Orland port canaveral

esper10

Hi all, once again I need help and thank you in advanced. We will be on the Oasis in Dec. out of Orlando port Canaveral. We never cruise from this area. I like to know how far is the air port from the port? Is it a place we can spend 3 nights? We would like to tour the area I'm just not sure if it is a tourist area such as Miami or Port Lauderdale? Is Orlando close by? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thnaks again

You would be much better staying at a nice resort in Orlando and then grabbing a shuttle service or private car to Port Canaveral.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, in Orlando, a couple of years ago. Gorgeous sprawling resort with 1,500 acres and tons of activities plus comp. transportation to all the major theme parks.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

The Orlando airport (MCO) is about 45 minutes from Port Canaveral.

The Orlando attractions (Disney, Universal, etc.) are about 75 minutes from Port Canaveral.

You can spend many days at Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc.

Epcot, the other Disney parks, Universal Studios, Sea World, and many of the other central Florida attractions are approximately 30 minutes from Orlando International Airport. Most of the hotels are in the tourist areas anyway. There are a few located adjacent to the airport.

Are you asking about Tampa, Florida? Tampa is on the Gulf coast of Florida, and about a 90 minute drive from Orlando. There are some very nice beaches close to Tampa, such as Clearwater and Saint Petersburg Beach, but these are not close to Orlando and the airport. Tampa has its own international airport, as well as their own cruise port.

Port Canaveral is on the East Coast – near the Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by OhJinkies

You could also visit the Kennedy Space Center near the cruise port. Very interesting but probably only a one day event.

Maybe the first two nights in Orlando area for Epcot then a night in Cocoa Beach near the cruise port so you'll be close to the ship on the final morning?

Port Canaveral is 45 min from the port. For me Orlando/Disney is an option. But i like the area where the ship is. Cocoa beach area is fun and i like RonJons. Space center if you havent been before. Party boat fishing . Jetty park watch ships go in and out from the beach. If u have auto , quick trip to Daytona beach could create bragging options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Port Canaveral is 45 min from the port. For me Orlando/Disney is an option. But i like the area where the ship is. Cocoa beach area is fun and i like RonJons. Space center if you havent been before. Party boat fishing . Jetty park watch ships go in and out from the beach. If u have auto , quick trip to Daytona beach could create bragging options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good post.

For watching ships, we like to eat clam chowder and drink beer at Grills.

We are sailing on Oasis in April- was wondering if anyone can give me the names of a few shuttle services that are not expensive that can take me from the airport MCO to the hotel Raddison? And then back from Raddison to airport when we get back. Thanks so much in advance.

We are sailing on Oasis in April- was wondering if anyone can give me the names of a few shuttle services that are not expensive that can take me from the airport MCO to the hotel Raddison? And then back from Raddison to airport when we get back. Thanks so much in advance.

Check with Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, and Travelynx.

Thank you so much for the information. We are planning to stay after the cruise. What are will be the best to stay so we can be close to all these tourists attractions you all mentioned? For example in FFL We stayed down town at the Riverside in Miami again we stayed at the middle of every thing. This time would it be an area that you recommend to stay so we can be center location so I can start doing my homework from this point? Sorry for keep on asking

Thank you so much for the information. We are planning to stay after the cruise. What are will be the best to stay so we can be close to all these tourists attractions you all mentioned? For example in FFL We stayed down town at the Riverside in Miami again we stayed at the middle of every thing. This time would it be an area that you recommend to stay so we can be center location so I can start doing my homework from this point? Sorry for keep on asking

The Lake Buena Vista area not that far from the attractions.

Edited by clarea

The hotel I mentioned above, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is only 15 minutes from Disney World. Downtown Disney is a twenty-minute walk.

The hotel is reasonably priced has a ton of great ammenities and includes complementary shuttles to Disney, Universal Studios and Seaworld.

I did a ton of research on Orlando hotels and visited several, the Hyatt Grand Cypress was the nicest of all.

You might also consider the Hilton at Bonnet Creek, The Swan and the Dolphin. All 3 on Disney property but reasonably priced and top-notch resorts.

You can reasearch the hotels I listed and others at this helpful site, oyster.com.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruiserking

Cruiserking is giving you good advice. Stay on Disney property which is also known as Lake Buena Vista area. Do not stay near the airport, on International Drive aka I-drive, or 192/Kissimmee area. You may find cheap hotel rates but those areas can be dicey. All of the Disney property hotels have buses or shuttles that will take you to the Disney parks and Disney Springs, a great shopping and dining area. We live in Orlando, so I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

There are several nice hotels right next to the port. You can actually see the cruise

ships from their location. All offer free shuttle to the ship in the morning. Very

convenient.

Many come in the night before, get a shuttle/taxi/rental car to these hotels,

and enjoy a relaxing morning before doing a quick and easy shuttle to the terminal

for luggage drop off and check in. Lots of interesting restaurants all along

the water front at the port called "the Cove".

BTW: Not happy with RCI calling Port Canaveral "Orlando's Port Canaveral"

What a joke! Port Canaveral is not owned by Orlando, and is not even in the

same county!! Orlando is Orange county, Port Canaveral is in Brevard county.

:rolleyes: Port Canaveral is....Port Canaveral. ;)

We are cruising on Oasis this summer and flying in the day before, getting a shuttle (not booked yet) and heading to Cocoa Beach area. There are six of us and still researching a place to stay for the night. Is there a Total Wine or another store to buy wine in the Cocoa Beach area? Thanks!!

We are cruising on Oasis this summer and flying in the day before, getting a shuttle (not booked yet) and heading to Cocoa Beach area. There are six of us and still researching a place to stay for the night. Is there a Total Wine or another store to buy wine in the Cocoa Beach area? Thanks!!

There is a very well equipped ABC wine and liquor store on the main road (A1A)

on the east side of the road about 2 miles south of the port. You should find

everything you need there.

Indeed a Publix supermarket further south on the west side of the road, but

their prices are higher for wine.