Lido Balcony vs. Panorama Balcony

FloridaMommyof3

I prefer Lido just because it's easier access to the pool. It's just more convenient if you need to run back to the cabin for something. Also, check to be sure the Panorama balcony is not under the gym. I forget the layout of all the ships, so just check the deck plans for yours.

OP, we are on the Magic 2 weeks after you:D:D

We are debating the same thing, for a couple of reasons.

First, our Lido balcony is pretty far forward, so not that close to just "pop" out to Lido, like we've been able to do in the past.

Our past two Lido Balconies on the Breeze, were 4 doors in. Easy Peasy.

The Lido deck for our sailing is COMPLETELY sold out, which blows my mind, or at least sold out for 3 passengers. I keep checking daily, and NOTHING.:mad:

It's amazing how quickly this sold out, and we booked in like September.

If we book Panorama, there's a BUNCH of cabins, right inside the door. Just a stairway down to Lido. Plus, we would still be able to get price reductions. If we keep Lido, we get nothing.

Decisions, Decisions.......

First, our Lido balcony is pretty far forward, so not that close to just "pop" out to Lido, like we've been able to do in the past.

Its not that bad ;) I stayed in one of the Lido 4J cabins at the very front on Magic and LOVED it! Tried to book the very same cabin for next October while on this last cruise and it was already gone :( We are in a deck 9 4J this time.

I would stay where you are ;)

Its not that bad ;) I stayed in one of the Lido 4J cabins at the very front on Magic and LOVED it! Tried to book the very same cabin for next October while on this last cruise and it was already gone :( We are in a deck 9 4J this time.

I would stay where you are ;)

Hi Ryano!!!

At least you got the same KIND of cabin, just one deck lower.:(

The other benefit, for me, with Panorama deck is I am a smoker:o:o, so I would walk right out on the deck, where it's allowed.

I am just hoping as we get closer to final payment, one closer to mid ship will open up for us. I keep checking every day. Fingers crossed.

moving up a deck is not an upgrade IMO, inside to outside, outside to balcony are upgrades. Most balcony cabins other than extended are exactly the same cabin

Well, there must be SOME reason why those cabins cost more than the Lido balconies.....Just not sure why........:confused::confused:

Well, there must be SOME reason why those cabins cost more than the Lido balconies.....Just not sure why........:confused::confused:

I think it's just the higher the deck, the more it costs - at least that's the way it always prices out for me.

Hi Ryano!!!

At least you got the same KIND of cabin, just one deck lower.:(

The other benefit, for me, with Panorama deck is I am a smoker:o:o, so I would walk right out on the deck, where it's allowed.

I am just hoping as we get closer to final payment, one closer to mid ship will open up for us. I keep checking every day. Fingers crossed.

Yup - I'm a smoker as well so I had that thought too since you can no longer use your balcony. But, it's only one floor up and for the kids the lido would be better, so I'll stay put.

OP, we are on the Magic 2 weeks after you:D:D

We are debating the same thing, for a couple of reasons.

Our past two Lido Balconies on the Breeze, were 4 doors in. Easy Peasy.

The Lido deck for our sailing is COMPLETELY sold out, which blows my mind, or at least sold out for 3 passengers. I keep checking daily, and NOTHING.:mad:

It's amazing how quickly this sold out, and we booked in like September.

If we book Panorama, there's a BUNCH of cabins, right inside the door. Just a stairway down to Lido. Plus, we would still be able to get price reductions. If we keep Lido, we get nothing.

Decisions, Decisions.......

Wow - on the cruise I'm on right before you there are still 4 lido cabins open and several panoramas. I wonder why - maybe because I'm earlier in June before the schools up north get out of school.

I only cruise in lido or panorama balconies. First cruise was a Lido balcony and I've been spoiled ever since. In my opinion there's not a whole lot of difference between the two. I think I prefer panorama now for a few reasons.

1. I now cruise with my 3 year old daughter. So on most ships my panorama balcony dumps me right outside at the water slides for her.

2. Similarly, on P deck I can walk outside and get back to the kids club and buffet more quickly without having to navigate the crowds on the lido deck. (this is a smaller concern but it is nice, particularly when there's "events" happening on Lido)

3. Since I seem to spend a lot of time on the dream lately, I can get a spa balcony on P deck.

But really they're mostly interchangeable. I pay the small premium for the spa balcony perks, but I don't think i'd pay extra just for the P deck on it's own. But if either were sold out I wouldn't hesitate to book the other.