you are not from the Baltimore/DC area and want to spend a few days before or after the Grandeur cruise in the Baltimore area; please stop in to the Inner Harbor Visitors Center for all info on Baltimore and Maryland in general. I work as a volunteer there and help cruisers all the time how they can spend a day or two enjoying the city. Also, we the visitors center can get you low rates on downtown hotels.

You need to post this on the East Coast Departure boards.

Seeing your post, I was just going to direct people to visit the Inner Harbor and also enjoy a true Maryland crab cake! :)

Seeing your post, I was just going to direct people to visit the Inner Harbor and also enjoy a true Maryland crab cake! :)

But not at Phillips!!! Here are some places for fabulous crabcakes. Two are in Baltimore and two are by BWI airport.

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maryland/best-crab-cakes-maryland/

Edited by Homosassa

I will be there in September but would've need to make hotel arrangements before I arrive, is there a website with discount info?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tell the hotels you are going on a cruise and what discounts they offer; some offer park and stay if you are driving in. If you fly in, BWI airports has a good number of choices for price and quality

Thank you Ken. We're driving to Baltimore from NY for our 2017 cruise and hope to spend a few days there before the cruise.

We have vacationed in Ocean City many times over the years and love the crab and crab cakes... can't wait.

We will be looking for hotels with 'park and stay' but convenient for sightseeing. Any specific suggestions?

thanks.

Thank you Ken. We're driving to Baltimore from NY for our 2017 cruise and hope to spend a few days there before the cruise.

We have vacationed in Ocean City many times over the years and love the crab and crab cakes... can't wait.

We will be looking for hotels with 'park and stay' but convenient for sightseeing. Any specific suggestions?

thanks.

Days Inn and the Best Western in the Inner Harbor are good choices for mid priced hotels. If you want an upscale hotel try the Marriott Inner Harbor or the new Marriott Harbor East. For dinner I recommend going to the Little Italy section in the Inner Harbor, 15 restaurants and one fabulous pastry shop called Vaccaros.

Days Inn and the Best Western in the Inner Harbor are good choices for mid priced hotels. If you want an upscale hotel try the Marriott Inner Harbor or the new Marriott Harbor East. For dinner I recommend going to the Little Italy section in the Inner Harbor, 15 restaurants and one fabulous pastry shop called Vaccaros.

Thank you Ken, we will check these out. Our cruise is still more than a year away but better to be prepared... LOL>

We will stop at the Visitor's Center too!

Have any of you been following the Drum Corps Heritage Society on FB

Brings back a lot of memories.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We have hijacked this thread to the confusion of many I am sure. Thanks for this. My husband will love it. ( former member of East Farmingdale VanGuards, Bronx Kingsmen, Sunrisers).