Ecstasy Dry Dock

drafterdw

The Ecstasy is going in for dry dock from 1/10/17 - 1/24/17. Details are unknown yet, but she already has RedFrog Rum Bar and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. I would assume she would be getting Guys & Blue Iguana Cantina was well as Alchemy Bar and Cherry on Top since the last 2 Fantasy class ships to go into dry dock got all of these enhancements.

The Ecstasy is going in for dry dock from 1/10/17 - 1/24/17. Details are unknown yet, but she already has RedFrog Rum Bar and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. I would assume she would be getting Guys & Blue Iguana Cantina was well as Alchemy Bar and Cherry on Top since the last 2 Fantasy class ships to go into dry dock got all of these enhancements.

happy already has Red Frog....husband likes Guys but I can skip.

Fantasy did not get Alchemy Bar when they added the others listed in the drydock.... :(

• 1 month later...

Saw last post on this was Nov 2016.... any updates on the drydock & what the Ecstasy will be getting?

Also hoping they revamp the cabins a bit, as a saw the cabins were kind of getting old (worn curtains etc), is that happening?

I found these details... not sure how true they are, but since I am on the third cruise after Dry Dock, fingers crossed!

The Carnival Ecstasy will be sent to dry-dock 1/10/17 - 1/24/17, according to GoCCL. The ship is currently scheduled to receive Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Cherry On Top, Alchemy Bar, and crew area renovations, according to GoCCL.

I found these details... not sure how true they are, but since I am on the third cruise after Dry Dock, fingers crossed!

The Carnival Ecstasy will be sent to dry-dock 1/10/17 - 1/24/17, according to GoCCL. The ship is currently scheduled to receive Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Cherry On Top, Alchemy Bar, and crew area renovations, according to GoCCL.

Sad that they are doing 'crew area renovations' but none to passenger cabins? Most reviews I have read on this ship talk about the cabins having worn & old look (with dirty, ripped or just old curtains/carpet etc).

Replaced carpet, tile work, lighting, etc., in guest public areas is a given on basically any dry dock maintenance trip.

There is no mention of cabin renovations, so most likely all public cabins will get will be new carpet, curtains, etc., to replace worn or broken pieces. No new big TVs or anything like that.

Who knows, there may be some surprises in the dry dock. But I wouldn't count on anything other than what's been specifically announced.

• 2 weeks later...

Guy's Burgers yes, but I'm also looking forward to the Alchemy bar. My wife loves Mexican food so I'm sure she'll enjoy the Blue Iguana cantina as well.

Good to have a ship with these upgrades in Charleston.

Ooh, Guy's Burgers. I am embarrassed to admit that I ate there like four times on my last cruise. Never tried anything at the Blue Iguana.

Looks like I'll be on the second post-drydock cruise. That's give them one trip to work out the kinks.

DH and I will be boarding on the 25th, just after the dry dock. I have heard they may still be working on the freshening up while we are cruising. Looking forward to the new eating options, and seeing the ship in general. Our first time on the Ecstasy. We like smaller smaller ships, so hoping this will become a favorite.

Our first time cruising out of Charleston as well as first time with staggered check in. Also first time for once a day cabin cleaning. Lots of firsts for us, so hoping we will still like cruising. We'll see!

We are sailing 1/25 as well! Can't wait!!!! It will be my husband's first cruise! From reading the boards, I think you can still opt for twice a day cabin service. My daughter and I sailed on the Elation in November and twice a day cabin service was provided with no questions asked.

We are sailing 1/25 as well! Can't wait!!!! It will be my husband's first cruise! From reading the boards, I think you can still opt for twice a day cabin service. My daughter and I sailed on the Elation in November and twice a day cabin service was provided with no questions asked.

You should be able to ask for 2 cleanings, if the steward does not offer you this ask them... if they say no, go to Guest Services and ask them.

We have sailed several ships with the new system and always get both services.

DH and I will be boarding on the 25th, just after the dry dock. I have heard they may still be working on the freshening up while we are cruising. Looking forward to the new eating options, and seeing the ship in general. Our first time on the Ecstasy. We like smaller smaller ships, so hoping this will become a favorite.

Our first time cruising out of Charleston as well as first time with staggered check in. Also first time for once a day cabin cleaning. Lots of firsts for us, so hoping we will still like cruising. We'll see!

Please let us know your thoughts on the upgrades. We are on the 2/9 sailing.

Just booked the Ecstasy a few day ago and found a price reduction today ($50.00). Still have a very long wait for it, but the Magic is only 5 months away. Never had Guys Burgers so we will have to try it out on both ships.

Would love to see new deck plans.

Carnival will put up deck plans once the dry dock is over. You can imagine what it will look like though with this in mind (taken from goccl.com - Carnival's travel agent tool site):

Carnival Ecstasy dry dock: 1/10/17 - 1/24/17

In addition to routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the following will take place:

Guy’s Burger Joint (replace food service, Off the Grill and Rotisserie)

BlueIguana Cantina (replace food service, Mongolian Wok)

Alchemy Bar (replace Society Bar)

Cherry On Top (replace Special Occasions)

Crew area renovations

Please update us if you can on the changes and have a great trip!! I can't wait to see her in April Also if anyone knows the new show theme schedule I would like to know what the shows will be in April. Thanks in advance