Where is MicCanberra ?

NSWP

He will be on Golden 11Nov , and he posted the following on the Roll Call

Not long to go now. we are away for a couple of weeks in Cambodia and Vietnam prior to the cruise, so will need to pack this weekend.

Brisbane41, better start chilling that Dom.

He will be on Golden 11Nov , and he posted the following on the Roll Call

Thanks David. So Mic cruises out of Sydney on Golden Princess 11 Nov, same day as we fly out for LAX, pre cruise.

Now I wonder if Mrs and Mrs will leave any adult beverages on board for Uncle Mic? They disembark Golden on Friday then. Holy moly, they will be on the puter on the weekend.

Edited by NSWP

Thanks David. So Mic cruises out of Sydney on Golden Princess 11 Nov, same day as we fly out for LAX, pre cruise.

Now I wonder if Mrs and Mrs will leave any adult beverages on board for Uncle Mic? They disembark Golden on Friday then. Holy moly, they will be on the puter on the weekend.

But you'll be away only those without cruises will have the "privilege" of their company.

But you'll be away only those without cruises will have the "privilege" of their company.

I will have the i pad Mr Gut, plus free wi fi at the Hilton, Huntington Beach precruise and our 500 combined Elite minutes on Princess !!

Edited by NSWP

I will have the i pad Mr Gut, plus free wi fi at the Hilton, Huntington Beach precruise and our 500 combined Elite minutes on Princess !!

500 minutes should get you what about 4 or 5 posts by the time you get through reading the threads ;) How many weeks has Mrs&Mrs been bottled up now?

Edited by Womble99

I think it's nice how some get concerned when a regular goes missing for a while.

So lovely that you all are missing him. They are having a lovely time in Vietnam and Cambodia. They have been putting heaps of photos on Facebook. I love cruise critic best way to make friends before cruising and helps newbies like me learn sooooo much :)

So lovely that you all are missing him. They are having a lovely time in Vietnam and Cambodia. They have been putting heaps of photos on Facebook. I love cruise critic best way to make friends before cruising and helps newbies like me learn sooooo much :)

Thank you, we are caring people on here, (mostly.)

500 minutes should get you what about 4 or 5 posts by the time you get through reading the threads ;) How many weeks has Mrs&Mrs been bottled up now?

Haha, so true. It's surprising how quickly those minutes tick away while you're waiting...waiting....waiting... for that mail to download. :cool::D

Could have been him we waved at as we got off the Golden this morning,but it was an odd wave we got back.:eek:

Just one finger??:eek:

Good to see you back, hope it was a good trip.

Edited by GUT2407

Suffice to say this was the bizzarest and strangest cruise we have been on.

Was a good time had by us and others.

Meet some great people, esp Americans and Canadians and English, and people from all walks of life.

I don't know where to start ,without offending anyone, but so many down in the mouth, humourless, phobic, unfriendly, did-respectful, judgemental, careless, rude, aggressive, people it was bordering on the ridiculous.

In fact some were so rude they need to be offended.

The cruise was on the back-foot from the get-go.

Princesses fault, not entirely.

We had a blast as did many others.

Our issue and outcome with princess was handled professionally and with grace and curtesy.

But a bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.:):)

Traci-Lee and Linda

Edited by mrs and mrs

S

I don't know where to start ,without offending anyone, but so many down in the mouth, humourless, phobic, unfriendly, did-respectful, judgemental, careless, rude, aggressive, people it was bordering on the ridiculous.

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

Apart from those people, did you enjoy the itinerary and the ship?

Suffice to say this was the bizzarest and strangest cruise we have been on.

Was a good time had by us and others.

Meet some great people, esp Americans and Canadians and English, and people from all walks of life.

Princesses fault, not entirely.

We had a blast as did many others.

Our issue and outcome with princess was handled professionally and with grace and curtesy.

But a bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.:):)

Traci-Lee and Linda

I didn't know "three names" was on that cruise :eek:

Julie, i think the main problem was that most people after spending 3 to 7 days in Beijing, then being port intensive for the first 11 days, and being on buses for upwards of 3/4 hours a day, they were just shell-shocked.

Did we enjoy our time onboard , yes, Were there problems yes.

Ill leave it at that, we learnt a heck of a lot about.

(a) port intensive cruises.

(b) ourselves

© how to deal with problems as they arise

(d) That there are many great people out there, watching and quietly observing who come up at the end and thank-you and express regret about the actions of others. But why, oh why at the end and not half-way through.

LOL, right-on.

Embarkation.

Quite a circus, but ok considering that some didn't arrive until half an hour from sail-away.

Lost buses of people driving around the container port ,instead of the cruise port.

Ship.

Odd, took some getting used to, not a deal-breaker.

Tours.

Long, queues, waiting, travel times, lots of walking, waiting, in sweltering heat.

Food

M.D.R

Great if you like having 3 to 4 courses stuffed into you over half an hour.

Quality as the boss sad, not bad, medium.(what ever that means)

Buffet

At times fantastic, at times ordinary.

If you like under-cooked red meat that is still mooing this is for you

If I see another breaded prawn again ill scream, or any sort of prawn.

Curries awesome.

Rock hard eggs, english bacon only once and the rest was good old deep-fried American bacon.

Heaps of butter and rolls, mdr and buffet

Pastas that were screaming for a sauce.

The Tasmanian Barramundi was interesting.(sorry from where)

All in all wasn't to hard to find something.

International Café.

What a great concept, sure takes the pressure off room service.

Watch for Diabetes Australia to set up a booth, as people gorge themselves on iced doughnuts and cakes.

Coffee gets its own section, further down

Crew.

This must surely have been a training exercise for the AUS summer.

All friendly, BUT,

Ship

In need of some maintenance, but not a deal-breaker.

Carpet being replaced through-out.

Main pool down for 4 days at hottest part of voyage.

Sanctuary, no-one ever there.

Sky-walkers, you'll need a packed lunch, just to find it and get there.

At night, Skywalkers is loud and dark, take a torch and a ship guide, will be helpful at 2 am

Pool Towels plentiful, new and fluffy.

Lounger hogs, everywhere, aggressive, possessive, you need to be up early, to beat these fanatics.

Lift rushers, would put a giants line backer to shame.

Queue jumpers, masters at their craft, adept, no-shame and will up anyone for the rent who object.

Entertainment.

Ok if you have nothing else to do, or like listening to the same sets day after day.

A good sail-away one night, dancers and crew were awesome.

If tired head to the Sleep-house bar were a crew member will surely direct you to your cabin at one in the morning.

Ordinary shows, Knitters and Knatters was looking good.

Vines Bar.

Our fav place, grab a wine and the tapas and sushi are awesome.

COFFEE.

So bad ,so, very, very bad, even the coffee syrup in the buffet was the winner.

Oh did I mention that the coffee was bad.

Cabin

Inside was awesome, smallish shower, but very good with heaps of hanging space.

Fixed vs Anytime.

Huh seemed no difference, we had fixed, which we changed the time, which appeared to be anytime, which was actually fixed at a anytime time, which everyone seemed clueless to what we actually had.

Never saw anyone waiting after 7.00pm,in fact the dining rooms were about half full.

Formals, nice to see 99.9 % dressed to code.

Suggestion ,just do anytime, grab a drink at vines and stroll through at the buzzer time, to which we never saw a buzzer handed out.

El Capataino

Very good and informative with midday announcements.

Hotel manager

always around, pretty cool actually, Cheers Francesco, or how ever you spell it.

Smokers vs non-smokers.

Hilarious at times ,until one woman smoker was assaulted in her area for smoking.

In summary

2 medical evacuations at sea(1 chopper,1 police launch)

About 6 evacuated in port

Several evicted for fighting.(rumoured to be a pensioner fight)

Fisticuffs over undies I guess

Lots of ambulances in ports.

Heard of one passenger throwing omelettes at the chef in buffet, screaming that they were not good enough.

The Beijing bark was every-where, affecting lots and lots of people.

Fairly understandably when you visit some of the most polluted cities in the world.

Almost everyone coughing and being ill for a couple to three days, only to half recover and have it return.

No NORO every-one very good at hand sanitising in food areas.

This wont go down as our best cruise, but was enjoyable.

Just lots of shell-shocked, sad, people.

Will post alcohol prices as soon as we find camera.

Edited by mrs and mrs

COFFEE.

So bad ,so, very, very bad, even the coffee syrup in the buffet was the winner.

Oh did I mention that the coffee was bad.

Didn't we warn you that the brewed coffee was bad? Did you try the espresso (extra cost)? It wasn't too bad on our cruise.

Several evicted for fighting.(rumoured to be a pensioner fight)

Fisticuffs over undies I guess

Lots of ambulances in ports.

Heard of one passenger throwing omelettes at the chef in buffet, screaming that they were not good enough.

:eek::eek::eek:

The Beijing bark was every-where, affecting lots and lots of people.

Fairly understandably when you visit some of the most polluted cities in the world.

Almost everyone coughing and being ill for a couple to three days, only to half recover and have it return.

It's not just Beijing, I copped a nasty cough from Bali and I didn't even go ashore - but we stayed out on deck all day and there was more pollution in the bay than I realised.