Labadee - Neelie's Beach - which cabana would you get?

cman67

I've reserved 3 cabanas on Nellie's beach for our upcoming trip. Two over the water and one on the beach.

There is a group in our trip that are over 70 so I got them the one on the beach. The rest of us are in our 20's and 40's and will use the over the water ones. Probably # 2,3 or 4 below.

It looks like the closest beach cabana is #10 on the other side of the beach. Is this correct? Is their a beach cabana closer to 2,3,4? Or are all 10 of these considered over the water and there's more I don't know about.

Thanks!

a9dab5859517122d02e82455403a4b08.jpg

IMG_1122.JPG

We had #5 and LOVED it!!! #10 is a handicap accessible, and can be hard to get. If I had a group I would try for 10, 9 and 8 so you will be near each other. The tide can be higher or lower than the photo shows. I would recommend water shoes!

I don't care for 1 & 2 because they face the beach rather than the bay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jes Scott

We had #4 and absolutely loved it.

But, in answer to your question, the beach cabanas are not in your two pictures (well, one kind of is if you look all the way to the left of cababa 10, you can kind of see one tucked near the trees). All pictured/numbered are considered over-the-water. The beach cabanas are actually set back on the beach - even behind the lounge chairs.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

Doesn't actually answer your question, but the only one we've had is #4. We loved it too. It shares the stairs to the water with #3, but it's pretty isolated. The only "odd" thing we had was a couple of times someone would walk up, the entrance was on the side away from other cabanas, and would stand on our platform and take pictures. We'd be lying inside relaxing, and they'd just look at us, take their pictures and leave. Seemed a bit "weird" to me. But it's a great location.

One other comment. It's harder to get out of the water than some of the others. If you look at the picture, you'll see at the bottom of the stairs to the water is a ladder. You have to climb up the ladder to get out. I was recovering from some shoulder surgery and my shoulder was a little weak so it was slightly difficult. Might keep that in mind on #4 or #3. I think for #1 you walk to the sand and into the water.

Edited by papaflamingo

As a followup to my post from last night, when I was half asleep, over-the-water cabanas number 9 & 10 (or any of the ones on that side) are going to be a closer walk to the beach cabanas. Over the water Cabanas 1-4 have some old ruins on the beach side of number 1 - so no beach cabanas are located on that side of Nellies.

Dan.

I've reserved 3 cabanas on Nellie's beach for our upcoming trip. Two over the water and one on the beach.

There is a group in our trip that are over 70 so I got them the one on the beach. The rest of us are in our 20's and 40's and will use the over the water ones. Probably # 2,3 or 4 below.

It looks like the closest beach cabana is #10 on the other side of the beach. Is this correct? Is their a beach cabana closer to 2,3,4? Or are all 10 of these considered over the water and there's more I don't know about.

Thanks!

a9dab5859517122d02e82455403a4b08.jpg

Here is #3 inside.

cabanaotw3.jpg

And the view looking away from Nellies toward the ship.

cabanaview.jpg

I had #3 which should be good for you guys. If your older friends want to come visit you, they can still walk up the back way and visit, the ladder coming out of the water uses small round bars on the ladder which made it a little difficult for me at 57 and recent back surgery with reduced feeling in my feet.

Edited by BillOh

We have had #4 on two cruises it has an excellent view no neighbors on 1 side but if anyone has walking issues it is higher up. We love the Cabanas but not sure about the new pricing? Are they still $500 or have they gone down in price?

Edited by missemo12345

We have had #4 on two cruises it has an excellent view no neighbors on 1 side but if anyone has walking issues it is higher up. We love the Cabanas but not sure about the new pricing? Are they still $500 or have they gone down in price?

They are $495. Its a lot but its my honeymoon. Otherwise I wouldn't have considered it.

Did you pick it or was it automatically assigned??

We picked it on arrival to the Island! They meet you in an area and you can ask at that time if you have a favorite :)

So theoretically the earlier you go the more likely it is to get the one you want? I really want one that faces the ship.

Edited by atnolan94

Yes the earlier the better! We had 4 guest in our cabana we assigned one person to head out early to get first selections.

I may hop off the ship right when we arrive, then run back to grab the wife when she's ready. Thanks for your help, this is info I've never seen on CC!!

Cabana assignment is supposed to be prior to getting to Labadee. We booked online and then went to the desk when we boarded and asked about assignments. They showed a map and we choose #5 (we were one of only a few who had stopped at the desk at that time so we had good selection) my ticket showed my cabana number.

When we got to nellies some who didn't get cabana assignments and choose one that was already assigned had to move to what was available. I would have hated to have been moved around. If you want to know that you have the cabana that you want I strongly recommend that you get your assignment at the excursion desk!! That way you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cabana assignment is supposed to be prior to getting to Labadee. We booked online and then went to the desk when we boarded and asked about assignments. They showed a map and we choose #5 (we were one of only a few who had stopped at the desk at that time so we had good selection) my ticket showed my cabana number.

When we got to nellies some who didn't get cabana assignments and choose one that was already assigned had to move to what was available. I would have hated to have been moved around. If you want to know that you have the cabana that you want I strongly recommend that you get your assignment at the excursion desk!! That way you won't be disappointed.

I also went to guest service as we had a person who had heart surgery 4 months prior and we requested a certain cabana and they showed us which one and we said great. Got to island and we had #3 with ladder in water . But they said nothing they could do. So was a bit dissapointed for our friend .

Edited by coops
spelling

I don't think you can count on them moving people around. What if a family drops their stuff in the cabana then goes to the zipline? When they come back, all their stuff is moved? I would not be happy.:mad:

I also went to guest service as we had a person who had heart surgery 4 months prior and we requested a certain cabana and they showed us which one and we said great. Got to island and we had #3 with ladder in water . But they said nothing they could do. So was a bit dissapointed for our friend .

With number 3, not everybody has to use the ladder between 3 and 4 to get in the water, you can walk past #1 and 2, without being intrusive and walk into the water from the beachfront area by #1.

So theoretically the earlier you go the more likely it is to get the one you want? I really want one that faces the ship.

From my questionable memory 5,6, and maybe 7 can see the ship. I was in #3 and while closer, you can't see around the corner.

With number 3, not everybody has to use the ladder between 3 and 4 to get in the water, you can walk past #1 and 2, without being intrusive and walk into the water from the beachfront area by #1.

Oh I know but it would have be better to have the ones that walk right into the water as we were shown that one instead of getting the one we got.