Drone for excursions not ship. May i?

Drones are now on the list of prohibited items.

A: Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned..

Prohibited items:

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows

Illegal Drugs

Skateboards & Surfboards

Aerial Drones

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.

HAM Radios

Electrical Extension Cords

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Guests are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

There was a guy that cruised carnival that took his drone and he said it technically wasnt allowed but the crew didnt give him a hard time about it. He had a video on youtube of half moon cay. It was really cool to see. not sure the link.

There was a guy that cruised carnival that took his drone and he said it technically wasnt allowed but the crew didnt give him a hard time about it. He had a video on youtube of half moon cay. It was really cool to see. not sure the link.

not sure if bringing in a prohibited item will result to outright boarding refusal or confiscation of the device, Royal probably does things differently. I need to nose around for a bit.

.. I'l look into that video, maybe the closest i can get to what i really intended to do. Thanks

not sure if bringing in a prohibited item will result to outright boarding refusal or confiscation of the device, Royal probably does things differently.

Typically, they simply hold the prohibited item until the end of the cruise.

Ouch! ... Where on the ship is the Penalty box typically located? Are they open during Port of Call Debarkations?..maybe I can just go in and out like this dude.

Typically, they simply hold the prohibited item without guest access until the end of the cruise

Typically, they simply hold the prohibited item without guest access until the end of the cruise

Most drones are powered by lithium-ion polymer batteries which have a bad reputation for catching on fire if not handled properly. Just ask Samsung! While drones may be prohibited simply because RCI doesn't want them flying around the ship, it's more likely that fire is the major issue. If that's the case, I doubt that they'd allow it on board at all.

Not in Australia :rolleyes:

look http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-cruise-ship-cocaine-haul-accused-glam-drug-trafficker-documented-luxury-trip-before-arrest/news-story/30249715e847dad50f6627536d3c9963

Most drones are powered by lithium-ion polymer batteries which have a bad reputation for catching on fire if not handled properly. Just ask Samsung!.

Just because the media is sensationalizing the Note 7 issues, doesn't mean millions of device with such batteries are unsafe. Safety due to potential battery issues is probably way down the list why RCI doesn't allow drones on board.

Just because the media is sensationalizing the Note 7 issues, doesn't mean millions of device with such batteries are unsafe. Safety due to potential battery issues is probably way down the list why RCI doesn't allow drones on board.

The Note 7 is just the most recent device being recalled as a serious fire hazard due to their LiPo batteries. Earlier this year, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission ordered the recall of over a half-millions hoverboards sold in the States due to the fires started by their batteries. The fire hazard may or may not be the major reason that RCI has banned them, but it certainly wouldn't be "way down the list".

You got an eye.. Cool!..I can only imagine doing this on Oasis, streaming it live on FB for my reluctant friends to see.

So you can stream from go pro to your phone and then broadcast your phone to FB live?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk