Adventure from San Juan questions

What pier does RCI use in San Juan for the Adventure of the Seas.

What hotels are close to that pier that people would recommend?

Bill

RCI Adventure (as well as any RCI ships) sail from the Pan American pier only...Only day port stops are at the Old Town Pier for RCI.

We love staying at the Old Town Sheraton for convenience to old town...A quick and cheap taxi to the pier is what works for us...We were there and on AOS last May for a B2B...looking forward to doing this again in 2018. Enjoy !!!

We just booked Hyatt city center bc of the price for 5 of us in one room and it includes breakfast $273/one night including taxes etc! Since it doesn't appear too far and the ship doesn't leave until later we can take our time and thankfully you don't have to worry about distance too much when choosing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan...recommended by many people. Flew in a day early, enjoyed OSJ, and then taxied to the port. Because of the late departure time, we left our luggage at the hotel after checking out and then picked it up after lunch when we were ready to board. Very easy. There are better options if you want a beach day in San Juan. More info on the San Juan port board.

There isn't really anything right near the port, although the Hyatt House is close (will still want to take a taxi). It's only about 20 or so minutes from the airport to the port (unless you hit bad traffic) so any of the hotels in OSJ, Condado, or Isla Verde areas should be 20 minutes or less to the port. If you will only be staying overnight, going directly to the port in the morning, and want to be as close as possible, choose the Hyatt House (although I haven't stayed there and can't comment on the hotel itself). If you will have a day in San Juan, pick the hotel that offers the best fit for how you want to spend the day. Distance to the port shouldn't be a big problem.

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton resort in 2014 and will stay again January 2018. Beautiful place with private beach. Its only about a 10 to 15 minute taxi ride to the port, and they will deliver your luggage to the ship for you! Taxi from airport takes about 15 minutes with traffic.

Nancy

Thanks for all the replies so far.

These are the hotels we were looking at but I don't know how close to the pier they are. I just don't want to be 30 minutes away by taxi.

La Concha

Intercontinental

Hyatt House

San Juan Marriott

Thanks again

Bill

we stayed at the La Concha last year for 2 nights prior to our Jewel cruise. LOVED it, loved it so much we are going back this Feb for 3 nights before our Adventure cruise. it was conveniently located right on the beach. the road right in front of the hotel was a "main" road to walk along, offsite dining options readily available, CVS and Walgreens pharmacy 2 blocks away, great park next to the hotel. wonderful pools and clean beach.

Go with La Concha or Marriott Stellaris in Condado. They are only 10-15 minutes to the pier and have everything you may need nearby. I have stayed in all you mentioned except Hyatt House. I prefer to stay in Condado at one of these two properties.

we stayed at the La Concha last year for 2 nights prior to our Jewel cruise. LOVED it, loved it so much we are going back this Feb for 3 nights before our Adventure cruise. it was conveniently located right on the beach. the road right in front of the hotel was a "main" road to walk along, offsite dining options readily available, CVS and Walgreens pharmacy 2 blocks away, great park next to the hotel. wonderful pools and clean beach.

Good to hear. Will be staying there for 2 nights prior to our February Jewel cruise. And as another poster suggested, we are using points!

Thanks for all the replies so far.

These are the hotels we were looking at but I don't know how close to the pier they are. I just don't want to be 30 minutes away by taxi.

La Concha

Intercontinental

Hyatt House

San Juan Marriott

Thanks again

Bill

You won't be 30 min from the port with any of those. We had to return a rental car to the airport and it only took about 30 min round trip for one of us to drop everyone at the ship, go back to the airport to drop the car off, and get a taxi back to the ship. All those hotels are between the airport and the port so you'll be fine, and the taxi ride will be under $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums