HUB App

treasurespast

I'll be on the Pride in a couple of weeks, and just learned of the HUB app. I am curious if it works well. How does it run - do I need to be connected to wi-fi, or will it eat up my data minutes? What about when we're not in the US any longer? I've always just left my smart phone turned off while on a cruise.

You have to be in airplane mode and connected to Carnival's wi-fi, but it has nothing to do with data. If you want to use the chat feature, it is $5 for the entire cruise. I used it on the Vista and it worked well. The chat is done by a person's ID number, which they get when they log onto it. So you will need to get that info from them. I did like seeing the daily activities and photos.

Make sure to load the app before you cruise...before you board the ship, it will show your countdown clock.

Yep! Used it on the Magic 2 weeks ago and it was great. I think because our booking was linked to our friends, when I logged in to chat, it showed all the guests on both rooms. So I could message any of them, it was nice. And yes, it was nice having the schedule of events at your fingertips. I will say it was a killer on my phone's battery. But my phone is 3 years old, so I have to be a little more careful on constant use. And I don't use WiFi on my phone normally.

We loved the HUB App on the Breeze in early November! There were 5 of us in 3 rooms, and using the chat feature to coordinate meals and activities was so much better than post-it notes stuck on doors :D. Checking events, open times and even seeing if someone else in your group was going to an event worked well. The facial recognition on the photo section seemed to work well, also.

We all had downloaded the HUB App before the cruise, and once on board we turned our phones to airplane mode and logged in to Carnival's wifi. For $5.00 per device for the chat feature (everything else was free), it was well worth it to us.

One note I'll make about the HUB app -

When we sailed on the Conquest 11/6, we were unable to tender to HMC and that caused a new Fun Times to be issued that morning for added sea day activities.

The HUB app DID NOT update to include any of the added activities or venue changes. There were lots of us in a lounge for trivia, only to find out at the last minute that the venue had been changed - updated in paper Fun Times, but not on the HUB app.

I used the Hub app this past week on the conquest. It worked I would say 50% of the time. Some msgs would be delayed by hours or would be time stamped with a completely different time. We were a large group (20+ ppl using the app) trying to use the app to keep track of everyone's mvmts. There were some peak times, like right before and after dinner, when the service just failed. All in all though, for $5 it's not bad. I wouldn't pay more for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we sailed on the Conquest 11/6, we were unable to tender to HMC and that caused a new Fun Times to be issued that morning for added sea day activities.

The HUB app DID NOT update to include any of the added activities or venue changes. There were lots of us in a lounge for trivia, only to find out at the last minute that the venue had been changed - updated in paper Fun Times, but not on the HUB app.

i was on the vista when the ship was unable to dock in amber cove due to that storm. the app was updated with newer activity like the paper fun times and the port information changed from the amber cover to fun day at sea

I was going to ask if Fun Times were still being printed daily, but this sounds like a yes to me. Cruising with DH next week, we'll probably not use it. Cruising with our teen next year, this sounds like a very good thing.