No more Voyagers club discount?

vino123

Just doing a search on the MSC UK website and put in my Voyagers club number and the price did not change for the YC cabin i was looking at for the Divina next year. Then in red it said "discount no longer available" at the bottom of the page.

Does anyone know if they are discontinuing the 5% discount and only applying it to selected cruises?:confused:

I recently booked and while it showed the passenger type as Voyagers Club 5% on my booking documents, it did not actually apply it.

A simple call to their customer service line fixed it though.

Thanks for flagging this. I just realized mine has done the same. I'm going to call now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I called for mine, they reduced the price as well and sent me an update.

So yes, if you are a Voyagers Club member, call to make sure you have the discount!

This also works if this is your first MSC Cruise, like it is for me, and you received the rewards program match. Once you have your Voyagers Club number from the match, you can call for your discount.

Doesn't anyone else think this is deceptive?

From the comments of the woman I spoke to in customer service, I got the impression that it is just poor IT design.

I do IT QA testing for a career and you would be surprised how much garbage code is out there, so much so that there is a point where upper management just gives up on fixing things since they can fix it on the back end manually.

From the comments of the woman I spoke to in customer service, I got the impression that it is just poor IT design.

I do IT QA testing for a career and you would be surprised how much garbage code is out there, so much so that there is a point where upper management just gives up on fixing things since they can fix it on the back end manually.

Plus, it's cheaper that way since you only have to pay the people who notice it. Until some government agency notices it and fines you and gives you lots of bad publicity.

I have a saying I pull out for cases like this (and I can't believe I used it yesterday regarding an MSC advertising screw-up) - "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" (or in this case incompetence).

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here, but I'm also an IT guy, and I would say that any company that 'gives up' on fixing a problem is having a serious problem.

Yes, the website has problems, but I have seen improvements happen along the way.

I think they care.

gary