Single Supplement computation

titong

I notice that Oceania Cruises has some cruises that have a single supplement. I tried to find those online and could not find them. I called Oceania yesterday and the agent told me that you have to go to Oceania's home page to find the single supplement and then click it and it will bring up all the Oceania Cruises with the single supplements. I did so and up came a bunch of Oceania Cruises with single supplements. I saw several that I was interested in, but NOWHERE did it tell me what the single supplement is. I called Oceania back and talked to a different agent yesterday, and he stated that they are not shown online and you have to call us. Is he correct?

He also stated the single supplement for the cruise that I am interested is 50 percent. My next question is this: If I want to compute the single supplement and it is 50 percent. If it states the the rate per person double occupancy is 2900 dollars per person. For one person in that room what would the cost be for one person, and how would I compute it?

Edited by titong

I notice that Oceania Cruises has some cruises that have a single supplement. I tried to find those online and could not find them. I called Oceania yesterday and the agent told me that you have to go to Oceania's home page to find the single supplement and then click it and it will bring up all the Oceania Cruises with the single supplements. I did so and up came a bunch of Oceania Cruises with single supplements. I saw several that I was interested in, but NOWHERE did it tell me what the single supplement is. I called Oceania back and talked to a different agent yesterday, and he stated that they are not shown online and you have to call us. Is he correct?

He also stated the single supplement for the cruise that I am interested is 50 percent. My next question is this: If I want to compute the single supplement and it is 50 percent. If it states the the rate per person double occupancy is 2900 dollars per person. For one person in that room what would the cost be for one person, and how would I compute it?

Multiply the $2900 by 1.5. The cost is $4350

I called Oceania yesterday and the agent told me that you have to go to Oceania's home page to find the single supplement and then click it and it will bring up all the Oceania Cruises with the single supplements.

Yes look under the OFFERS tab

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/single-supplement/

I did so and up came a bunch of Oceania Cruises with single supplements. I saw several that I was interested in, but NOWHERE did it tell me what the single supplement is

When I clicked on the cruise then click on see all offers

it came up with under ss

"Reserve your accommodations with a specially reduced single supplement of 25% for select suite categories. "

Another cruise came up

"Reserve your accommodations with a specially reduced single supplement of 50% for select suite categories. "

It may be $4200 or less depending on the air credit

total price would be less 1 included airfare

So to get a true cost you are probably better to contact Oceania or your TA

Thank you. ORV and LHT. Also, is it possible to find the single supplement percent on the Oceania website? For example, if the single supplement is 25 per cent or 50 percent or whatever. It doesn't right that we would have to call Oceania to find out what the percent is, does it? I notice that Crystal states on their website what the single supplement is for each of their cruises.

Thank you. ORV and LHT. Also, is it possible to find the single supplement percent on the Oceania website? For example, if the single supplement is 25 per cent or 50 percent or whatever. It doesn't right that we would have to call Oceania to find out what the percent is, does it? I notice that Crystal states on their website what the single supplement is for each of their cruises.

Do you mean a dollar value ??

I suppose you could go through the booking process up to the payment stage ...not really sure if that would work

Do you mean a dollar value ??

I suppose you could go through the booking process up to the payment stage ...not really sure if that would work

Thank you LHT. I meant percent not dollar amount. Like is the single supplement percent for a particular cruise twenty percent or fifty percent. It only states on the Oceania website that there is a single supplement. It does not state what that single supplement percent is for that cruise or any cruise for that matter. Hope this clarifies my question.

Edited by titong

Thank you LHT. I meant percent not dollar amount. Like is the single supplement percent for a particular cruise twenty percent or fifty percent. It only states on the Oceania website that there is a single supplement. It does not state what that single supplement percent is for that cruise or any cruise for that matter. Hope this clarifies my question.

as I said above

clicked on the cruise then click on see all offers

Find the cruise you are interested in then under the banner that says

"Ask about cruise only pricing "

you will see a link "view all offers'

in the panel for the SS it has the percentage 25% or 50%

EG

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Caribbean-cruises/miami-to-miami-RVA161215/special-offers/?sr=%2fspecial-offers%2fsingle-supplement%2f

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Mediterranean-cruises/venice-to-barcelona-RVA161109/special-offers/

Edited by LHT28

SS does not appear on the website..

Jancruz1

as I said above

clicked on the cruise then click on see all offers

Find the cruise you are interested in then under the banner that says

"Ask about cruise only pricing "

you will see a link "view all offers'

in the panel for the SS it has the percentage 25% or 50%

EG

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Caribbean-cruises/miami-to-miami-RVA161215/special-offers/?sr=%2fspecial-offers%2fsingle-supplement%2f

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Mediterranean-cruises/venice-to-barcelona-RVA161109/special-offers/

LHT, I clicked on both the links that you posted. I found no panels or anything else that said "SS" or single supplement percent or percentage.

Edited by titong

SS does not appear on the website..

Jancruz1

Jancruz, thank you. It looks to me like you are correct. If you want to know the single supplement percent, one has to call Oceania cruises. I wonder why it is not on the Oceania website?

LHT, I clicked on both the links that you posted. I found no panels or anything else that said "SS" or single supplement percent or percentage.

Sorry do not know what to say as I can see the box with a lady in red & the info under the photo

Single Supplement

Reserve your accommodations with a specially reduced single supplement of 50% for select suite categories.

ASK ABOUT CRUISE-ONLY PRICING

2nd link

Single Supplement

Reserve your accommodations with a specially reduced single supplement of 25% for select suite categories.

ASK ABOUT CRUISE-ONLY PRICING

bolding is mine ...maybe only Canadians can see it ;)

Edited by LHT28

It's there, you just have to click on a few links and jump through a few hoops for each cruise.

The information I can't find is which "Select Suites" the single supplement applies to on each cruise.

Edited by ORV

The "big" Oceania brochures with the perfect binding state in the General Information/Terms & Conditions section that "There will be a charge for single occupancy of 200% of the double occupancy suite or stateroom fare."

This, obviously, can change depending on the particular cruise at Oceania's discrection.

I tried that site and went through the links. It still did not show the single supplement percent.

I emailed Mike Moore about this on August 6th because the Singles Offers used to say what the price would be.

His response was

It does appear that the website isn't properly calculating he single supplement rate. I'll advise the team, but I'm not sure how quickly the issue will be resolved, so unfortunately you'll have to contact our call center or your travel agent for quotes.

I emailed him again a month later and he said they were still working on it

The "big" Oceania brochures with the perfect binding state in the General Information/Terms & Conditions section that "There will be a charge for single occupancy of 200% of the double occupancy suite or stateroom fare."

This, obviously, can change depending on the particular cruise at Oceania's discrection.

On the O website they have some special offers for single supplement with pricing from 10 -50% deals

my link comes up with 41 cruises with special discounts

On the O website they have some special offers for single supplement with pricing from 10 -50% deals

my link comes up with 41 cruises with special discounts

The single supplement still does not come up on mine. Which browser are you using?

I emailed Mike Moore about this on August 6th because the Singles Offers used to say what the price would be.

His response was

It does appear that the website isn't properly calculating he single supplement rate. I'll advise the team, but I'm not sure how quickly the issue will be resolved, so unfortunately you'll have to contact our call center or your travel agent for quotes.

I emailed him again a month later and he said they were still working on it

Thank you, but the problem is that it does not even show the single rate much less compute it.

Thank you, but the problem is that it does not even show the single rate much less compute it.

I know. It used to work just fine so I don't know why it is taking so long to fix. I was going to give it a month but why don't you email mmoore@oceaniaregent.com.

Maybe if enough people bring the problem to his attention , they might fix it sooner.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I know. It used to work just fine so I don't know why it is taking so long to fix. I was going to give it a month but why don't you email mmoore@oceaniaregent.com.

Maybe if enough people bring the problem to his attention , they might fix it sooner.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I will e mail Mike Moore as you suggest.

The single supplement still does not come up on mine. Which browser are you using?

I am using firefox but I think the other problem is the site knows I am in Canada so my link may not show the same info as yours

I clicked on the link from Paul & it showed 0 cruises with ss yet when I look at the offers on O it says 41 cruises with SS

Very annoying

sorry I caused you more frustration

I am using firefox but I think the other problem is the site knows I am in Canada so my link may not show the same info as yours

I clicked on the link from Paul & it showed 0 cruises with ss yet when I look at the offers on O it says 41 cruises with SS

Very annoying

sorry I caused you more frustration

I dont know about the Canada site but the US does show that 41 cruises have SS but not what percentage is on what cruise..

Jancruz1