Goodbye crock visor

ccruisequeen

Or just scrap the entire gift program.

Allow P&D to get $10 OBC

Or discounted internet, steakhouse, photo or spa etc offerings.($10-20)

People would probably still complain, but they would have more control over what they are complaining about.

This is a great idea. Let the P&D guests choose from a few options already available onboard in the form of a discount or credit. And then Carnival would not have to stockpile items onboard that are not popular, and guests could find something meaningful to themselves.

That would be a win-win situation.

Edited by winddawn

I really love my Tervis Tumbler, but I guess something like your embarkation picture for free would be nice too. It's not something I typically buy since I cruise a lot by myself, but it would be a way to remember the cruise forever. It's already printed on most ships anyway and I'm guessing it costs them pennies to do so.

This is a great idea. Let the P&D guests choose from a few options already available onboard in the form of a discount or credit. And then Carnival would not have to stockpile items onboard that are not popular, and guests could find something meaningful to themselves.

That would be a win-win situation.

Carnival isn't going to throw the visors away.

Give P&D a 10% discount off of something and everyone else 15% off could work. A win-win for sure! :D

My inaugural Platinum cruise is booked for February, and regardless of whether this sounds thankless, I really didn't want that awful visor to be my first gift!

LOL. That awful visor was my inaugural Platinum gift. :eek: My husband and I decided it wasn't worth the space in our suitcase so we left them in the cabin.

The new gift is probably the most useful gift yet! (hubby has been platinum for a while, so we've gotten our share of so-so gifts)

I've enjoyed most of the gifts, but must agree that the Turvis Tumbler was probably my favorite. I've got a closet full of the various gifts, and give 'em away to family when they cruise with us. The tumblers are ALWAYS the ones they pick when given a choice.

"SKY"

I've enjoyed most of the gifts, but must agree that the Turvis Tumbler was probably my favorite. I've got a closet full of the various gifts, and give 'em away to family when they cruise with us. The tumblers are ALWAYS the ones they pick when given a choice.

"SKY"

Tumbler has been the most useful. Wish we could find those little binoculars, no idea where we put them.:)

Tumbler has been the most useful. Wish we could find those little binoculars' date=' no idea where we put them.:)[/quote']

I've got one of 'em on the back porch, we use to watch birds, squirrels and other wild life. I think I might have one or two more of 'em in my stash. Not very good quality, but certainly better than the visor. ;)

"SKY"

My husband and I both received the chargers on our Legend cruise in May. We love them because they are compact and they have three different inserts. I have an iPhone and my husband has a Samsung and it is useful for both!

Carnival isn't going to throw the visors away.

Give P&D a 10% discount off of something and everyone else 15% off could work. A win-win for sure! :D

True, as long as the "everyone else" kept their mouths shut about the extra 5% they got. ;)

We have one of those carnival chargers from the Splendor and it gets so hot. I am kind of afraid of it. We had an apple charger catch fire and melt so I get wary of hot chargers now.

The carnival Dream guest services laughed when I asked to swap those visors out. Said we have nothing to swap it for. So,,,,,they are just sitting here. Some family member is gonna say,,,,nice I want it. Or not.

We have one of those carnival chargers from the Splendor and it gets so hot. I am kind of afraid of it. We had an apple charger catch fire and melt so I get wary of hot chargers now.

The carnival Dream guest services laughed when I asked to swap those visors out. Said we have nothing to swap it for. So,,,,,they are just sitting here. Some family member is gonna say,,,,nice I want it. Or not.

One must take care not to connect a device that exceeds the output of the charger. Example; an Iphone may pull .5 amps, while a tablet may require a full 2 amps. Read the device's input requirements and make sure it doesn't exceed the charger's output, or over heating could happen.;)

Guess they have a lot of people thinking the Visor is rather useless:eek:

Are these just "plugs" that go into USB/wall or is it a portable power pack? Thank you