Anthem Cruisers

What is the demographic of cruisers who typically sail on the Anthem. Is it mainly east coast cruisers taking advantage of driving to the port, or is it more international cruisers who travel to NY from overseas? Just curious. Thanks.

I sail mainly in the winter on longer Caribbean itineraries and have found there are many cruisers who live within a 10-12 hour drive from the port. Some folks park at the port, some folks do park/sleeps, some folks fly, and some folks use public transit and/or livery services. My guess would be that the largest group of international cruisers are Canadian followed by folks from the British Isles and Europe.

However Anthem is a new ship, so it is attracting folks from farther away like Australia. Even folks from Florida are coming north to sail Anthem! The demographics change depending on the time of year.

We just got off anthem and there were people from everywhere. We met people from Florida even. There were a lot of foreigners. Canada, England, Germany, Italy, Asia, and many from Spanish speaking countries. Also had a ton of rude people on our cruise.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

What is the demographic of cruisers who typically sail on the Anthem. Is it mainly east coast cruisers taking advantage of driving to the port, or is it more international cruisers who travel to NY from overseas? Just curious. Thanks.

Some observations. The largest population by far last week on the ship was from people driving distance to the port, so NJ, NY, PA, CT. That said, a number of international folks - particularly UK, and Canada were on board. This estimate comes from the informal audience polls from the theatre by the cruise director, and from meeting people around the ship. Since this was a 12 day cruise in early Dec, very few kids on the ship. The week before (T-Giving) there were over a thousand. There were 850 Diamond/D+/Pinnacle on board. From my experience there was an unusually large proportion of very elderly people requiring assistance - wheelchairs and scooters. This perhaps goes hand-in-hand with the ability to drive to the port instead of fly.

I just got off last weeks cruise too & noted the amount of under 35 year olds had increased. Actually I thought there would be a lot more elderly handicapped people than there were for the size of the ship. I did the same cruise last year too.

As for rude people, I didnt notice anything unusual until disembarcation time when every body was tired, cranky & chomping to get off the ship. New Yorkers have a bad rep but sometimes Europeans can be rude too. Just go with the flow, it should be wonderful!

Hi anyone know if we can ask for an iron and ironing board? I know that on RCCL ships they don't have a laundry room. Thanks

I suppose you can ask, but those items are not provided to guests.

What Bob means ;) is NO. No irons, no ironing boards. Royal Caribbean will press things for you at half the cleaning price.

I avoid the need for ironing by:

1. Not buying clothes that need to be ironed.

2. If there are stray wrinkles, I hang the offending item in the bathroom while I shower. I smooth out any remainding wrinkles with my hand.

I'm from Denmark and is taking advantage of the 'restively' shorter and less expensive flights into Newark EWR than longer flights to MIA or FFL. Done both Caribbean and Canada and New England from Port Liberty. Also combining the cruise with some days in NYC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on this sailing and mostly people from east coast, but there are many from outside the US that are combining it with a NY visit. Younger and more families on the ship than expected as US schools are still in session. Haven't noticed any rude passengers. Maybe talk to fewer passengers because of different languages, but everyone has been polite.

I am Canadian and I am booked . I like the short flight to Jersey rather

than flying to Florida. Its only an hour difference but I find flying very boring.

I hope I like the ship and Bermuda . Then this will be my go to cruise whenever I feel like cruising.

I am Canadian and I am booked . I like the short flight to Jersey rather

than flying to Florida. Its only an hour difference but I find flying very boring.

I hope I like the ship and Bermuda . Then this will be my go to cruise whenever I feel like cruising.

I guest that's why there are options for everyone.:)

I'd jump at the chance to stay on an airplane an hour longer to avoid two days of cold weather.

We did Quantum but I assume the demos will be similar. It was our first not out of Florida cruise.

We found more Europeans than any FL cruise even out of Cape Canaveral.

More North east coasters that drove to the port.

Lots of teens and preteens not as many little kids under say 8. Still plenty of little kids but maybe because my kids are teens I saw that age group mostly. Teens love the sea plex LOVE it.

On every cruise no matter where you sail there are rude people, there are the world revolves around me people. I don't think being a New York cruise makes that much difference. IMO the key is to just thank God they are not your significant other and move on. Let them be rude and think if cutting in line makes them feel better so be it. Just don't get yourself upset over any rudeness you encounter. Treat the staff as you would want to be treated and they will treat you like a king. Please and Thank You and How are you today goes a long way.