Hello from Cheznandy Live on the Emerald Princess

Off topic now but what is with PV's? I don't get them....my grown son was smoking one the other day, a strawberry one and I'm like what the heck, why don't you just suck on a lollypop? This belongs with the other things I just don't get like ripped jeans, ripped tops, ripped anything and the riding low phenomenon.

Ok back to business.....a question for Chez (or anyone else), are we able to take a power strip onboard?

It is just another fad, it will pass.

I know it is a different ship but I don't recall anyone on the Golden smoking or vaping in the corner.

Princess specifically prohibits use of elecronic cigarettes anywhere other than in the designated smoking areas. It's stated quite clearly in the Patters.

Hi all from the Emerald.

Anchored at Savu Savu today, started out cloudy with a bit of rain, but sunny and very hot later.

Emerald has tenders where you can sit up top in the open, love it!

Walked around the small town, we walked up the back street, high on a hill for a great look out towards the ship, then through a side street to the small hot springs and up to the Hot Springs hotel where we were told we could have a swim and enjoyed a cold beer....only 7 of us there.

Our naughty corner for dinner is always busy so we have been sitting anywhere on a two top, tonight a lovely ocean view.

9pm was Love boat deck party, not much love boat happening but a few quizes on the big screen then band played.....we headed to bed after an hour but others were enjoying themselves. We are on Riviera deck under the spa right where the party is happening and can only hear a bit of bass.

Dravuni Island tomorrow.....nearly your turn Gut!!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Hi all from the Emerald.

Anchored at Savu Savu today, started out cloudy with a bit of rain, but sunny and very hot later.

Walked around the small town, we walked up the back street, high on a hill for a great look out towards the ship, then through a side street to the small hot springs and up to the Hot Springs hotel where we were told we could have a swim and enjoyed a cold beer....only 7 of us there.

Our naughty corner for dinner is always busy so we have been sitting anywhere on a two top, tonight a lovely ocean view.

9pm was Love boat deck party, not much love boat happening but a few quizes on the big screen then band played.....we headed to bed after an hour but others were enjoying themselves. We are on Riviera deck under the spa right where the party is happening and can only hear a bit of bass.

Glad the weather fined up for you.:D

Hi all from the Emerald.

Yep and I'm starting to think I might survive long enough to get my turn.

Princess specifically prohibits use of electronic cigarettes anywhere other than in the designated smoking areas. It's stated quite clearly in the Patters.

I'm aware of the rules and designated vaping/smoking areas thanks. However it's odd that it's OK in small sections of lounges (Pacific Princess in 2015 - Alaska and more recently in July 2016 on the Emerald while in the Mediterranean). Seems like the rules change with the captain or geographic location. The last time on the Emerald in 2014 (Europe) you could vape anywhere on board except the eating areas and theatre....even on balconies.

The term "e-cigarettes" is indeed a very unfair label....but let's not go down that road:rolleyes:

I'm aware of the rules and designated vaping/smoking areas thanks. However it's odd that it's OK in small sections of lounges (Pacific Princess in 2015 - Alaska and more recently in July 2016 on the Emerald while in the Mediterranean). Seems like the rules change with the captain or geographic location. The last time on the Emerald in 2014 (Europe) you could vape anywhere on board except the eating areas and theatre....even on balconies.

The term "e-cigarettes" is indeed a very unfair label....but let's not go down that road:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that Australian law (regarding cigarettes) kicks in for the cruises in our waters and as Vaping is considered to be smoking, the same rules apply. It is what it is.

The last time on the Emerald in 2014 (Europe) you could vape anywhere on board except the eating areas and theatre....even on balconies. :

Yeah, but I believe people doing the wrong thing, had spoilt it for people doing the right thing.

I know last Xmas on the Regal Princess, we were in a Penthouse suite. The suite next to us where clearly smoking on their balcony's. We could here it, smell it, even see it (heads a bit over the rails). On older couple who didn't know we could hear them on our balcony saying "if anyone asks just pretend were using e-cigarettes". Well the suite on the other side of them noticed and complained (mostly because of the smoke wofting into their balcony and into their suite). When confronted, guess what the offenders said...."we're just using e-cigarettes".

I guess princess have made policy's absolute to be safe than knowing people will take advantage when policy's are relaxed a bit (we all know what happened to the Star)....

Yeah, but I believe people doing the wrong thing, had spoilt it for people doing the right thing.

I know last Xmas on the Regal Princess, we were in a Penthouse suite. The suite next to us where clearly smoking on their balcony's. We could here it, smell it, even see it (heads a bit over the rails). On older couple who didn't know we could hear them on our balcony saying "if anyone asks just pretend were using e-cigarettes". Well the suite on the other side of them noticed and complained (mostly because of the smoke wofting into their balcony and into their suite). When confronted, guess what the offenders said...."we're just using e-cigarettes".

I guess princess have made policy's absolute to be safe than knowing people will take advantage when policy's are relaxed a bit (we all know what happened to the Star)....

Some people always have to push the boundaries.:(

I thought the whole thing about e-cigarettes is that there isn't any smoke smell. :confused:

I would have tried to take a sneaky photo of them.

Let's not take over Chez's live with this smoking business. My original question was for Chez, as she is currently on the Emerald and might have first hand knowledge. I concur that there are different rules in Australia re designated area and accept this.

Thanks for your comments .

Cheers,

Anna

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Let's not take over Chez's live with this smoking business. My original question was for Chez, as she is currently on the Emerald and might have first hand knowledge. I concur that there are different rules in Australia re designated area and accept this.

Thanks for your comments .

Cheers,

Anna

No worries, hopefully Chez will get back to you.:D

Anna I have not noticed any smoking of any sort in Skywalkers......we are off up there in a couple of hours so will have a look around.

What a fabulous day we just had on beautiful Dravuni Island.

We headed over about 10am, had a walk around, Andy had a 25 min massage for $20aud, then we had a swim. Glorious blue clear calm water today.

Took a boat ride around the island for $10aud, bought the usual t shirt and jewelery. This is my 3rd time here in over 30 years and is still friendly and clean and picturesque.

Back on board for a swim and lunch and we have been napping this arvo in the comfort of our cabin.

Tonight we have just decided to book Share......nothing on the mdr menu interested us so we thought we would give it a go.

Just wanted to say we have met lovely people and I have so much to tell but not enough internet time, so will add on more when home.

A well earned sea day tomorrow, so will check in then.

Anna I have not noticed any smoking of any sort in Skywalkers......we are off up there in a couple of hours so will have a look around.

What a fabulous day we just had on beautiful Dravuni Island.

We headed over about 10am, had a walk around, Andy had a 25 min massage for $20aud, then we had a swim. Glorious blue clear calm water today.

Took a boat ride around the island for $10aud, bought the usual t shirt and jewelery. This is my 3rd time here in over 30 years and is still friendly and clean and picturesque.

Back on board for a swim and lunch and we have been napping this arvo in the comfort of our cabin.

Tonight we have just decided to book Share......nothing on the mdr menu interested us so we thought we would give it a go.

Just wanted to say we have met lovely people and I have so much to tell but not enough internet time, so will add on more when home.

A well earned sea day tomorrow, so will check in then.

Thanks for the update.:D

Hi everyone.......having a lovely time, lovely ship.

Weather has been cool and windy.....possibly missing Mare tomorrow as we may not be able to tender.

Older age group......have seen about 6 kids.

Boarding was great, not sticking to staggered boarding times. We boarded at 12.30pm.

12 bottles of wine carried on, corkage paid on 10.

Any questions will try to answer for those travelling soon.

Hi Chez and Andy

This is Janet and Bruce from the Emerald Princess. Sorry we didn`t show for dinner, but we ended up having to disembark in Port Vila due to a medical issue I had with my eye. It all happened so fast we didn`t have time to contact you to say we wouldn`t be meeting you for dinner as planned. Our apologies. Hope you get this. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Hi Chez and Andy

This is Janet and Bruce from the Emerald Princess. Sorry we didn`t show for dinner, but we ended up having to disembark in Port Vila due to a medical issue I had with my eye. It all happened so fast we didn`t have time to contact you to say we wouldn`t be meeting you for dinner as planned. Our apologies. Hope you get this. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Hi Chez and Andy

Wow, I hope all is well.

Hi Chez and Andy

Goodness, I am sure they will understand and I hope you recover soon.:D

Bruce and Janet I spoke with Pam, she told us everything......I knew when we were two hours late leaving Vila and then you were not at dinner something was wrong. I left a message on your cabin phone but you had left.

So sorry you had to head home but we are so glad to have spent time with you.

Bruce gave us your email and I will contact you on our return.

Hope all goes well, sending our best wishes to you......and Andy says hooroo haha

Xx

Hi again from the Emerald Princess

We really enjoyed Share the other night, great atmosphere with plenty of space between tables. Surprisingly it was quite busy.

Food was delious but different from usual cruise fare, so I can see why some may not like it. Six courses of small tasting plates. We did not feel over full when finished as we feel in the Crown Grill/Steakhouse.

A lazy sea day yesterday, a late brekky in the IC, trivia, lunch in Caribe cafe was Australian fare, a different theme there every sea day, it hasnt opened for lunch on port days.

Andy went to 1pm movie and I swam and lay on a deck chair. Sat in the naughty corner for dinner, then hung around for the 10pm Majority Rules. Alway a laugh and CD Duke is great fun.

We decided a couple of days ago not to get off in Noumea, gives us 4 days onboard in a row, so a relax and read day it is.

Think we have docked......weather has been fabulous, although I just read Davids post re tsunami warning, but will probably not hear anything on the ship.

Oh and our Captain gets off today, new one boards, rumour mill says something to do with the next captain cant board in Sydney for tax/legal reasons as he resides there??

Bye for now from the Emerald Princess

Hi again from the Emerald Princess

We really enjoyed Share the other night, great atmosphere with plenty of space between tables. Surprisingly it was quite busy.

Food was delious but different from usual cruise fare, so I can see why some may not like it. Six courses of small tasting plates. We did not feel over full when finished as we feel in the Crown Grill/Steakhouse.

A lazy sea day yesterday, a late brekky in the IC, trivia, lunch in Caribe cafe was Australian fare, a different theme there every sea day, it hasnt opened for lunch on port days.

Andy went to 1pm movie and I swam and lay on a deck chair. Sat in the naughty corner for dinner, then hung around for the 10pm Majority Rules. Alway a laugh and CD Duke is great fun.

We decided a couple of days ago not to get off in Noumea, gives us 4 days onboard in a row, so a relax and read day it is.

Think we have docked......weather has been fabulous, although I just read Davids post re tsunami warning, but will probably not hear anything on the ship.

Oh and our Captain gets off today, new one boards, rumour mill says something to do with the next captain cant board in Sydney for tax/legal reasons as he resides there??

Bye for now from the Emerald Princess

Thanks for the update, Share sounds good. :D