Harmony Itinerary Change?

I found an article on USA Today's website showing Puerto Rico was added as a port of Harmony. Does anyone know if this is started? My parents are on the Harmony right now and they were planned to have stops in Nassau, St. Thomas and St Maarten. I just checked the ships location on one of the tracker websites and it says its destination is San Juan, but that was not on my parent itinerary.

In March I have a cruise planned on Harmony with the same stops listed above.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/01/04/harmony-seas-puerto-rico-cruise/96015410/

I found an article on USA Today's website showing Puerto Rico was added as a port of Harmony. Does anyone know if this is started? My parents are on the Harmony right now and they were planned to have stops in Nassau, St. Thomas and St Maarten. I just checked the ships location on one of the tracker websites and it says its destination is San Juan, but that was not on my parent itinerary.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/01/04/harmony-seas-puerto-rico-cruise/96015410/

Just this week I think. Due to the possibility of storms in the area

I'm also going to be on HOTS in March (eastern caribbean)....wish were were going to be in San Juan instead of Nassau ;);)

Is the article referring to the western caribbean sailings which include Labadee ?

Edited by Ashland

I'm also going to be on HOTS in March (eastern caribbean)....wish were were going to be in San Juan instead of Nassau ;);)

Is the article referring to the western caribbean sailings which include Labadee ?

It mentions Labadee, but also St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Are they Western? Not sure. I agree, rather San Juan. I have not been there, been to Nassau several times.

Buck. This article is in Spanish, but looks like there was a change in itinerary due to the bad weather. The HOS will dock in San Juan today. :)

http://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/locales/nota/positivoparaelturismoboricuaelmaltiempoenelcaribe-2279765/

Unless you hit bad weather you will still be going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

San Juan was announced as a port stop for Oasis class ships when the itineraries were released last March they didn't just make recent changes.

Unless you hit bad weather you will still be going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

San Juan was announced as a port stop for Oasis class ships when the itineraries were released last March they didn't just make recent changes.

Harmony is in the Oasis Class???

Your parents received this onboard. The change was welcomed by most (no Nassau)

b50547a0681eac9877740438c5122c25.jpg

...yeah, and no St Thomas either, which I assume most would *not* quite so thrilled about. This is a 100 percent re-do of the original itinerary, which is the typical Oasis-class Eastern route. The key to remember here is that it's not so much a weather issue that will cause a crappy beach day in Nassau, but its that with any moderate wind/surf docking an Oasis-class ship in Nassau goes from relatively challenging (on a good day) to extremely challenging/possibly dangerous. I was on Allure a few years ago, supposed to dock in Nassau, and due to heavy wind/surf, we were told ours was the first ever time Allure was unable to make port in Nassau. It is by far the trickiest port that the Oasis class ships have to dock in anywhere on their normal itineraries.

As a side note, I will have to say it is pretty sh*tty that RCI is only refunding to onboard credit, not to (for example) the CC that one used to purchase the excursion if that is how they did it (as in, in advance from home). Hell of a way for the company to make sure they still keep your money, smh. Question is, will RCI be refunding any unused onboard credit $$ as a result of this?

Edited by joeski27

...yeah, and no St Thomas either, which I assume most would *not* quite so thrilled about. This is a 100 percent re-do of the original itinerary, which is the typical Oasis-class Eastern route. The key to remember here is that it's not so much a weather issue that will cause a crappy beach day in Nassau, but its that with any moderate wind/surf docking an Oasis-class ship in Nassau goes from relatively challenging (on a good day) to extremely challenging/possibly dangerous. I was on Allure a few years ago, supposed to dock in Nassau, and due to heavy wind/surf, we were told ours was the first ever time Allure was unable to make port in Nassau. It is by far the trickiest port that the Oasis class ships have to dock in anywhere on their normal itineraries.

As a side note, I will have to say it is pretty sh*tty that RCI is only refunding to onboard credit, not to (for example) the CC that one used to purchase the excursion if that is how they did it (as in, in advance from home). Hell of a way for the company to make sure they still keep your money, smh. Question is, will RCI be refunding any unused onboard credit $$ as a result of this?

Any shore excursions that are cancelled are refunded as fully refundable OBC that if unused will be refunded to the credit card that you secured your Seapass with or in cash if you set up a cash account.

Edited by Ourusualbeach