My power strip was taken at check in :-(

Propro

I've always thought the same thing. I just don't see why anyone would need more than are provided.

Keep in mind, too, that the ship's electricity comes from a very large generator, and it isn't essentially unlimited like it is on land. When you increase the usage in your cabin, you're messing with the ship's function.

Well, if every cabin on the ship plugged in a commercial hair dryer at the same time and turned them on at the same time, full power, you would get 10% or less of a ship's generating power. Power usage in cabins is a very small percentage of a ship's capacity, even given folks propensity for power strips and extension cords.

Now some models of Samsung phones are not allowed onboard. I read where someone was using it for photos only but nope still not allowed

Why not do a little research before posting random comments. Only the Samsung Note 7 has been banned but it's also banned from aircraft and is a well known fire hazard. There's more news than just what you read on CC.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Lol- note, I only listed my plethora of devices to show why I'd really like to bring a multi-plugin adaptor :), since people keep saying "there are enough plugins". Really excited to try the Belkin adaptor on our next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With all of the information in this thread and others explaining why you shouldn't use the Belkin aboard, why would you insist on taking it? There are a number of viable alternatives, several mentioned earlier in the thread, so it's not as if the Belkin is your only choice.

Mrs Pete- overnight we charge 2 phones, an iPad, a kindle, a ds lite, sometimes a camera, an Apple Watch, 2 fitbits, and use a cpap with an oversize plug in. There are never enough outlets in the room for us :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sure you have enough outlets. You just need to plan for a moment:

- Most of these gadgets -- phones, cameras, etc. -- will hold a charge about two days. If yours are not holding a charge that long, I'd ask whether you have a bunch of background stuff running; for example, if you turn off location on your phone, it makes a huge difference in the length of your charge. Anyway, these items need to be on the charger 2-3 hours every other day. Let your phone charge while you sleep. Let your iPad charge while you go to the show in the evening. Let the DS Lite charge while you are at the pool for the afternoon.

- With heavy use, my Kindle holds a charge about 3 weeks, so unless you're keeping your wireless turned on all the time or are taking a very long cruise, you don't need to charge it at all.

- I quit using my FitBit because I didn't like wearing it on my wrist, but it held a charge 4-5 days, so it'd only need to be charged once mid-cruise.

- Your CPAP will "hog" one plug all night, but it won't be needed during the day, leaving that outlet available for other items.

Really, even if you choose never to look up from your electronics during your vacation, you can keep them charged with just the outlets provided in your cabin. Switching your electronics around shouldn't be a big issue.

Edited by MrsPete

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-Charger-PowerPort-PowerIQ/dp/B01IUTIUEA/

Just get one and you're gold. If you have something that requires an actual outlet, you've still got more in the room.

Most of your items charge via USB now. This is your answer.

It is NOT grounded.

It is NOT a surge protector.

It IS allowed and acceptable.

It IS super handy and does a great job.

It IS very small and easy to pack.

I purchased a really nice set of 1ft long braided cords. It is super easy to slide this Anker charger and 6 short cords... 5 micro USB for our devices and 1 mini USB for my GoPro (we don't do the Apple gear, but you can get them in Apple lightning or old Apple style, too) because it's amazing how many things charge via USB now. I even have a rechargeable LED flashlight that is USB. My co-worker even has a white noise machine that is USB!