list of snacks the butlers can bring you

luckyinpa

So what about POA...I hear what is available is a little different? And since we've never tipped a butler...how does that work, we tip all at once at the end right? And how much?

I'm dreaming of my husband not having to search on board for extra cartons of skim milk....and having them in our fridge every day.:D

Sorry first time on NCL we typically do a deluxe balcony on other lines so don't want to mess up and leave a mad butler!

We've sailed Oceania and they include the butler in their gratuity system. From their website:

"For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $16.00 per guest, per day will be added.

For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $23.00 per guest, per day will be added."

So for Oceania it is like $7/guest/day for the butler.

So what about POA...I hear what is available is a little different? And since we've never tipped a butler...how does that work, we tip all at once at the end right? And how much?

I'm dreaming of my husband not having to search on board for extra cartons of skim milk....and having them in our fridge every day.:D

Sorry first time on NCL we typically do a deluxe balcony on other lines so don't want to mess up and leave a mad butler!

You would also have a concierge but it depends on how much you'd use them. They will get you priority tender for the tender spot on POA. Only thing I can think of really different on POA is they won't do Cagney's in room for B&L but you can still get room service.

We've received most of the above-mentioned snacks, too.

Onboard the Gem right now. Have y'all received more than one snack per day? Considering all the cutbacks I'd read about before our trip, I was shocked :eek: and confused :confused: by that. Unless my mom called and told them I needed fattening up! :D Not complaining.....

Onboard the Gem right now. Have y'all received more than one snack per day? Considering all the cutbacks I'd read about before our trip, I was shocked :eek: and confused :confused: by that. Unless my mom called and told them I needed fattening up! :D Not complaining.....

Yes. You will get the automatic one snack a day and then you can request anything else you want.

I've read many threads but since my trip is coming up soon and i'm sure there are other haven virgins with the same question, i decided to post this.

so please post the snacks you have received from your butler.

thanks.

My DW and i always request balut (google it) which is a developing duck embryo boiled alive and eaten in the shell. (no Joke) Just be careful and do not add too much salt and pepper to the dish...

We also enjoy "blue" M&M's from the candy jar by the Haven pool. I also with when they bring the tray of finger sandwiches to the suite that the lil sandwiches would be labeled... ive spent out many a mouthfuls of finger sandwiches in the provided linen napkin.

I guess you can ask for anything to make your stay better. Please post what you asked for...and dont forget about the "balut" yummo!!!

Best,

Mark

Who is the current concierge and will they be there in Dec?

In the past we had always had our butler bring us sushi(which we paid for) a couple of times during our cruise. This past March when I asked for it our butler said that he could not because of safety. This was when we first met on day one and I did not really question it. A few weeks ago we were in a suite visiting friends and they had sushi delivered. Has any one had any experiences with this?

Not with sushi but with the tiramisu & cheesecake desserts from LaCucina. We start each cruise with dinner in LaCucina; in February, the waiter on the Escape packed dessert for us and we carried them back to our suite. In June, the waiter on the BA told us he couldn't, for safety reasons, but since we were in the Haven, the butler could come and get them, put them in a refrigerator (not the one in our suite) and then we could ask the night butler to get them when we were ready. We skipped dessert - seemed like too much trouble.

Your experience mirrors what we have experienced on NCL - inconsistent policies or interpretation of policies based on ship and who you ask.

• 6 months later...
In the past we had always had our butler bring us sushi(which we paid for) a couple of times during our cruise. This past March when I asked for it our butler said that he could not because of safety. This was when we first met on day one and I did not really question it. A few weeks ago we were in a suite visiting friends and they had sushi delivered. Has any one had any experiences with this?

My mom and I ordered sushi to our Haven suite back in 2014... We waited for about an hour and finally called our butler to check on things. When we called we were told they could not deliver fish/sushi to any staterooms by law. We were annoyed that we had been waiting on an order that was dismissed without being told of it. At this time, most food options were closed and we had a small menu to choose from. We got a Caesar salad and a chicken noodle soup. It came after another long wait, salad was warm and soup was cold. Surprising for the Haven, was not impressed.

However, the rest of the time was amazing! Sailing Haven again next year, can't wait. :D

My DW and i always request balut (google it) which is a developing duck embryo boiled alive and eaten in the shell. (no Joke) Just be careful and do not add too much salt and pepper to the dish...

We also enjoy "blue" M&M's from the candy jar by the Haven pool. I also with when they bring the tray of finger sandwiches to the suite that the lil sandwiches would be labeled... ive spent out many a mouthfuls of finger sandwiches in the provided linen napkin.

I guess you can ask for anything to make your stay better. Please post what you asked for...and dont forget about the "balut" yummo!!!

Best,

Mark

No way, that's a Vietnamese delicacy, how did it end up in the Haven! 😄

We had breakfast in our Haven suite every morning served by our butler...eggs bene never tasted so good.

One evening we didn't want to leave our suite and had the butler (William) deliver dinner from Cagney's ..... we still had one of our SDP dinners left.

Being in the haven and having the services of a butler was an amazing experience. :)

I am confused.... doesn't the Haven come with the SDP automatically? Is it only the 3 per 7 nights as everyone else? bummer if it is.

BTW.... I am considering Haven for my next cruise and this thread alone is making me think "YES". So the Butler will get you any food you want... any time you want. It is like Room Service but better?

I seem to have inadvertantly duplicated my last post. Oh well. Since I have to edit anyway....

I think that the M&M idea with one of my children will be one I will adopt for future cruises and vacations! It's about time those kids of mine were a little more helpful. Thanks for the tip! :)

I am confused.... doesn't the Haven come with the SDP automatically? Is it only the 3 per 7 nights as everyone else? bummer if it is.

BTW.... I am considering Haven for my next cruise and this thread alone is making me think "YES". So the Butler will get you any food you want... any time you want. It is like Room Service but better?

The Specialty Dining Plan is just like everyone else - typical 3 nights on a 7 night cruise.

BUT...in the Haven on the newer ships (starting with the Epic) you have access to the Haven restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. The menu stay the same everyday, but it's still a great choice and we choose it for dinners the other nights.

butler gets you anything on the ship that is available 'now".

its not like being president where they will make you grouper at 4 am if Ocean blue is closed. but if the place is open , you can get what you want. free restaurants would be free and specialty restaurants would be under SDP or cash. just you are getting served in your room is the perk.

The Specialty Dining Plan is just like everyone else - typical 3 nights on a 7 night cruise.

BUT...in the Haven on the newer ships (starting with the Epic) you have access to the Haven restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. The menu stay the same everyday, but it's still a great choice and we choose it for dinners the other nights.

i had the filet every day for bfast. by the 2nd or 3rd day they did know how i liked it so that was nice and its a very good thing to have bfast brought to you on the last day in your room.

• 4 weeks later...