Weather update from Carnival

cruzin Phillis

We are sitting in Clearwater Beach. We are supposed to sail on the magic tomorrow. Just received this from carnival

Update for Carnival Magic - Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area and officials will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our scheduled itinerary. We will provide you another update after 10:00 AM Saturday regarding embarkation times.

This is getting a bit frustrating... We have a friend onboard the magic this week and she just told us they were just sitting down near the tip of Florida waiting. She said she would update us as soon as they tell her something. We have no idea what to do in the morning, as we have to be out of our room here in Clearwater. I have a feeling if this cruise does happen it will be the least crowded cruise we have ever been on

Edited by zpdw484

Carnival's greed has brought a lot of people into this area because they refuse to refund. I know there are a lot of you who just love Carnival and they can do no wrong, your brainwashed by a corporation. Hurricane, evacuations and a port closing would cause any reputable company to give the option of a refund. Instead I get another worthless letter holding me hostage to the thousands I spent on a cruise. If carnival cared about safety and their passengers they would have given the option of a refund or rebook, the day the state of emergency was declared. Any company worth a sh1t would have at least done so the day the port was closed. Instead I wait, thinking about my next cruise on another line. Thanks for that worthless update you corporate pigs!!

Edited by Graptor

So tired of people who are complaining about vacations, while others are riding a storm, spending money too for safety.

There was 5 deaths in this state, many without power and some without homes...

Would you rather be in a hurricane while on the ship???

No SAFETY IS #1

and now for the juvenile personal attacks:confused:

We are due on the magic cruise tomorrow and are currently in st Pete beach, we don't really know what to do. We are thinking of just making our way to the port for around mid day and taking it from there. What is everyone else doing?

I would have rather been offered a re-book or refund last week and not to have had to travel into the abyss. There seems to be a lack of understanding about that on this forum. Carnival brought people here because of their greed.

That's exactly what I'm doing. If I'm given a chance for a refund before that, I'm taking it.

We are due on the magic cruise tomorrow and are currently in st Pete beach, we don't really know what to do. We are thinking of just making our way to the port for around mid day and taking it from there. What is everyone else doing?

No refund was offered for me. I just got this silly letter.

Hello again,

As promised, I am back to provide you an update regarding the weather and our plans for your cruise.

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area. Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 5 day cruise with a two day call to Nassau. Depending on the conditions in Freeport and the long term track of the storm, we may be able to add a visit there later in the week.

Given the impact to your itinerary, we will be posting a 50.00 USD per person credit to your onboard Sail & Sign account for your enjoyment. Additionally, we would like to invite you on another 2-5 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 25% cruise discount* to your next reservation.

For the latest information regarding your sailing you can visit our website at https://help.carnival.com. Also, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL6 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates.

We will stay in close contact with port officials and will provide you an update after 10:00 AM tomorrow regarding our embarkation times and itinerary plans.

We look forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely,

Signature - Arlene Marichal

Arlene Marichal

That's probably the game plan for us also. I figure traffic is not going to be good with all the local residents heading back home. I feel like all us cruisers are just going to be in the way.. But what else are we supposed to do? Carnival really didn't give us an option

you should be ok..

No curfews there either...people are going back to their homes now; part of the town has no power

Safe travels.. may you have blue skies and calm seas

Edited by rjrice1

So tired of people who are complaining about vacations, while others are riding a storm, spending money too for safety.

There was 5 deaths in this state, many without power and some without homes...

Would you rather be in a hurricane while on the ship???

No SAFETY IS #1

Then why are you on here when you have nothing to do with cruising this weekend? I didn't see you asking why people are going on a cruise when My coast go hit with Hermine a couple weeks ago. No one is complaining about carnival watching out for our safety just would like the option to cancel without penalty in this state of emergency. Some have saved long for this cruise and would not like to lose their investment. They gave other cruises the option.

My guess is this is a company troll. I have zero clue why someone would come on a cruise blog and scold people for talking about cruising. or in our case, maybe not cruising...

Then why are you on here when you have nothing to do with cruising this weekend? I didn't see you asking why people are going on a cruise when My coast go hit with Hermine a couple weeks ago. No one is complaining about carnival watching out for our safety just would like the option to cancel without penalty in this state of emergency. Some have saved long for this cruise and would not like to lose their investment. They gave other cruises the option.

I called at 12:15 to try to book the Sensation, since I had just enough time to leave work early, pack, and get to Miami. It could have been a weekend cruise with no vacation time used and a chance to talk to the people who probably went to great lengths to get on the ship, but bookings were closed, so no deal.

That stinks! I am on Sensation next saturday for a 5 nighter. I cant wait!!

I would have rather been offered a re-book or refund last week and not to have had to travel into the abyss. There seems to be a lack of understanding about that on this forum. Carnival brought people here because of their greed.

I dont know how many times you are going to say the same thing over and over again. If the port is open. Your cruise is on. The company has a responsibility to provide the product to the people that want to go on THEIR vacation. It is not just about YOU. If you didnt buy insurance. That is on you. I cruise next weekend when the hurricane is supposed to be back over Miami again. If my flight is cancelled I will drive from Washington DC to Miami to go on the cruise. You might want to get into your car right now and drive on down.

Thanks for the update . I just hope the roads are clear so people that are driving can arrive safely, Mathew is still showing his ugly face along the east coast.

It seems you are in the minority again. Poor you and your sad attempts to constantly bash bash bash. .

Sorry cat lady, I don't share your irrational, blind devotion to Carnival. I think that their expectation that their customers will trek down into a federal disaster area is insane. Airline schedules are screwed up. Hotels have cancelled peoples bookings. Some roads may be impassible or clogged with locals who are trying to recover and restore normality to their lives. Cleanup and utility crews are frantically trying to do their jobs. Have you ever been through a major hurricane before? I kinda doubt it. It's a total cluster in the aftermath. Things don't just get back to normal in 24hrs. Carnival should offer the option to cancel without penalty at this time. It's the right thing to do for the customer and the affected region. The only reason not to do that is greed and irresponsibility, plain and simple.

HURRICANE MATTHEW

HURRICANE MATTHEW

Weather Update – 10/07/16 – 6:00 PM (EST)

We continue to closely monitor the storm system and projected path of Hurricane Matthew and Tropical Storm Nicole which has now developed in the Atlantic.

Carnival Ecstasy – 10/8/16 departure

The Port of Charleston is now closed and it is unlikely to re-open by Saturday. If the port reopens on Sunday, we will operate a 6-day cruise. Once we have a better understanding of the storm's long range forecast and our destinations have concluded their post-storm assessments, we will confirm our itinerary for the cruise.

Given the shortened duration, a one-day pro-rated refund of your cruise fare and any pre-purchased shore excursions for cancelled ports will be processed within 3 weeks to the original form of payment. Gratuities will be adjusted to reflect the shorter cruise.

Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

We will provide you with another update at 6:00 PM on Saturday.

Carnival Elation – 10/8/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew is currently in the Jacksonville area and the Port of Jacksonville remains closed to all marine traffic. Port officials will start their post-storm assessment once conditions are safe but it is unlikely this will be completed by tomorrow. Once we receive clearance from the port authorities, we expect to arrive on Sunday to operate a 4 day cruise to Nassau.

Guests who opt to sail on the shortened voyage will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the amount of one day of their cruise fare as well as pre-purchased shore excursions for Freeport. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks Also, gratuities will be adjusted to reflect the shortened cruise.

Should you wish to cancel, you may do so with a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

We will provide you another update by 6:00 PM tomorrow.

Carnival Magic – 10/8/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area and officials will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our scheduled itinerary.

We will provide you another update by 10:00 AM on Saturday.

Carnival Glory - 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Glory cruise departing on Oct. 8 remains as scheduled. At this time, there are no changes to the ship’s itinerary.

Carnival Splendor – 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Splendor cruise departing Oct. 8 remains as scheduled. At this time, there are no changes to the ship’s itinerary.

Carnival Sunshine - 10/8/16 departure

The Carnival Sunshine cruise departing on Oct. 8 remains as scheduled. At this time, there are no changes to the ship’s itinerary.

Carnival Valor – 10/8/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area. Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 5 day cruise with a two day call to Nassau. Depending on the conditions in Freeport and the long term track of the storm, we may be able to add a visit there later in the week.

Given the impact to your itinerary, we will be posting a 50.00 USD per person credit to your onboard Sail & Sign account for your enjoyment. Additionally, we would like to invite you on another 2-5 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 25% cruise discount* to your next reservation.

We will provide you another update by 10:00 AM on Saturday.

Carnival Conquest - 10/9/16 departure

The Carnival Conquest cruise will depart on Oct. 9. Itinerary details will be confirmed once officials have completed their assessment of Half Moon Cay. An update will be provided after boarding.

Carnival Pride – 10/9/16 departure

Due to the current forecast track of Hurricane Matthew, it is not safe for us to navigate south. Therefore, in order to steer clear of the storm’s path and ensure our guests’ comfort and safety, we will now operate a seven-day cruise with calls in Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport, as well as any difference in government fees and taxes, will be automatically refunded to guest’s Sail & Sign accounts. Information about shore excursions in Saint John and Halifax will be available once guests are on board. Those guests who opt to sail on the modified itinerary will receive a 100.00 USD per person credit to their onboard Sail & Sign accounts. Additionally, guests will receive a 25 percent future cruise discount off a two to seven-day voyage.

Guests scheduled on this voyage who wish to cancel may do so and receive a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. You will receive a full refund of your cruise fare, as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks.

Carnival Victory – 10/9/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area. Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 4-day cruise on Sunday with an overnight visit to Nassau. Depending on the conditions in Freeport and the long term track of the storm, we may be able to add a visit there later in the week.

We will provide you another update by 6:00 PM on Saturday.

We apologize for the tremendous inconvenience the storm is causing and thank you for your understanding.

Additionally, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Carnival Fantasy 10/7 CCL2

Carnival Magic 10/8 CCL3

Carnival Sensation 10/6 CCL4

Carnival Pride 10/9 CCL5

Carnival Valor 10/8 CCL6

Carnival Ecstasy 10/8 CCL7

Carnival Victory 10/6 CCL8

Carnival Elation 10/8 CCL9

Carnival Glory 10/8 CCL10

Carnival Splendor 10/8 CCL11

Carnival Conquest

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Edited by cruzin Phillis

I dont know how many times you are going to say the same thing over and over again. If the port is open. Your cruise is on. The company has a responsibility to provide the product to the people that want to go on THEIR vacation. It is not just about YOU. If you didnt buy insurance. That is on you.

AMEN!

Because some people think all business should cease just because Joe Sixpack and his family aren't sure what to do about getting to the port. There are thousands of people going on cruises tomorrow. The port looks as if it will be open with cruise ships entering and leaving.

Some people will get to the port with no issues. Some may not due to logistics or simply by choice. However, multi-million dollar operations will proceed and rightfully so.

I really hope that those folks that are cruising have a wonderful trip. They sure deserve it!

Someone mentioned above that even with Carnival insurance, you will not get any refund. That is not true, you will receive a 75% refund for a future cruise. There is also a department you can email to review your claim and see if they will refund instead or even give the full amount in a future cruise. My clients were booked on Victory on Sun. Their flights and pre cruise stay has been cancelled. They cannot get there so we are going to try for a full refund or cruise credit. If they only get 75%, they will accept it and move on. We rebooked them and they are leaving on a different cruise from Galveston on Sunday.

Wishing everyone luck with getting to the port or getting a refund.

Someone mentioned above that even with Carnival insurance, you will not get any refund. That is not true, you will receive a 75% refund for a future cruise. There is also a department you can email to review your claim and see if they will refund instead or even give the full amount in a future cruise. My clients were booked on Victory on Sun. Their flights and pre cruise stay has been cancelled. They cannot get there so we are going to try for a full refund or cruise credit. If they only get 75%, they will accept it and move on. We rebooked them and they are leaving on a different cruise from Galveston on Sunday.

Wishing everyone luck with getting to the port or getting a refund.

wrong, you will only receive the 75 percent if your flight gets canceled or one of the few reasons listed.

wrong, you will only receive the 75 percent if your flight gets canceled or one of the few reasons listed.

Carnival insurance wouldn't cover it if you can't drive to the port because you are for example in lockdown in Charleston? Who would ever buy it?

Sorry cat lady, I don't share your irrational, blind devotion to Carnival. I think that their expectation that their customers will trek down into a federal disaster area is insane. Airline schedules are screwed up. Hotels have cancelled peoples bookings. Some roads may be impassible or clogged with locals who are trying to recover and restore normality to their lives. Cleanup and utility crews are frantically trying to do their jobs. Have you ever been through a major hurricane before? I kinda doubt it. It's a total cluster in the aftermath. Things don't just get back to normal in 24hrs. Carnival should offer the option to cancel without penalty at this time. It's the right thing to do for the customer and the affected region. The only reason not to do that is greed and irresponsibility, plain and simple.

Blind devotion it is not. But I am so sick of people like you whose only agenda is to bad mouth Carnival. Why does CC have a bad name. Answer - Thorncroft and people like you.

A couple of years ago (probably also storm related) they cancelled a 7 day Pride cruise out of Baltimore, but then a day or so later they advertised a four or so day "surprise" cruise - we lived near port and snapped up an aft balcony.

Almost all the folks that did the checking in were also sailing - they were given first notice of the cruise - it was so festive, many of them had been working embarkation check in for years and had never sailed - they were so excited!

It was a blast!

Sounds like a win win and probably a very memorable cruise just from that perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Blind devotion it is not. But I am so sick of people like you whose only agenda is to bad mouth Carnival. Why does CC have a bad name. Answer - Thorncroft and people like you.

There are certainly people on the Carnival threads with a negative agenda. At times, I engage and debate them, more so that others know the other side (I would view it as the factual side). That said, some are fairly knowledgable in regards to cruising and you can gleen info from them.

To be honest, while I might call them bashers, they would probably call me a cheerleader.... All of which is fine. I can def understand the frustration tho......

Sent from my iPad using Forums