Oasis - Boardwalk Balcony

GTO-Girl

• 1 month later...

Oasis boardwalk balcony 10313 - LOVED this cabin!

We loved having the fresh air and to see the water view and never heard a lot of noise at all. In fact we were surprised at how little action there was on the boardwalk.

We've had a regular balcony and of course loved it, but it is usually more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have 12729 booked for Oasis in April 2018....have always had a outside balcony but thought we would give this one a shot...its the end cabin so I figured it should still have a nice view of the ocean minus the ocean sounds.

My only concern was being tucked up by the theatre control room.

Are there plans to add the Abyss to Oasis?...I think it might ruin the view...but maybe the thrill of the slide will compensate.

I see most people talking about 9729,10729,11729 and 12729. Seems these are preferncial over what are the exact same cabins 9329,10329,11329 and 12329. Any reason why people seem to like 729 better than 329? Or is it just me thinking I see more comments about 729 than 329? Haha We just booked 10329 on Allure and can't wait!!

My guess is that it is a preference of port vs starboard side. The rooms are exactly the same and have the exact same views - other than coming into a port - depending on which side the ship pulls in would make a view different

We sailed 10329 on Oasis in May 2013 and have the exact same room booked on Allure for May, the room in my opinion is that great!

We were in 8311 last week and had no issues at all. We would not hesitate to book the same cabin or another Boardwalk cabin in the future.David & Jo Ann
\

We were in this same cabin on the Harmony last week. We were pretty early to bed and neither of us, my wife included who can hear everything, had any troubles with noise. The layout of the cabin was great, loved all the storage and would book it again but we really to prefer being on the water side. Other than that it was a great cabin.

I see most people talking about 9729,10729,11729 and 12729. Seems these are preferncial over what are the exact same cabins 9329,10329,11329 and 12329. Any reason why people seem to like 729 better than 329? Or is it just me thinking I see more comments about 729 than 329? Haha We just booked 10329 on Allure and can't wait!!

The main difference in the furthest aft rooms: Port side (9329,10329.....) have the bed next to the balcony.

Starboard side (9729, 10729...) have the beds next to the closet.

IMO Having the bed next to the closet on Oasis and Allure limits the access to the closet. I believe this provides space for the sofa near the balcony in this configuration to pull out and sleep 4.

• 1 month later...

We are on Harmony now in Room 10329 and 11329. We would not reccommend the Boardwalk to anyone that wants a quiet location. Movies are blasting every night until 12 or 1 am.

They had a crew party and water shows that went late on the other nights. Not for us

We had a 12th deck Boardwalk Balcony on Allure (can't remember the number but it was toward the back- probably 4 or 5 in) from the aftmost cabin. We did not find noise to be a problem at all. We could hear the aqua theater shows when we were getting just after dinner and before we headed out to do other things, but it was quite muffled.

We found it to be a great cabin. Yes, I can see the benefits to an outside balcony cabin if you like peace and quiet. My parents had an Oceanview Balcony and it was great for them. They are more quiet. They enjoyed our cabin though for sitting and watching things on the boardwalk.

I would not hesitate to book another Boardwalk View Cabin. I think Decks 10, 11 and 12 are best, I like Deck 12, but that's just me.

We have 12729 booked for Oasis in April 2018....have always had a outside balcony but thought we would give this one a shot...its the end cabin so I figured it should still have a nice view of the ocean minus the ocean sounds.

My only concern was being tucked up by the theatre control room.

Are there plans to add the Abyss to Oasis?...I think it might ruin the view...but maybe the thrill of the slide will compensate.

12729 is my favorite choice because when it rained, our balcony was completely dry and we could still sit outside. That overhang protects it very well. We did not have any issues with the control room.

You can see many pictures, tips, and more detailed info about that cabin in my Oasis review... too much to repeat here. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224751

9 weeks until I sit on that balcony again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have had many Boardwalk cabins, and have never had any issue with noise. Unless you retire for the evening very early, or sleep with your door open, the noise is a non issue. We also enjoy the view of the Aqua Theater and the ocean.

This was the view from our cabin on Allure. We were in cabin 11715 - eight cabins from the end on deck 11.

IMG_3646.jpg

Right now you also get the special deal where a soda package is included with Boardwalk cabins, along with a meal at Johnny Rockets!

Amazing view, and you're even further back. Great to see. We'll be about 4 more down from you (away from aft) so glad to see you can still ocean quite well (guess we'll have the abyss in our way too but not a big deal for us). Thanks for sharing.

I thought of moving us to the 327 room (we need a room for 4), but I thought being further back may be better from the noise aspect late at night when say, movies are playing. Noise in the day won't bother us.

\

We were in this same cabin on the Harmony last week. We were pretty early to bed and neither of us, my wife included who can hear everything, had any troubles with noise. The layout of the cabin was great, loved all the storage and would book it again but we really to prefer being on the water side. Other than that it was a great cabin.

We just booked 8711 on Harmony - same location, opposite side. Glad to hear it was a good cabin! Were you able to see the Aqua theatre show from your balcony? [emoji322][emoji568]

Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 12319 on Oasis last month. Chose that one as it's quite aft but not under the overhang and nice and high. Good view of the aqua theatre and wake. I agree re the noise. Fine at night but if taking a nap during the day there is a lot of noise from the boardwalk (carousel, kids, films, belly flop contests) that you can still hear with the balcony door closed. Seems even at that height the noise carries. However, still loved the cruise. Here's the view:

bd202704a49284cad0a32c7951a4a0ce.jpg

5018283260cd6dd4f76377ee3f5ed1da.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk