Disadvantage to paying gratuities..

MotherofTrips

• 2 weeks later...
Prepaid works. My intention was to walk off the ship with a total of $0 charges. But low and behold, they had tees from the Mediterranean on sale for $5. Got me one and that was my final bill.

Awesome! This is my goal for my upcoming cruise.

I did prepay my gratuity and my thermal spa pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say a small disadvantage is that if you have refundable OBC from your TA that you don't end up using, you have to then wait/expect a check from Norwegian in the mail after the cruise .

Grats would normally burn through any obc on our rooms . I have heard that Norwegian supplied obc cannot be used for Grats, so it wouldn't make a difference there .

I prepaid for last month's cruise and nothing was on my bill except $5 for a Mediterranean t-shirt. My lowest walk off bill ever. :D

I wonder if the TV review is different than the printed bill. That is all we ever look at - the TV, and it is always there, followed by the deduction.

I wonder if the TV review is different than the printed bill. That is all we ever look at - the TV, and it is always there, followed by the deduction.

I don't think so. I always check the cabin TV several times during a cruise to make sure no issues are on my bill. I prefer to resolve a problem when it occurs instead of waiting til the last day. There were no additions and subtractions for tips on my TV.

Edited by IrieBajan54

I don't think so. I always check the cabin TV several times during a cruise to make sure no issues are on my bill. I prefer to resolve a problem when it occurs instead of waiting til the last day. There were no additions and subtractions for tips on my TV.

Strange. It always shows on ours.

I always pre-pay everything: beverage package, excursions, gratuities, and any specialty dining. That way I have very little expenses to deal with after the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only reason I would not prepay is if I had on board credit I wanted to use for paying these expenses.

We prepay everything, so we can relax.

We always prepay, and they always show it, followed by the deduction.

That is strange. We have prepaid on our last four cruises, three different NCL ships, and the gratuities were not on there at all. That is one of the reasons we prepay -- not having gratuities listed makes a much shorter bill, easier to check.

That is strange. We have prepaid on our last four cruises, three different NCL ships, and the gratuities were not on there at all. That is one of the reasons we prepay -- not having gratuities listed makes a much shorter bill, easier to check.

Perhaps "they always show it" means it's always listed on the folio until the last day. I never check my folio during the cruise. Some people check their folio 57 times per day...maybe Sisssaaaaaaaaaaaa is seeing it then.

My DSC is always pre-paid (or promo'd) and it never shows on the final bill.

Perhaps "they always show it" means it's always listed on the folio until the last day. I never check my folio during the cruise. Some people check their folio 57 times per day...maybe Sisssaaaaaaaaaaaa is seeing it then.

My DSC is always pre-paid (or promo'd) and it never shows on the final bill.

I always pre-pay my DSC and I usually get a couple of copies of my bill during my cruises and have never seen the DSC on it.