LIVE - World Cruise 2017

Emtbsam

Mr. Silver, do y'all dock in any other Philippines ports; we dock in Borocay Island tomorrow then Manila on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Wes, we are also in Manila on Wednesday, we will be doing a morning tour of the city, how about you?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great day in Puerto Princesa and at the Underground River National Park. A long drive out into the sticks (no electricity, generators or solar only), rice paddies, rice drying on the side of the roads, weird motorcycle based trikes. Then a bumpy wet ride out to the river.

When we got back we had a lovely send off.

319dc9c5e54eff65a93a5965786b1baf.jpg

ec8fe35a7342dfb3d59106ab4138eeaa.jpg

556879b5e35863d85fea6e0d75bcec95.jpg

88e886357889113614e0d36dd8828519.jpg

5c46f45c7ef7efcb851a0852bbe65485.jpg

Mr. Silver - Sorry our paths didn't cross this time, but it is so nice to read your account of the continuation of the WC. Just our of curiosity, which trivia team are you on? Ours was a great group of people, 1/2 English, the other 1/2 from the US or Canada. We had a fair amount of success and enjoyed the competition tremendously.

Just to clarify my statement about leaving luggage on board after we debarked, it was dependent on local immigration authorities and not just on Silversea. We were very lucky that we could leave it on board, but will have to look into a better solution for next year in Singapore.

Also as an aside, we flew from Bali to Doha to Philadelphia on Qatar in business class and were very pleased with the trip. Even after 24 hours of flying time, we arrived home not jet lagged and have adjusted to EST very well. We were impressed with the level of security and scrutiny that our bags received at each opportunity. I don't really know if it makes a difference, but it was reassuring none the less.

Hope you continue to enjoy your trip.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. We are on team 2, with Dixie, Sue, Candy, and Nancy and so far we have won twice, once clear, and come second twice.

How did Qatar business class stack up against other airlines and was the change in Doha easy?

We're now docked in Manila right across from Regent's Voyager is the Silver Whisper we are both being entertained my a musical dance troupe--would post pix but download tooooo sloooowww

We're now docked in Manila right across from Regent's Voyager is the Silver Whisper we are both being entertained my a musical dance troupe--would post pix but download tooooo sloooowww

Waved at your ship this morning, great welcome to both of us. We had a nice tour around some of the older parts of Manila this morning, including Fort Santiago. Awful war crimes committed by the Japanese at the end of WWII, and so much destruction. Sad to see the walk of the Philippines National Hero, Jose Rizal, from his cell to the execution spot in the National Park.

2df4cfb71009a6db38abdf1ecd659736.jpg

21e489f9423d73ce3edbad46707f8c8d.jpg

Loved being berthed across from the Whisper, did try to find Mrs. Silver and you with bino's when we docked...also enjoy Taiwan

Today a brief update on the awful interactive TV system. From the day we embarked in Bali there has been one lecture available in the so called interactive part, that for Bali itself. To watch any of the other lectures it was necessary to go to the gym and use a m/c with a TV that still has the old channel system. After a number of complaints Begonia finally gave us a second remote and showed us how to switch the TV system backwards and forwards between the old and new system. What an embarrassing joke this is.

Mr. Silver we are in Keelung (Taipei) now and head for Hong Kong tonite. Where do y'all go next?

We are heading away from the mainland to visit a remote Japanese island, so that we can turn around and visit Shanghai.

438fc89b62dc6b7fc380d2441d1575cc.jpg

We have to stop, drop anchor, and then leave.

Have a great day in Taipei and if you get a chance enjoy the local night market

Man, that is some brutal architecture right there.

That was typical of the mile after mile of dilapidated looking residential blocks that lined to highway from Keelung into Taipei, only the centre and more up market areas had any charm. Most of the blocks looked like they suffered from greeny black mold.

That was typical of the mile after mile of dilapidated looking residential blocks that lined to highway from Keelung into Taipei, only the centre and more up market areas had any charm. Most of the blocks looked like they suffered from greeny black mold.
Yuk! And, depressing too.

Reminds me of the horrible Russian architecture in Murmansk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk