How to dress as a kiwi on the ship.

I have rather enjoyed following this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2413339

But it brings up a rather serious issue for me. How to differentiate myself from all the Australians on the ship.

Don't get me wrong, Australia is great. For instance, I drive a Holden, shop at Australian stores that have set up here and watch Australian TV programmes. I also like to visit Australia. My late grandmother was even born in Wonthaggi.

I don't want the poms or yanks asking what state New Zealand is a part of. Or saying that our flag is missing some stars and our coins are weird.

Now as a female, budgie smugglers aren't an option. And I have to keep it classy. I already checked and you can't get a swandri dress and red band gumboot high heels.

Surely someone would have a suggestion or two?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have rather enjoyed following this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2413339

But it brings up a rather serious issue for me. How to differentiate myself from all the Australians on the ship.

Don't get me wrong, Australia is great. For instance, I drive a Holden, shop at Australian stores that have set up here and watch Australian TV programmes. I also like to visit Australia. My late grandmother was even born in Wonthaggi.

I don't want the poms or yanks asking what state New Zealand is a part of. Or saying that our flag is missing some stars and our coins are weird.

Now as a female, budgie smugglers aren't an option. And I have to keep it classy. I already checked and you can't get a swandri dress and red band gumboot high heels.

Surely someone would have a suggestion or two?

I'm not sure you can, unless it was Maori dress.

To differentiate yourself from us uncouth Aussies, you should break into the haka to make us Aussies feel threatened, but we will join in if you let us. But what would you wear? A grass skirt or a black bikini with a fern on it?

I'm not sure you can, unless it was Maori dress.

Good point.

I wonder how that'll get through quarantine with the grass skirt. Maybe I should post ahead.

I could also bring a flax bag instead of a tote bag and/or clutch.

Just start speaking about the six lots of Fish and Chips you recently had, they will very quickly realise that you are not an Aussie, and that you are a Kiwi.

Just mention six and it'll raise their eyes.

The answer is so simple you will kick yourself. Just wear a All Blacks jersey, you can wear it with pride and no Aussie would ever wear one. Ever.

The Monteith Black beer stains won't show up on ye olde All Black shirt, no way.