Cruising on the Breeze - Cucina del Capitano or the Steakhouse?

5 in OK

Input needed....we are sailing on the Breeze in a few days and will be gone over New Year's Eve. I would like to take the family (2 adults - 5 adult children) to a specialty restaurant on New Year's Eve.

Should we choose Cucina del Capitano or the Steakhouse?

The Steakhouse says "nominal fee of $35.00 per person", however, I couldn't find any prices for Cucina del Capitano....

Thanks in advance for your help!

Input needed....we are sailing on the Breeze in a few days and will be gone over New Year's Eve. I would like to take the family (2 adults - 5 adult children) to a specialty restaurant on New Year's Eve.

The Steakhouse says "nominal fee of $35.00 per person", however, I couldn't find any prices for Cucina del Capitano....

Cucina is 15/person. Both good meals but I would def give a nod to the steakhouse. For what it is worth, the steakhouse will def be full on NYE.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544

We will be getting on the Breeze as you are leaving on Jan 1. This will be our 4th cruise on her, and we have eaten the Steakhouse 1-2 times each cruise. We have eaten Cucina for dinner only once, and in our opinion, there is no comparison. We will eat the Steakhouse twice on this trip, and only do free lunches in Cucina. The Steakhouse is a great meal and great experience!! Enjoy your cruise!! :D:D

We do both but prefer the Cucina del Capitano.

• 1 month later...
Is their dancing in the steakhouse? Is it candlelit? How dressy?Thanks to those who respond.

There used to be live entertainment (and dancing), but that stopped more than a few years ago. There are candles (fake as there are no live flames allowed on a cruise ship) and people tend to dress up more (option - the SH has the same dress code as the MDR), but def no shorts.

Edited by jimbo5544

Got off the Breeze Jan 22nd an ate at both. I have to say the steak at Cucina was very good and so was my steak at the steakhouse. We had great service at both. We did the Cucina on the first night and only got a free glass of wine.

We got off the Breeze on the 22nd and ate at both.

We ate at Cucina the first night and got a glass of wine free. The food wasn't as good as I had been lead to believe nor was it the best Italian I have had. :(

Eating other nights in the buffet we could hear singing in the Cucina but there was not any when we were there.

The Steakhouse was a different story! The experience was great from the food to the service!

It was just too much food and I am 6' 7" 250 and love to eat! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Do both!

We just got off the Breeze yesterday. We ate at the Steakhouse Sunday and Wednesday nights and at Cucina Capitano on Tuesday.

We made all of the reservations right after we booked, and boy were we glad we had them. The Steakhouse had a waiting list after the first night.

We also had requested the Chef's Table ahead of time and were advised that we were on a waiting list for that, which should not have happened since we are Diamond and are guaranteed specialty dining reservations if made at least 24 hours in advance.

We were questioning our decision to eat at Cucina because we really liked our waiter. He is the one who encouraged us to go. We are GF and order our meals the night before, so he brought us the menu and said that it was the worst menu in the MDR of the entire cruise. We took one look and agreed, so we said we would see him on Thursday. He did encourage us to contact Cucina ahead of time about our GF meal.

We called Cucina and Alexandra invited us to stop by and pre-order our dinner. We were so glad we did. The made the meatballs and risotto balls and chicken parmesan GF for us. They did a really nice job on the bread board with GF bread that was much better than what they serve in the dining room. It was great.

We had 2 great meals in the steakhouse, but have decided that on future cruises, if there is a Cucina Capitano we will eat there twice and only eat at the Steakhouse on the first night.