Hello from Cheznandy Live on the Emerald Princess

Just had an announcement from the Captain that seas will be 3 -4 metres between 10pm and about 3am, so he advised those that need meds to take them and put things away in the cabin, use handrails etc......but then it should be glass like conditions on to Sydney.

And forgot to mention for those cruising on the Emerald, sadly the always available desserts in the MDR have changed, no more creme brulee and cheescake, replaced with pavlova, cheese platter, but the loveboat dream is still there.

So sad.....I am dying for a creme brulee!!!

Was told by a waiter that us Aussies prefer pav and cheese plate....noooooooo!!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Just had an announcement from the Captain that seas will be 3 -4 metres between 10pm and about 3am, so he advised those that need meds to take them and put things away in the cabin, use handrails etc......but then it should be glass like conditions on to Sydney.

And forgot to mention for those cruising on the Emerald, sadly the always available desserts in the MDR have changed, no more creme brulee and cheescake, replaced with pavlova, cheese platter, but the loveboat dream is still there.

So sad.....I am dying for a creme brulee!!!

Was told by a waiter that us Aussies prefer pav and cheese plate....noooooooo!!

Thanks for the update, hope it doesn't get too rocky for you.:D

Boo hiss about no cheesecake or brulees.:(

Crème brulee's, beef medallions, what will be next, hope they don't stop C.S pork belly. Lol, what will THEY do over the lake.;);):eek::)

Most of princesses deserts are all cake based anyway, cheaper, but still yummy.

THEY being the operative word

Edited by mrs and mrs

Crème brulee's, beef medallions, what will be next, hope they don't stop C.S pork belly. Lol, what will THEY do over the lake.;);):eek::)

Most of princesses deserts are all cake based anyway, cheaper, but still yummy.

THEY being the operative word

I suppose we will just have to adjust, apparently they know best and we will just eat what is offered.

Hi Cheznandy,

Would you please be able to find out what the costs are for the Sanctuary. Are you able to book before you board or do you have to wait until get on board?

Many thanks - glad to hear you are enjoying your cruise.

Ours friends booked the Sanctuary for half a day, $20. I am sure they said it was $40 for a full day, but $30 per day if you booked the whole cruise. Book onboard when you embark, we swam in the Lotus pool and didnt see many in the Santuary.

Hi all, last update, nearly home.

Last night was Platinum/Elite Captains Circle party, the usual watery drinks!! Captain did a lovely long speech, he did get on in Noumea and resides in Brisbane, previous Captain is safely home in Colorado.

Formal dinner and nabbed the naughty corner with May. We dined with Dobby and Karen akka Mr and Mrs Elf.....Captain dined with his partner and two more Officers next to us. Maggie performs tonight.

Seas a little rocky last night, but not the worst we have experienced. By the morning it was calm and nearly flat. We got up at 6am and I took lots of interior photos, the ship is so quiet and beautiful that time of morning.

A lazy day laying in the sun and having a final swim.

There are Carols in the Piazza tonight, we are having happy hour on the Welshies balcony, then our last cocktail in Skywalkers and dinner.

The carnival Spirit or Legend passed us on our port side heading north this morning, I didnt have my camera to zoom in to see which one it was.

Thanks to those that have been tuning in......see you all on land!!

Hi all, last update, nearly home.

Last night was Platinum/Elite Captains Circle party, the usual watery drinks!! Captain did a lovely long speech, he did get on in Noumea and resides in Brisbane, previous Captain is safely home in Colorado.

Formal dinner and nabbed the naughty corner with May. We dined with Dobby and Karen akka Mr and Mrs Elf.....Captain dined with his partner and two more Officers next to us. Maggie performs tonight.

Seas a little rocky last night, but not the worst we have experienced. By the morning it was calm and nearly flat. We got up at 6am and I took lots of interior photos, the ship is so quiet and beautiful that time of morning.

A lazy day laying in the sun and having a final swim.

There are Carols in the Piazza tonight, we are having happy hour on the Welshies balcony, then our last cocktail in Skywalkers and dinner.

The carnival Spirit or Legend passed us on our port side heading north this morning, I didnt have my camera to zoom in to see which one it was.

Thanks to those that have been tuning in......see you all on land!!

Thanks for the update, it has been wonderful following along and living vicariously through your cruise.:D

Thanks guys, disembarked about an hour ago, now sitting in Qantas Club awaiting our flight, thankfully we were able to be put on the earlier flight so wont have to wait around until 2pm.

We got up early this morn to watch the sail into Sydney, havent done it in a while, always beautiful.

Have a great cruise Gut and Anna and everyone else that is on.

Ours friends booked the Sanctuary for half a day, $20. I am sure they said it was $40 for a full day, but $30 per day if you booked the whole cruise. Book onboard when you embark, we swam in the Lotus pool and didnt see many in the Santuary.

Chez, I'm just catching up on your "Live on....". It was great meeting you and Andy.

We were pretty much alone up in the Sanctuary the entire cruise. One quibble about it is that the handicap lift for deck 17 was out of order. The only way up or down was via stairs. My DW has mobility issues and it sure would have nice if the lift worked. Oh yes, you have the cost correct.

Thanks, have they announced the most cruised as yet at the Captain's circle event?

I don't recall the number for the most cruised couple, but it was north of 1000 days. The cutoff for the most cruised event was 440 days. We weren't invited so I don't know if it was lunch, dinner or cocktails. There were over 1000 elite passengers aboard.

I don't recall the number for the most cruised couple, but it was north of 1000 days. The cutoff for the most cruised event was 440 days. We weren't invited so I don't know if it was lunch, dinner or cocktails. There were over 1000 elite passengers aboard.

Always trust your onboard Elf .... quote from the Patter.

Most Travelled Passengers

Mr Steven & Mrs Sylvia Lewandowski (Aussies) 1530 days

Hi Jim:) thanks for joining in.

I am sure I heard 341 Elite or 431 cos I am bad with numbers, there were lots more Platinum though.

Yes, the most travelled couple have lots of days up, didnt look that old either!!

We were not invited either hahaha!

Although Andy and I both agreed that we don't think we would enjoy those dinners, geez it was bad enough going to the Elite/Platinum party......lots of dressed up people there checking everyone else out!!

We enjoy the perks but not the other stuff;)