My power strip was taken at check in :-(

Propro

I've brought an extension cord with three plug ins on every cruise in my carryon and it's never been questioned. I also have a three outlet plug that I carry. I know surge protectors aren't allowed. We take an extension cord because some plugs are recessed on older ships (GR for example) and you can't plug some adapters into them. The banned list used to say power strips and now says extension cords, sigh.

Edited by BND

Now some models of Samsung phones are not allowed onboard. I read where someone was using it for photos only but nope still not allowed

I haven't heard that officially or even rumored. I'm about to board with a Galaxy S7 Edge. There are no reported problems with it. From personal experience, and a 40 year old degree in Electronic Engineering, mine can get warm enough for me to be concerned if I have several aps running including the battery hog WAZE, while it is charging in my car. (My ride home is only 20-30 minutes.

I do plan on turning it off shortly after the ship sails and not charging it till our last day.

Can't stop laughing. A WAFFLE IRON !! I can't even think of a reason why.

It was speculation on my part that they have always wanted one and had been pricing them and since many people come to San Juan early for a cruise, they must have seen a great bargain and bought it for home. I can't imagine they planned on actually making one on board.

I haven't heard that officially or even rumored. I'm about to board with a Galaxy S7 Edge. There are no reported problems with it. From personal experience, and a 40 year old degree in Electronic Engineering, mine can get warm enough for me to be concerned if I have several aps running including the battery hog WAZE, while it is charging in my car. (My ride home is only 20-30 minutes.

I do plan on turning it off shortly after the ship sails and not charging it till our last day.

It's the new Samsung 7 Note. It catches on fire spontaneously. There's a worldwide recall on it and they have stopped selling it. Was just on American Airline flights and its now part if the take off talk that is has to be fully powered off and not in airplane mode. It's banned from use by Carnival Corp, Royal Caribbean Corp and some others.

Now some models of Samsung phones are not allowed onboard. I read where someone was using it for photos only but nope still not allowed

My husband replaced his Samsung phone. Wonder how they can tell which are the replaced phones.

NO, Most of us DON'T have iphone. iphones only has 40% of the cell phone market in the US.

http://fortune.com/2016/02/11/apple-iphone-ios-share/

Didn't you just send me proof that more people own iphones than any other phone? :confused: As long as you feel better after your rant, that is all that matters. Thanks for the link!!!

Edited by champagne123
sssss

:confused:Why should it matter they just wanted to use it for photos only.:confused: The battery is the Problem and it still uses battery power when taking pics.

They don´t allow to use them on planes now either.

Didn't you just send me proof that more people own iphones than any other phone? :confused: As long as you feel better after your rant, that is all that matters. Thanks for the link!!!

The original quote was "which most of us have". 60% of people don't have iphones is the point. 40% isn't great than 60% of non-iphones.

I have the same problem when I hear people on TV News saying "Here is a story everyone is talking about". No, Everyone is not talking about any story.

The original quote was "which most of us have". 60% of people don't have iphones is the point. 40% isn't great than 60% of non-iphones.

I have the same problem when I hear people on TV News saying "Here is a story everyone is talking about". No, Everyone is not talking about any story.

More people have iphones than any other phone....now....is that better? Is that phrased to your satisfaction? I hope you are able to move on with your life. :rolleyes:

Sorry this happened. ...just curious though. I can think of at least 4 outlets in the cabin. How many things do you need plugged in at any one given time? :confused:

One problem is for people who use CPAPs. This often requires an extension cord of some type to get from desk area to bed. On our recent trip on Allure we found out that there is another outlet that was just under the bed. Actually we had no idea until recently that there was this ban. If you need to use a CPAP on other ships, if you contact attendant they will provide what ever you need. I think they are concerned about poor quality devices that could lead to a fire. I do find it interesting that they allow hot rollers, but not irons. I guess they don't want a lot of angry women like me on formal night :)

I believe the Belkin also has a surge protector which means it's not safe for marine use. At least that's what I've read on CC...

That's okay. Most people don't care whether it's safe or not; only whether or not they can get away with bringing it anyway.

LOL. You have a very low threshold for what you call a "rant." :cool:

LOL. You have a very low threshold for what you call a "rant." :cool:

Lol..you could be right Paul, but holy cow. Capitalization on some words (yelling at me) ....going on the internet to prove me wrong. Why? (all he did is prove me right). ...and then telling me I phrased it wrong :confused: (seems like incorrect phrasing is his pet peeve)and then giving another example of what "gets his goat". I just hope he is okay now.;)

Edited by champagne123
xxxx

Lol..you could be right Paul, but holy cow. Capitalization on some words (yelling at me) ....going on the internet to prove me wrong. Why? (all he did is prove me right). ...and then telling me I phrased it wrong :confused: (seems like incorrect phrasing is his pet peeve)and then giving another example of what "gets his goat". I just hope he is okay now.;)

Sorry but it all goes back to studying Engineering and Math in college and a Logic class I took many years ago. My logic is solid. ;)

Edited by bala1130

...pathetic.

No excuse for behavior like this.

When on Independence last year, I did not find any outlets by bed at all (and I searched & moved everything) so they brought me a heavy duty extension cord that we had to run in the middle of the floor to get to the desk area.

We are going on Freedom next year. Does anyone know if outlets are near the bed (staying in cabin E3-6336)? I know they are sister ships & Freedom was built before Independence, but wondering by chance about the outlets?

When on Independence last year, I did not find any outlets by bed at all (and I searched & moved everything) so they brought me a heavy duty extension cord that we had to run in the middle of the floor to get to the desk area.

We are going on Freedom next year. Does anyone know if outlets are near the bed (staying in cabin E3-6336)? I know they are sister ships & Freedom was built before Independence, but wondering by chance about the outlets?

I don't believe staterooms on Freedom have outlets near the bed.

Oasis of the Seas check in today and I had a power strip in my carry on. It wasn't a surge protector, just a strip. It was spottted by x-ray and they told me I couldn't bring any power strip or extension cord on the ship since they claim it's a fire hazard. They tagged it and gave me a receipt so I can claim it after the cruise. Not enough outlets in this room.

You should of known that.

Belkin Mini plug is where its at no cord never had a problem plus its got USB outlets on it for all your extra electronics you can charge .

Regardless of how many times you have taken this onboard and used it, or how many times you have gotten it past security, this is a ticking time bomb. The more times it is exposed to ship board power, the more likely it is to fail catastrophically. It can work perfectly well right up to the moment when a ground fault elsewhere on the ship causes the surge protector to fail and catch fire.