Transferring on board booking to new dates... lost my perks

NLCAPER

I'm currently on hold with Celebrity Captains club after changing my on board book booking to a new date. I was told everything would remain including my 4 perks. Was quoted 3000.00, received the invoice was 3500.00. Called back and was out on hold to speak with original agent, she apologized she quoted me US and those perks I got for booking onboard are now gonna cost me because that promo expired? I've been on hold now for 1 hour and 29 min with no resolutions. Can anyone help me? Are your original promotion transferable?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you re-book, you re-book under the promo offer that currently exists. They don't explain it well onboard and do make you think that it's all transferable, but it isn't. Celebrity should crack down on what many consider a deceptive practice but they don't, probably because it drives sales. Sorry. You will get to keep the extra OBC for booking onboard, though.

We paid our cruise in full when we booked about a month ago during the Go Better/Best promo, also they were running some kind of "Black Friday" special and another $800 was discounted from our cruise. When I have gone to look at my reservation, on the reservation page in bold red letters it says that rebooking the cruise in any way nullifies the perks we received for the Go better/Best promo (probably applies to the $800 discount we received off of our fares when booking as well). All that gets applied to the new booking is any money paid toward the original booking. We are totally newbies to Celebrity but what I have seen so far tells me Celebrity will take away perks/previous discounts when you try to rebook a cruise. Perks aren't transferable and they bring you back to square one for the next booking. Good luck though, maybe you will catch a break.

I'm currently on hold with Celebrity Captains club after changing my on board book booking to a new date. I was told everything would remain including my 4 perks. Was quoted 3000.00, received the invoice was 3500.00. Called back and was out on hold to speak with original agent, she apologized she quoted me US and those perks I got for booking onboard are now gonna cost me because that promo expired? I've been on hold now for 1 hour and 29 min with no resolutions. Can anyone help me? Are your original promotion transferable?

You get to keep the perks if:

a) the new sailing was covered by the same deal when you originally booked it

or,

b) the current promotions provide the same perks for the new sailing.

Outside of this criteria its a free-for-all out there. This is where an experienced TA that is certified by the cruise line could help you as they know the rules and will go to bat for you with X or any other cruise line.

Steve

I've transferred FIVE bookings in the last two months from ones booked on board to different dates and all my perks transferred over; it's always been explained that any perks on a booking made on board would be grandfathered into a changed booking but you pay prevailing rates.

JasYHZ ;)

This has been a nightmare and so unexpected from Celebrity. After 2 hours with the original agent I was told that they would honour a "complimentary" drink package since I lost all 4 perks. But had to put me on hold to figure out how she could apply it... 40 min later she comes back and said all fixed I'll email your confirmation. I get my confirmation and it's the exact same price as making a new reservation online and choosing 1 perk!!!! I called again tonight, got a vet knowledgable agent who informed me if with my original booking reservation nothing they can do, promo is expired they can't honour it. I'm ok if that's the policy, but why was I sold I was getting a complimentary package when it's not! Nothing can be done, agent error. I truly am excited and love Celebrity but am disappointed on the amount of inaccurate communication and false sell of a "free drink package." Thanks for all your advice.

Are you moving your booking to a TA or repositioning cruise?

There are no perks (other than maybe a very small amount of OBC) for those cruised unless you booked while on another TA/repositioning cruise in that case they may offer gratuties as a booking perk.

I was moving to a 8 night Caribbean but the original perk of all 4 back in 2015 is no longer available so they can't honour, I still have my 150.00 OBC sine my original was a CC and 250.00 this is the second move but below is the original booking with the codes at the time.

As others have stated, if you change your booking, your new booking will get whatever the current promo is. At this time, Celebrity is offering the 1 perk with a booking. You can get a price for ll 4 perks. But it will cost you more. They have several pricings for a cruise. The cruise only with no perks, then cruise with 1 perk, cruise with 2 perks, and cruise all inclusive (with all 4 perks). You will get to keep your additional OBC you got from booking on board (but you must keep the same booking number.

I was moving to a 8 night Caribbean but the original perk of all 4 back in 2015 is no longer available so they can't honour, I still have my 150.00 OBC sine my original was a CC and 250.00 this is the second move but below is the original booking with the codes at the time.

Here is the problem, you can transfer your booking to a new, similar booking (same category of stateroom, similar number of days, no repositioning or TA cruise) within ONE YEAR of your original cruise and you will keep all your perks, whether currently offered or not. Otherwise, you will receive the perks on the new booking. We have done this several times and kept all our perks, but we do have to pay the current prevailing price. We have a competent TA who explained all of this to us and she takes care of all the changes for us.

Edited by El Crucero

You know how they always say "Get it in writing...."

I am sitting here looking at a Celebrity Future Cruise promotional handout.

The large print says:

• Reduced deposits starting from $50

• Flexibility to change your reservation to suit your needs

But down below in the tiny print, where they put the CYA clauses, it says:

Changes to booking may result in removal of offer. Offers and prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. ©2016 Celebrity Cruises

Edited by varoo

The new Savings rate that they have on right now is not combinable with Go Better. You can get one perk, but if you want two perks that are on your Future cruise, you have to pay for it with the Savings Rate. You have to see if the Savings rate with one perk is better or worse than paying for that second perk.

The new Savings rate that they have on right now is not combinable with Go Better. You can get one perk, but if you want two perks that are on your Future cruise, you have to pay for it with the Savings Rate. You have to see if the Savings rate with one perk is better or worse than paying for that second perk.

A perk is something you get at no additional cost.

With go better and go best, you are paying extra and thus not getting a free perk. You are paying for the perk itself.