What can be purchased at the pharmacies without a script?

Uncwrn93

They had a ton of prescription drugs available over the counter in Cozumel. I saw a lot of various antibiotics, diabetes meds, topical creams... There was a pharmacy in the shopping center at the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by mrswright

I've found the pharmacies in the ports (Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta) don't have the best variety of meds. We used Discount Drugs and Souvenirs run by Bobbie and Fernando Telez. They are in the downtown area on the waterfront which is close to Punta Langosta but not Puerta Maya.

I see a lot of questions about is something available but does anyone have a list of what you can purchase without a script and the best pharmacy close to the port (we're on Princess) to buy if we want?

There are at least 4 pharmacys with in 10 minute walk of ship,prices vary quite a lot.Tramadol bottle of 100,100mg 38 dollars high end 70 dollars antibiotics,******,vitorin.And several others.But check prices at the other pharmacys.

Thanks so how do you know a pharmacy is somewhere safe to purchase from?

We've been buying RXs from Discount Drugs and Souvenirs for years-Retin-A, Blood pressure meds, antibiotics and many more. Bobbie Telez is from Canada so of course speaks perfect English. Their pharmacy is clean and very modern and has a wide selection.

There are at least 4 pharmacys with in 10 minute walk of ship,prices vary quite a lot.Tramadol bottle of 100,100mg 38 dollars high end 70 dollars antibiotics,******,vitorin.And several others.But check prices at the other pharmacys.

It would help if you stated which pier.

I'm thinking about looking into some getting some meds when we're in Cancun, potentially brand name things my insurance here won't cover. This is my first cruise, and I'm just wondering what the practicalities of this are. Do they search you upon re-entry to the ship? This is technically illegal, right? Or do I need to bring a prescription?

It would help if you stated which pier.

Sorry dont remember pier,it wasnt downtown,the last 3 times we went there on Princess we went to same pier.It is the one with the 2 amigos bar right at pier.

Just an FYI - I purchased weight loss and blood pressure meds for several years while on cruises. Most often it was in Belize, but I also bought in Cozumel several times. I was not as familiar with Cozumel pharmacies and had a hard time locating them on my own. When I asked our bartender on the cruise how to find the meds I was looking for, he told me any taxi driver in Cozumel can recommend where he could take us. THat in itself is risky I know, but the bigger consequence was to come several months later when I was randomly drug tested at work. Of course I tested positive for amphetamines (weight loss) and since I had no prescription for them, it was a violation of my organizations drug policy. I also tested positive for cocaine which I have never even been in the presence of. I was suspended for 3 days and did the hair follicle test during that time to confirm the findings. THAT test came back negative for all the substances so I was able to return to work. Of course I was humiliated by the whole situation. My point is that we have no ideas what the standards are in the manufacturing plants of these Rx. I suspected perhaps there was some cross-contamination, plus it could have been a faulty urine drug test. I just know that buying drugs on a cruise was a bad decision for me. Maybe I will change my mind when I retire (just a few years away) and living on a fixed income???

• 3 weeks later...
Just an FYI - I purchased weight loss and blood pressure meds for several years while on cruises. Most often it was in Belize, but I also bought in Cozumel several times. I was not as familiar with Cozumel pharmacies and had a hard time locating them on my own. When I asked our bartender on the cruise how to find the meds I was looking for, he told me any taxi driver in Cozumel can recommend where he could take us. THat in itself is risky I know, but the bigger consequence was to come several months later when I was randomly drug tested at work. Of course I tested positive for amphetamines (weight loss) and since I had no prescription for them, it was a violation of my organizations drug policy. I also tested positive for cocaine which I have never even been in the presence of. I was suspended for 3 days and did the hair follicle test during that time to confirm the findings. THAT test came back negative for all the substances so I was able to return to work. Of course I was humiliated by the whole situation. My point is that we have no ideas what the standards are in the manufacturing plants of these Rx. I suspected perhaps there was some cross-contamination, plus it could have been a faulty urine drug test. I just know that buying drugs on a cruise was a bad decision for me. Maybe I will change my mind when I retire (just a few years away) and living on a fixed income???

WOW

Thanks for sharing.

On a similar note, if you would travel to a state that has legalized marijuana, make sure you check with your work companies policies on recreational use.

Many companies in our state which does not have legalized marijuana still do not permit its use (this is clearly stated in the handbooks).

Just saying.

Oh FYI I do not smoke or do this stuff by choice I cannot in my profession.

Safe travels.

I see a lot of questions about is something available but does anyone have a list of what you can purchase without a script and the best pharmacy close to the port (we're on Princess) to buy if we want?

Having been buying pharmaceuticals abroad can seem to save you a lot of money, beware of very authentic-looking, right down to the holographic seal on the box, counterfeit drugs. Most studies of drugs reimported to the States to save money have shown that you are lucky if the active ingredient(s) are even detectable, and the strength can range from much lower to several times higher than the recommended dose. If you really want to bring back a sufficient quantity of exported drugs to save money, my suggestion is to work with a trusted merchant or advisor who has their business in the Central business district. They should know which are the better stores, how to detect imitations vs. the real product at a price that is reasonable, or if the real drug isn't even available in that port.

And even though you can buy many prescription drugs without a prescription in Mexico, etc., that doesn't mean that they won't be confiscated at US customs Jon your return. According to most international trade agreements, the special pricing of non-generic drugs given to developing countries are barred from reimortation to the US and customs officials are often on the lookout for these items. Finally, the prices for any Pharms are usually much lower in the Central marketplace compared to the stores/malls catering to tourists located close to the port or resort areas. The Doctor

• 4 weeks later...
While in Cozumel they were out of latisse, so I am looking for somewhere online to purchase this. Anyone know a reliable site to purchase this without a prescription? Th aks

Oh dear! Putting something questionable that close to your eyes seems risky.

While in Cozumel they were out of latisse, so I am looking for somewhere online to purchase this. Anyone know a reliable site to purchase this without a prescription? Th aks

Try the site longlashesonline.com

I have purchased legit Latisse from there for years. It's much Cheaper than a dr office.

They participate in the pharmaceutical Brilliant Distinctions program so I feel confident I am getting authentic products. I also have the longer lashes to show for it too. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums