Dining Question on Anthem

devon415

Hello! This is my first cruise with Royal and I am a bit confused. I have chosen MyTime Dining for my family. Does that mean that I will not be able to have dinner in the Grande? I know the menus are the same in all four restaurants, but I really enjoy experiencing the different environments.

Thank you!!

Hello! This is my first cruise with Royal and I am a bit confused. I have chosen MyTime Dining for my family. Does that mean that I will not be able to have dinner in the Grande? I know the menus are the same in all four restaurants, but I really enjoy experiencing the different environments.

Thank you!!

Hi Devon :)

For (My Time) dining aboard Anthem, passengers (with reservations) go to American Icon, passengers (without reservations) go to Silk. Traditional dining passengers use Grande & Chic. Hope this helps, have a terrific day!

:)

Hi Devon :)

For (My Time) dining aboard Anthem, passengers (with reservations) go to American Icon, passengers (without reservations) go to Silk. Traditional dining passengers use Grande & Chic. Hope this helps, have a terrific day!

On our recent sailing (early December), MTD diners could choose either Silk or American Icon with (or without) reservations. You could change every night if you wanted.

Thank you both! I am sad that I will not be bale to eat at Grande. I could commit to dinner one night at 5:30 or 8:30, but not every night. I can go for lunch, though, right?

I thought I read that they used American Icon for breakfast and lunch.

Since the new dining changes have been in effect (since Nov 2016) I haven't heard any complaints. Does that mean everyone is OK with the changes and there have been no problems?

We were one of the last cruises with the prior dining options in October and we're going again in May 2017 but I thought there may be some challenges with the change-over, but I can't find anything on the boards about it.

Can you guys be very specific and basic on how the dining works now? I am sailing November 2017 and am soooo confused. When I booked the trip the other day the rep told me that there are no more traditional dining seatings. This is obvs contrary to what I'm seeing here. Help. Please?

It works like another ship now, Traditional (fixed time) and MyTime (flexible).

Either your agent meant that the slots for Traditional are all full, or they did not know that Dynamic Dining has been discontinued.

• 1 month later...
Can you guys be very specific and basic on how the dining works now? I am sailing November 2017 and am soooo confused. When I booked the trip the other day the rep told me that there are no more traditional dining seatings. This is obvs contrary to what I'm seeing here. Help. Please?

amen, i'm confused too. the official page is useless so of course we come to CC for info

i've been told you are assigned a dining room. now come here and looks like you can go anywhere. more confusion.

amen, i'm confused too. the official page is useless so of course we come to CC for info

i've been told you are assigned a dining room. now come here and looks like you can go anywhere. more confusion.

No one in this thread said you can go anywhere. There are two restaurants that are assigned to traditional dining times and two that are assigned to MTD. Traditional dining will have main seating and late seating in Chic and Grande. MTD has American Icon and Silk. On some sailings, one of the MTD restaurants has been used for reservations and one for walk ups. It seems to be changing sailing to sailing. All of this only has to do with dinner.

Some discussion then talks about breakfast and lunch. Only one restaurant is usually open for those meals, a second can be added if it is crowded.

ok so put another way so i can process. as a MTD person ill never see grande or chic but AI and silk i can go to when i want as long as i dont mind waiting. or are you saying i will be assigned either AI or silk with MtD and i can never go to the other one even as walk up?

oh and why arent these rules on RCI site anywhere?

ok so put another way so i can process. as a MTD person ill never see grande or chic but AI and silk i can go to when i want as long as i dont mind waiting. or are you saying i will be assigned either AI or silk with MtD and i can never go to the other one even as walk up?

oh and why arent these rules on RCI site anywhere?

I not would classify these as "rules", but more particular procedures a ship is employing at the time. These kinds of things can change anytime based on ship's management decision, so publishing on a website would not be viable.

I not would classify these as "rules", but more particular procedures a ship is employing at the time. These kinds of things can change anytime based on ship's management decision, so publishing on a website would not be viable.

for 1st timers on any particular ship it's really crazy that they can change what they want at a whim. so based on what you are saying i do have a chance at grande though because that could change tomorrow :)

hows that for optimism.

so really. without coming to an online site, how are people to know what the policies are regarding when they can make reservations and where?

for 1st timers on any particular ship it's really crazy that they can change what they want at a whim. so based on what you are saying i do have a chance at grande though because that could change tomorrow :)

hows that for optimism.

so really. without coming to an online site, how are people to know what the policies are regarding when they can make reservations and where?

Not sure what the big deal is over the specific restaurant as now they all serve the exact same food. It's really no different than many other ships that have one dining room but it's on 3 levels so in essence it's like having 3 dining rooms, particularly on Oasis class where all 3 levels are decorated slightly differently.

I'm assuming that most (not all) people that have never cruised before and may not know certain things use a travel agent to help guide them through the process.

hows that for optimism.

What Ken said.