Carnival Dream MDR Question

Lane412000

This is why we look at where our table is first afternoon and if not satisfied visit MD.

Wish they would add requested table size to the requests we make.

We do the same, not sure they would be able to fill all those request though. .

Those two tops go quick.

Might be better off doing anytime in that case

I agree. We tried Your Time Dining on our last cruise and were able to get a table for two every night. And there was only one night during those 9 days we had to wait for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did YTD on the Dream a couple of weeks ago and had a two person table every night with plenty of room in all directions. I've done the same on the Magic and the tables were just far enough apart for the wait staff to squeeze between them.

Which dining room on the Dream is the designated MDR for your time dining?

I'm blanking on the name, but it was the dining room toward mid-ship (scarlet?). The dining room aft was "regular" seating (as well as brunch).

Which dining room on the Dream is the designated MDR for your time dining?

The Crimson. We just got off the Dream on 10/9 and had your time dining. We requested a table for 2 every night and was able to get one without having to wait.

One thing I noticed about the MDR on the Dream is that we shared the dining room with Anytime diners, so there were always people coming and going. We were early diners and they put us in the middle of the room while the anytime diners got all of the window tables. I think that this was only the front dining room and the rear dining room was all either early or late dining. I think we were just overflow because we were wait-listed for early dining and got it on the second night.

There are tables for two, but you are only a couple inches away from the table next up you, so you never really feel alone.

Not true. I was in the Scarlet dining room on the 10/9 sailing, and our table for 2 was probably 4' away from every table. There were large round tables around us. I think it was table 536

If you look at the link below, you can see the tables for 2 in between the round tables, it was a nice table.

http://cruisefever.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/carnival-dream-crimson-restaurant.jpg

Edited by kylesplash

We have sat at a table for 2 (or a 4 top if we have DD) since ATD has started. At breakfast or bunch they have seated us with others and once time at elegant night when it was just DH and I, they asked us if we wanted to dine with others and we opted to do so. The tables are quiet close together, but not too bad. If you want to talk to your neighbors, you can. And if you do NOT want to, you can ignore them. My DH is very social. I am a little more reserved or socially awkward with people I don't know. It works well for me, because if I feel like being social, I can.

Think about it, you have to get up from the bench side, so it's at least as far apart as your thighs. If the tables were 2" apart, you could never get out of your seat without knocking down the table.

Don't go to Paris. The tables for two won't be 2" apart. The tables for two will be small and will shoved tight up against each other. You will be sitting right next to the people at the tables next to you. When the inside person wants out, the waiter will pull the table out.