First Timer on Celebrity

skings

Hello, took advantage of last minute Silhouette cruise departing 1/8,

Very excited, booked Concierge Veranda, will be traveling alone.

I have lots of questions but am getting lots of info from this board.

The only info I cant seem to find is re: fresh brewed coffee. I dont want to purchase a beverage package. (73 years old and only have a cocktail now and then)

Any tips would be helpful, this is a 4 day cruise

Hello, took advantage of last minute Silhouette cruise departing 1/8,

Very excited, booked Concierge Veranda, will be traveling alone.

I have lots of questions but am getting lots of info from this board.

The only info I cant seem to find is re: fresh brewed coffee. I dont want to purchase a beverage package. (73 years old and only have a cocktail now and then)

Any tips would be helpful, this is a 4 day cruise

Hard to comment on coffee, preferences are so varied. And it depends on what you are used to. I know people who will only drink Starbucks, I find most Starbucks to be a low quality.

So, with that disclaimer, I like the Celebrity coffee, purchased from the Italian Lavazza company. After experiencing it a few times, I started mail-ordering Lavazza to use as my coffee at home. On board you will find the typical large coffee urns which are frequently refilled with fresh coffee. And I would encourage you to forget the beverage package. You'll do fine without. Another disclaimer: I typically get the Classic package and then upgrade onboard. And then work hard to try and amortize the cost. Not necessarily a strategy I would recommend to all...

Enjoy!

If you drink a lot of coffee and want it really fresh and fancy you can get that at Cafe al Bacio on deck 5. It is a cost added deal but check the non-alcoholic beverage packages to see if it is included there. You need to do the math too see if a package works for you or if you want to buy it by the cup or maybe even try the coffee in the buffet or on deck 7. If you don't like that then hit al Bacio. Oh, my disclaimer, I don't drink coffee but DW does and she prefers al Bacio and fancy coffees

The Classic non-alcoholic package is $18 per day and includes the fancy coffees at al Bacio and Secondo. It also covers various juices, some fresh, soda and bottled water.

There is fresh brewed coffee available with dinner in the MDR, at the buffet, and in the Hideaway on deck 7, all included with your cruise fare. Also, room service will bring you coffee each morning as long as you fill out your door slip and hang it on your door handle each night, also included!

If you do want to buy the specialty coffees at Cafe al Bacio, they're only $5.50 plus 18%.

I'm currently on the Equinox. I posted pictures of their menu here. (click the word here)

As a side note, all the pastries and cookies at Cafe al Bacio are free to all passengers.

On Reflection right now. The lemon tart is my favorite confection at the cafe. Don't miss it if you enjoy lemon deserts.

Coffee is available for free in the Oceanview Cafe as well as the Spa Cafe (formerly known as the Aqua Spa Cafe). My wife and I like our morning coffee and generally found the flavour in both locations decent with the Spa Cafe seeming to have slighly better taste (probably fresher).

You can also get coffee with your meal in any of the restaurants (again, no charge). Coffee is also available with room service (definitely no charge at breakfast other than a tip I like to give my cabin attendant).

While I like Café al Bacio I've had no issues with the coffee elsewhere.

Edited by RickT

We have sailed three times on Celebrity and I have yet to get a good cup of coffee in any of the dining facilities, other than the Expresso Bar mentioned in earlier comments. After our first cruise, I bought a small French press and make my own coffee each morning. They will bring you a pot of hot water with your breakfast tray or you can go to the cafeteria and get it your self. I find if I make the trip, the coffee is ready to drink by the time I get back to the room. Yes it is a pain to pack the French press, but I really like good coffee. My wife says I am more picky about my coffee than anything else in life. LOLo :D

We have sailed three times on Celebrity and I have yet to get a good cup of coffee in any of the dining facilities, other than the Expresso Bar mentioned in earlier comments. After our first cruise, I bought a small French press and make my own coffee each morning. They will bring you a pot of hot water with your breakfast tray or you can go to the cafeteria and get it your self. I find if I make the trip, the coffee is ready to drink by the time I get back to the room. Yes it is a pain to pack the French press, but I really like good coffee. My wife says I am more picky about my coffee than anything else in life. LOLo :D

In the dining room and all the other restaurants you can order the Cafe al Bacio coffee if you wish. I order the Americano. The bar servers will go get it for you.

Viva la cafe

I noticed every location on board advertises Lavazza coffee so, unless you want some special coffee drink, the regular coffee you pay for at Al Baccio is the same as the free coffee elsewhere on the ship. The fastest way to get coffee is often in the hidaway which is centrally located rather than a trip to Oceanview Cafe.