Embarkation Day - private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

Florida Lady

I am wondering If the Captain's Club Elite benefit is the same as Concierge Class amenity.

or are their two separate lounges at the pier?

Elite Amenity:A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast.

Port of Miami departure

Please describe the continental breakfast items served in the lounge

I am wondering If the Captain's Club Elite benefit is the same as Concierge Class amenity.

or are their two separate lounges at the pier?

Elite Amenity:A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast.

Port of Miami departure

Please describe the continental breakfast items served in the lounge

They are separate but equal! As I recall both have coffee, juice, fresh fruit, and pastries. I didn't really pay attention since we had a full breakfast in the café earlier, then went to departure lounge not hungry!

I'm a little confused by your thread title, since Embarkation means getting ON the ship. The private departure lounges that offer the continental breakfast are for the day the cruise Ends. Both Elite and Concierge Class have priority boarding, but no breakfast is involved in that. Concierge class has an exclusive luncheon in the MDR the day of Embarkation as an amenity ONLY for Concierge Class. Hope that clarified things.

Lounges at the pier? That would be on embarkation day. Is that what you are asking about? Generally the only lounges found in the pier terminals are for suites, not Elite or Concierge class. And not all terminals have even those

But don't confuse that with the private departure lounges offered on disembarkation day. There is a departure meeting point for Elite, and one for concierge class. Usually they are in the specialty restaurant spaces, with tea, coffee, juice and pastries offered.

It think the OP is confused.

Embarkation day did have various lines depenidng on your cabin category and elite and above Captain Club status. No where was ther a lounge, just easy check in and then onto the ship. But this was in Barcelona.

The departure lounge for CC was the MDR when we were on the Constellation in July we had breakfast earlu in the MDR, anyone could do that.Went back to cabin got our carry off bags and went back to MDR. They had juice, coffee, rolls set up outside the MDR door. We grab another coffee and sat by a window in MDR, watching them load new supplies. We left the ship at at 9:30am to find our private guide for the day in Barcelona before being dropped off at our hotel.

Edited by Azulann

I also hope that "Florida Lady" clarifies her question.

But if she is asking about the continental breakfast served on the various disembarkation lounges I've observed simple pastries, coffee and tea available. Occasionally juices have been offered. A very basic offering. And given that the staff is incredibly busy on disembarkation day the pastries and beverages may or may not be replenished.

• 8 months later...

First, yes Celebrity does have ships that depart from Port of Miami as well as Ft. Lauderdale.

The items in the Concierge Class private departure lounge were coffee, tea, juices, pastries, fruit. On Eclipse this past December disembarking in Miami it was held in Qsine. I don't remember if Elite was in the same or a different place.

I have a related question.

If we are doing walk off at end of the cruise and are Elite, do we have to line up on the huge snaking line, or can we wait with the Elites and get priority walk off

We have always waited on the line, and on our last cruise ( infinity/FLL) we saw Suite walk off guests go off ahead having waited in a seated area. We are hoping this priority might be given to E and E+.... would save alot of standing on the big line!

Everyone walking off had to use elevators & not the stairs for safety concerns so it was a fairly slow process,,.Hoping to make a 1 pm flight at LAX from San Pedro.,..not a very efficient port from what we recall.

Only suite guests wait in a seated area. If you are doing self disembark, you will wait in the long line. You can take turns pooping out of line to run to the Elite disembarkstion lou ge for a pastry, but thats the best you can expect to be able to do.