Vista lunch at boarding

Pizza girl

Pizza Pirate is open 24 hrs. All the rest of the different varieties are open during embarkation day. If I may suggest one, try the Italian restaurant, as many don't know where it is and it is not very busy.

Edited by HawkIVette

All are open upon embarkation except the main dining room and the 555 Steakhouse.

Good to know, we will have lunch in the main dining restaurant upon boarding. It's nice to sit down and be served after a day traveling to the ship.

I think stargate fan is correct on this.

Edited by HawkIVette

Thanks for the clarification. We'll check when we are on board. Some folks give out bum dope on this site but there are more helpful people such as yourself. Thank you again.

Thanks for the clarification. We'll check when we are on board. Some folks give out bum dope on this site but there are more helpful people such as yourself. Thank you again.

We sailed Vista Transatlantic and can attest that the dining room was indeed closed for lunch upon embarkation. We toured the ship and took lots of pictures, including both dining rooms.

Good to know, we will have lunch in the main dining restaurant upon boarding. It's nice to sit down and be served after a day traveling to the ship.

As others have said, the dining room likely won't be open, but if the Italian lunch place is like the Dream/Breeze/Magic, they bring your food to you and serve you. And it's usually quiet. So that might fit your needs. (And, yes, free at lunch.)

The main dining room is NOT open at embarkation.

The Italian restaurant will be your best bet, table service and delicious food choices if you like pasta!

Sorry for not checking back earlier, but Yes Italian is free for lunch. $15 per person at night.

Vista also has a Ji Ji Asian Kitchen (port side next to Italian) I didnt get to try it but I think it might be free at lunch too. Kind of like Mongolian Wok, which is not on Vista.

Pizza Pirate is open 24 hrs. All the rest of the different varieties are open during embarkation day. If I may suggest one, try the Italian restaurant, as many don't know where it is and it is not very busy.

Does the Vista have Pizza pirate? i know its a pizza place but the two are not comparable at all.

Jimbo: 6 sea days and just 4 ports on a "brand" new ship over a holiday. I think you know it will be most enjoyable, thanks!

I do, can't wait to get back on her in April. She is a wonderful ship to enjoy on all those sea days. We were trying to do this cruise, but a family wedding got in the way. Let us all know your thoughts when you return.

Edited by jimbo5544

Does the Vista have Pizza pirate? i know its a pizza place but the two are not comparable at all.

Looks like Vista has Pizzeria Del Capitano like Magic does. I loved the pizza and Ive read several times is just like the Pizza Pirate but just a different name.

Vista also has a Ji Ji Asian Kitchen (port side next to Italian) I didnt get to try it but I think it might be free at lunch too. Kind of like Mongolian Wok, which is not on Vista.

JiJi Asian is indeed free during lunch hours. Carnival's website has a separate entry for JiJi's at lunch, and the photos are taken from the Mongolian Wok entries on other ships. However the process is different; it is sit-down service and you fill out a card as to what kind of Mongolian stir-fry you want. Less standing in line, but I like picking out my meat and veggies and watching them cook it. But...it's free, so I can't wait for next October. I'll be going to JiJi's as soon as we board. :)