Hello from Cheznandy Live on the Emerald Princess

I've really enjoyed your daily blogs, Chez. Thanks for posting.

Good to hear Curtis was a good deal. A change from MDR food is much needed after a week or more.

We don't get off in Noumea any more either :rolleyes:

It's our turn on Monday :D:D

Bon Voyage Anna, make sure you catch up with GUT.:D

Hi again from the Emerald Princess

We really enjoyed Share the other night, great atmosphere with plenty of space between tables. Surprisingly it was quite busy.

Food was delious but different from usual cruise fare, so I can see why some may not like it. Six courses of small tasting plates. We did not feel over full when finished as we feel in the Crown Grill/Steakhouse.

A lazy sea day yesterday, a late brekky in the IC, trivia, lunch in Caribe cafe was Australian fare, a different theme there every sea day, it hasnt opened for lunch on port days.

Andy went to 1pm movie and I swam and lay on a deck chair. Sat in the naughty corner for dinner, then hung around for the 10pm Majority Rules. Alway a laugh and CD Duke is great fun.

We decided a couple of days ago not to get off in Noumea, gives us 4 days onboard in a row, so a relax and read day it is.

Think we have docked......weather has been fabulous, although I just read Davids post re tsunami warning, but will probably not hear anything on the ship.

Oh and our Captain gets off today, new one boards, rumour mill says something to do with the next captain cant board in Sydney for tax/legal reasons as he resides there??

Bye for now from the Emerald Princess

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

It could be Captain William Kent. He lives in NSW with his partner Maggie (the entertainer).

Oh and our Captain gets off today, new one boards, rumour mill says something to do with the next captain cant board in Sydney for tax/legal reasons as he resides there??

That's interesting.

I was just watching a clip of Captain Martin Stenzel from the Emerald. Seemed very nice. I wonder who the new captain is going to be? An aussie captain if cheznandy's rumours are true..?

That's interesting.

I was just watching a clip of Captain Martin Stenzel from the Emerald. Seemed very nice. I wonder who the new captain is going to be? An aussie captain if cheznandy's rumours are true..?

My bet is still Captain Kent. He was captain of the Emerald for a few months earlier in the year after he was moved from the Sea Princess.

Hi again from the Emerald Princess

We really enjoyed Share the other night, great atmosphere with plenty of space between tables. Surprisingly it was quite busy.

Food was delious but different from usual cruise fare, so I can see why some may not like it. Six courses of small tasting plates. We did not feel over full when finished as we feel in the Crown Grill/Steakhouse.

A lazy sea day yesterday, a late brekky in the IC, trivia, lunch in Caribe cafe was Australian fare, a different theme there every sea day, it hasnt opened for lunch on port days.

Andy went to 1pm movie and I swam and lay on a deck chair. Sat in the naughty corner for dinner, then hung around for the 10pm Majority Rules. Alway a laugh and CD Duke is great fun.

We decided a couple of days ago not to get off in Noumea, gives us 4 days onboard in a row, so a relax and read day it is.

Think we have docked......weather has been fabulous, although I just read Davids post re tsunami warning, but will probably not hear anything on the ship.

Bye for now from the Emerald Princess

I believe Capt Kent lives in NSW not sure why that would matter in terms of tax legal issues

My bet is still Captain Kent. He was captain of the Emerald for a few months earlier in the year after he was moved from the Sea Princess.

Yes thats him, and Maggie is performing in the next couple of days.....sadly I dont remember Captains names or CDs haha

So there is some reason he cannot Captain the ship from Sydney and if he lives in NSW the rumour must be true. They took our Captain Circle invites back as they had the wrong Captain on it.

Yes thats him, and Maggie is performing in the next couple of days.....sadly I dont remember Captains names or CDs haha

So there is some reason he cannot Captain the ship from Sydney and if he lives in NSW the rumour must be true. They took our Captain Circle invites back as they had the wrong Captain on it.

Probably the half of the story that he was boarding later because of tax, is wrong. Maybe someone putting two and two together and coming up with 22.:D

Whatever the reason he didnt board in Sydney and got on today, now that is true because I just heard his announcement leaving Noumea.

He may not have boarded the ship today, just taken over today. On some past cruises, the 'new' captain has boarded several days before he has taken over. He just stays out of public view. Maybe this is for a few days consultation between the departing and arriving captains.:)

Whatever the reason he didnt board in Sydney and got on today, now that is true because I just heard his announcement leaving Noumea.

He may not have boarded the ship today, just taken over today. On some past cruises, the 'new' captain has boarded several days before he has taken over. He just stays out of public view. Maybe this is for a few days consultation between the departing and arriving captains.:)

LOL, Either may be the case. I have seen the new captain come on a few days earlier as well but also board on the day. Anyway, who knows why they took over now. It could be as simple as the previous captain had to be somewhere earlier than waiting for Sydney.

LOL, Either may be the case. I have seen the new captain come on a few days earlier as well but also board on the day. Anyway, who knows why they took over now. It could be as simple as the previous captain had to be somewhere earlier than waiting for Sydney.

That's what I said to Mrs Gut, "Maybe he had a wedding to go to, or something similar".

Outgoing capt that is.

If Mrs Kent was on entertaining, he may have been missing her, I've heard some blokes miss their missus, but I've got a pretty good aim.:D

Haha yes, we have heard staff conversations and dined next to the previous Captain in the naughty corner a few times, he was also hosting the most travelled dinner in Share the night before the new Captain took over.

Maggie is on the list of entertainers, but hasnt performed yet, tonight is formal, she is not listed, tomorrow is our last night so probaly she will perform then.

Bit cloudy today, seas flat and calm. Captain Kent is hoping we dont get the bad weather that the previous cruise has across the tasman....we are hoping for a bit of rock n rolling.

Haha yes, we have heard staff conversations and dined next to the previous Captain in the naughty corner a few times, he was also hosting the most travelled dinner in Share the night before the new Captain took over.

Maggie is on the list of entertainers, but hasnt performed yet, tonight is formal, she is not listed, tomorrow is our last night so probaly she will perform then.

Bit cloudy today, seas flat and calm. Captain Kent is hoping we dont get the bad weather that the previous cruise has across the tasman....we are hoping for a bit of rock n rolling.

Well I hope it is keeping most cruisers happy including you.:D

That's what I said to Mrs Gut, "Maybe he had a wedding to go to, or something similar".

Outgoing capt that is.

If Mrs Kent was on entertaining, he may have been missing her, I've heard some blokes miss their missus, but I've got a pretty good aim.:D

LOL, as long as you are throwing lollies or chocolates.:p

We are sitting in the IC, it is so crowded people sit at Vines and there are tables set up all around the Piazza with lots of servers.

Trivia is at 10.45 in club fusion, always a laugh, there is seafood theme buffet in Caribe Cafe today, a movie, Bad Moms in Princess theatre at 2pm.

Captains Circle party tonight so a late dinner for us.

Farewell balloon drop is at 11pm.......bit late considering the age of passengers, I know we will be in bed!!

Last night was Italian in the restaurant, we ordered a Lemoncello $3 keep the glass....and it was refilled 3 times, yum a bargain for $6 for two of us, our waiter Ricky who was "Ricardo" for the night was the best.

For those on the next cruise wanting the naughty corner with May, she is working in the new dining area for the suite new thing they have and the name escapes me at the moment....she is highly regarded so not surprising she has moved for those that pay more!!!

We are sitting in the IC, it is so crowded people sit at Vines and there are tables set up all around the Piazza with lots of servers.

Trivia is at 10.45 in club fusion, always a laugh, there is seafood theme buffet in Caribe Cafe today, a movie, Bad Moms in Princess theatre at 2pm.

Captains Circle party tonight so a late dinner for us.

Farewell balloon drop is at 11pm.......bit late considering the age of passengers, I know we will be in bed!!

Last night was Italian in the restaurant, we ordered a Lemoncello $3 keep the glass....and it was refilled 3 times, yum a bargain for $6 for two of us, our waiter Ricky who was "Ricardo" for the night was the best.

For those on the next cruise wanting the naughty corner with May, she is working in the new dining area for the suite new thing they have and the name escapes me at the moment....she is highly regarded so not surprising she has moved for those that pay more!!!

Club class I think you mean.

I can't wait for Monday, but did my ankle in yesterday so it looks like not much action for me, oh well I might have to rest and relax.

I can't wait for Monday, but did my ankle in yesterday so it looks like not much action for me, oh well I might have to rest and relax.

Bugger :mad:

3 days before our cruise I fractured my right ankle for the 2nd time, not fun, then on Mystery Island the Missus banged herself up with a sprained Left ankle and wrist, so we hobbled around the ship arm in arm holding ourselves up, got real interesting on the rocky days. Rest the ankle , a lot of people try and do too much too soon and make it worse.

3 days before our cruise I fractured my right ankle for the 2nd time, not fun, then on Mystery Island the Missus banged herself up with a sprained Left ankle and wrist, so we hobbled around the ship arm in arm holding ourselves up, got real interesting on the rocky days. Rest the ankle , a lot of people try and do too much too soon and make it worse.

Yes agree, lots of people onboard with ankle, leg and arm injuries, I am sure you will have a great time anyway gut.

Weather is still calm but cloudy, everyone running around doing last minute buying, just saw staff filling the balloon nets on deck 7.....that always signals the end of the cruise boohoo. Still have 100 minutes left of internet so will do another update tomorrow unless something significant happens and then early on our arrival in Sydney so you know your ship has arrived Gut and Anna!!

Used to be real familiar with torn tendons in the Ankle, cracks sprains etc when I was playing football, and even 20 years after. But it's been fine for yonks now, so looking after its fine, even on the ship I can just sit on the balcony and relax, worst comes to worst. And I have boarded using a wheelchair before, so that may be the way to go this time.

My biggest concern is getting from the hotel room to the Port.

Funny enough, it is my right one too.