Transfers from Houston to Galveston

boobydoo

one of the shuttles, Galveston limo or Galveston express gets mostly good reviews, the other does not. one is more reliable.

i don't know for sure which one is which but im sure u can get an idea from posts and reviews.

Shuttles are cheaper than taxi.

BUT, if u have 4 or more people taxis can be cheaper. shuttles charge per person. taxis can fit 6 , a few 7 people with luggage.

$160 from port to Bush IAH airport, $95 from port to HOU Hobby airport. taxis are faster and more flexible. Shuttles are usually cheaper for 1-3 or 4 people.

galvestontaxikent

Thanks so much for the great information! I just want to confirm the prices are "set" prices for all taxis or are they estimates?

We would love to take a taxi to IAH after our cruise (before the cruise is already figured out) and if we can take our 6 people for $160, we are definitely taking a taxi!

Thanks again Kent!

Yes, i don't recall 2 infants at a time but ive often taken 1. Of course you have to know how to buckle them up properly I don't really know I could figure it out but as long as you can do that we can do it.

LUGGAGE, if you pack heavy with two big bags per person even 3 then sometimes we have to put some of the smaller bags inside but we always figure out a way to do it and I've never had to call another taxi because of too much baggage.

SO..YES..

And...just to make u aware, if you approach a taxi in the taxi stand line and ask for ride...IT IS AGAINST THE LAW for the driver to refuse you. Whether its short or long trip the driver must take you if he doesn't there are several police officers within shouting distance tell them they'll kick the driver off the property. We drivers must be good to the customers and fair to each other that's why many of the laws were made

galvestontaxikent

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i just noticed u wanted info on Hou - Galveston. from airports.

there are more options in Houston that are cheaper than taxi. If u want info on that contact me again

galvestontaxikent

Hopefully you can help. 2 of us are flying in to Hobby and staying nearby. It appears a taxi to the Galveston cruise port would cost $102 plus tip. Since this is cheaper than a private car, I'm wondering if taxi drivers are dependable and will know where to go.

We're looking for a private car from the port to Bush airport when we rerun. Are there any dependable drivers that would charge around $150?

• 1 month later...
Hi there can anyone give advice or recommend transfers ,we are flying to Houston then boarding liberty of the seas at Galveston but have got to make our own way there. RC aren't supplying this service. Help please 😬

If you were coming in day before cruise, RCCI was not taking booking for airport to pier but that has changed. Now you can book transportation for day of cruise. You can also book from pier to airport on the ship for your return. IAH or HOU

As others have said, Galveston Express seems pretty good and cheap. Cruise line transfers are pretty restrictive in my experience because they only operate on the day of the cruise and are expensive. Wish there was Uber in Galveston! There are other options here: Houston to Galveston Cruise Transport

No matter what you choose, expect it to cost a couple of hundred round-trip unless you are going solo.

It was $80 roundtrip for 2 with Galveston Limo HOU.

Have you used them yet? I'm interested in using them but I've seen a few reviews from carnival cruisers that the shuttle was an hour or more later then what they were scheduled for.

We used both of these during our stay...one to return hire car to airport and the other to return from cruise to IAH

TX airport transfers. Owned by Dwayne Johnson. Suggested by Hilton Galveston Island. Our driver was Marc. Reception called them for us. They called and left answerphone message on our room voicemail ( not too keen to call UK mobile phones). Gave time which we needed to confirm as acceptable. We called and changed from their suggestion . Marc the driver was friendly, polite and in the agreed place at carhire returns exactly on time.

The Pink Taxi Galveston. Owned by John and Tate.

The return trip was arranged by our daughter who had used John when stuck at Enterprise car hire Galveston...recommended by a fellow car renter.

John was amazing. Daughter texted as arranged when leaving ship. John could not park up for long, but was there on exit from baggage claim/ immigration. They waited short time for us to get through. John was friendly , reliable and very knowledgeable. He suggested a short stop at NASA en route to airport and gave so much information as we travelled. Lovely to meet a gentleman so passionate about his town.

Both companies have our full recommendations!

Have you used them yet? I'm interested in using them but I've seen a few reviews from carnival cruisers that the shuttle was an hour or more later then what they were scheduled for.

We used them in September. It worked out perfectly. We thought we would have to take the later shuttle on arrival. As soon as we stepped off the plane, we had a text from the driver that they were waiting for us with the earlier shuttle. Great customer service!

• 2 weeks later...

Our group of 4 booked with Galveston Express. If we have 1 more person stay at our hotel we can get them to pick us up at the hotel and not at Hobby.

Holiday Inn at Hobby

pick up date 2/19/17

If you are staying at this hotel and book with Galveston Express, please reply, then we don't have to shuttle back to the airport.

Our group of 4 booked with Galveston Express. If we have 1 more person stay at our hotel we can get them to pick us up at the hotel and not at Hobby.

Holiday Inn at Hobby

pick up date 2/19/17

If you are staying at this hotel and book with Galveston Express, please reply, then we don't have to shuttle back to the airport.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest you ask this of your fellow shipmates on the Roll Call for your sailing. Good luck to you and have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

any more thoughts on galveston limo? tripadvisor reviews - some are scary and reasonable.

we have 4 - two kids. Going down Friday from HOU before Sunday cruise. Coming back Bush on the day the cruise leaves. Galveston limo is quoting 180 RT which is much cheaper than elsewhere.

Edited by aeneas3

We saw a whole bunch of other shuttles from other companies when we were waiting for Galveston Limo. I should have written down some of the names but I didn't. So perhaps you can find other companies that suit your needs as well. There were a lot of them that I hadn't heard of when I was doing our research. :)

Took Uber from Houston hotel to port - fast and super easy. 4 people so less than a shuttle. On way back to Hobby, was planning on taking GetMe, but they had no drivers in the area even though they said they would. Took taxi instead. Same price as shuttle, but much quicker and easier.

Took Uber from Houston hotel to port - fast and super easy. 4 people so less than a shuttle. On way back to Hobby, was planning on taking GetMe, but they had no drivers in the area even though they said they would. Took taxi instead. Same price as shuttle, but much quicker and easier.

Was there much difference in price using Uber on the way and a taxi on the return?

What date are you sailing? We are considering renting a car from IAH to the pier.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There are very few, if any rental drop off places in Galveston. And Enterprise may not be open on Sunday for a return pick up. That is why the rental car idea is not very popular. Some people do rent an inexpensive car and then pay to park it at one of the off port lots or hotels for the week.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There are very few, if any rental drop off places in Galveston. And Enterprise may not be open on Sunday for a return pick up. That is why the rental car idea is not very popular. Some people do rent an inexpensive car and then pay to park it at one of the off port lots or hotels for the week.

I thought I had read somewhere that Uber isn't allowed to operate in Galveston? I would love to use them, what was your cost?I also have a hotel near Hobby...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I thought I had read somewhere that Uber isn't allowed to operate in Galveston? I would love to use them, what was your cost?I also have a hotel near Hobby...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

We didn't use Uber. Uber can take you there, but can't bring you back. Someone else on this thread used Uber. They posted on another thread, that Uber was $80 for 4, one way. We used Galveston Limo, which is a shuttle service.

http://www.galvestonlimo.com/airport-shuttle.asp

Was there much difference in price using Uber on the way and a taxi on the return?

Uber was $76 and it was the UberXL - Mini Van. That price included a $15 discount when using Google Maps to book vs the Uber App.

Taxi on the way back - the posted amount is $95, but the meter read $106..not sure why the difference. We paid the meter price and figured that included the tip.