Mobile Passport, Pt Everglades now available.

oneputt18

Port Everglades issued that release. Not Royal Caribbean. All it says is they are working with Customs and Royal Caribbean. You are reading more into it than there is about Royals involvement. All they need Royal to do is tell passengers on ships debarking at Port Everglades about the Mobile Passport App. And what devices it works on. Royal's call centers don't need to have info about it although it would be nice if they did. Also since only Apple phones and tablets can currently use the app at Port Everglades, other devices can't there could be a lot of confusion if the call centers tried to answer questions about it. Their call centers have enough problems giving out correct info as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we disembarked from the Harmony TA on Nov 5th there was an announcement in the waiting lounges that the ship had just been informed about the program and that it was available to Apple users only. They gave instructions as to how to download it over the intercom. Since there was no prior mention of the program in any of the flyers given out regarding disembarkment the day before or mentioned at any other time I do not doubt that they did not know about the program in advance. We are Android users, so we could not use it. While DH has it already on his phone for airports there was no barcode available.

Port Everglades issued that release. Not Royal Caribbean. All it says is they are working with Customs and Royal Caribbean. You are reading more into it than there is about Royals involvement. All they need Royal to do is tell passengers on ships debarking at Port Everglades about the Mobile Passport App. And what devices it works on. Royal's call centers don't need to have info about it although it would be nice if they did. Also since only Apple phones and tablets can currently use the app at Port Everglades, other devices can't there could be a lot of confusion if the call centers tried to answer questions about it. Their call centers have enough problems giving out correct info as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is Port Everglades project. It's available for all cruiselines and in all terminals in Port Everglades

I called Crown and Anchor today about this program. They knew nothing about it. They transferred me to customer service, who then talked with a customs supervisor is also knew nothing about the program.

How can it be that Royal's own people have no idea about a program they have been in pilot with since the middle of 2016 (according to the Port Authority web site)?

Mobile Passport started on November 4th....it will take some time for everyone to know about it.

It is a Port Everglades project. Available in every terminal in Port Everglades

I would guess it won't be long before it works on the Android version of the app. We get stuff first on Apple devices because iOS is not fragmented. On Android there are many manufacturers and also many phones never get updated to the latest Android versions. So updates have to be tested for a longer time for compatibility. Since they already have the app on Android it's likely only a matter of weeks, maybe even only days, before an update is available adding Port Everglades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mobile Passport for Android due out first week in December

So I leave Sunday on the Regal Princess. I have global entry which I have used before there. Do I also enter my info into the mobile passport app for the port?

I know MIA has had the mobile passport for a while but as I have global entry and they have the kiosks, I have never bothered to use it.

Used this today at terminal 18. Did this during self debarked and the line was longer than the normal lines. There was 1 agent doing mobile passport. The line moved ok but it really depends on the people using it and their phone. I saw a family a few in front of us who didn't look like they knew how to use their own phone and the agent wasn't going to help.

Maybe it's more of a use later in the morning when the normal lines are long but there was no benefit of it to us this morning (early we left about 645)

We used Mobile Passport in Terminal 29 yesterday. My parents got in the regular line and we got in the mobile passport line. Both lines had the same amount of people in them. My parents were done about 5 minutes before me.

There was only one Mobile Passport person and it took forever to scan each person from my phone. After scanning you had to wait 15-20 seconds for the system to process the person, then you moved on to the next person. In addition, you still needed to show your passports to the agent.

I'm not sure how this would save time at all. My parents gave the agent their passport and customs form and he glanced at both and they were on their way. They both passed through in the time it took them to just process me.

Royal Caribbean was pushing the App hard. They had announcements and even a flyer in the room one night. They boasted it would be faster. Nope!

Unless the Mobile Passport line is much, MUCH shorter, take the normal line.

We used Mobile Passport in Terminal 29 yesterday. My parents got in the regular line and we got in the mobile passport line. Both lines had the same amount of people in them. My parents were done about 5 minutes before me.

There was only one Mobile Passport person and it took forever to scan each person from my phone. After scanning you had to wait 15-20 seconds for the system to process the person, then you moved on to the next person. In addition, you still needed to show your passports to the agent.

I'm not sure how this would save time at all. My parents gave the agent their passport and customs form and he glanced at both and they were on their way. They both passed through in the time it took them to just process me.

Royal Caribbean was pushing the App hard. They had announcements and even a flyer in the room one night. They boasted it would be faster. Nope!

Unless the Mobile Passport line is much, MUCH shorter, take the normal line.

That's is pretty much what I figured. As more passengers use Mobile Passport it isn't going to be any faster. You still have to see the agent. And have the digital form or the paper form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
Does Global Entry still have a separate line?

Yes, there was one at Terminal 18 a few weeks ago after our Harmony cruise. There are several signs for it and your line is at the far end of the terminal. The Global Entry line joined the regular line at the front so it saved quite a bit of time. I also had the Mobile Passport app scan ready to go but that line was very long when I was in the terminal so we went with the Global Entry line instead.

Just debarked at Terminal 18 (Pt Everglades). Mobile Passport users had a separate line and there was a 10 minute wait. The regular line was an hour long. Global Entry went to front of line and there was no wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Opted to not use the mobile passport and made a wise choice. Got through the regular line much quicker than mobile passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did use the Mobile Passport coming off the Silhouette this morning and the line was much shorter, but surprise, the Mobile Passport system was not working and the Custom's Agent just wanted the old standard Custom's Card and passports. Luckily, I had everything handy, and completed, so it was quick. Be prepared for either........

Used it this morning at terminal 25. No wait and walked right out after scanning the QR code in the app.

You were quite lucky as on the 20th when I debarked in terminal 2 it was not working. I would advise anyone to still complete the standard paperwork as a backup as the app appears to be working sporadically

You were quite lucky as on the 20th when I debarked in terminal 2 it was not working. I would advise anyone to still complete the standard paperwork as a backup as the app appears to be working sporadically

Sounds like you were provided bad information. The APP has been running 100% since launch.

Sounds like you were provided bad information. The APP has been running 100% since launch.

Not true, there were others in line with me and it did not work for any of us. As we approached the customs agents and asked about mobile passport we were told it was unavailable at that time. Thus it has not been running 100%. Personal experience generally provides the best information.

Just because the APP is working does not have anything to do with the system in the Port working. As I explained below, our APP (brand new Android no less) did us no good since the system in the Port was out. Funny, they still had separate lines for Mobile Passport although the first thing that we were told as we entered the very short line was that the system was down. I was glad that I had already filled out the old Customs Form and had our passports handy so it did not take any time to do it the old fashion way.

• 10 months later...

We just went through with Mobile Passport in Port Everglades at Pier 29 (Freedom docked there). Shorter line. No problems.

Global Entry had a separate line. We have friends who used that and they were through quickly.. We had luggage tags 22 and they had luggage tags 21.