Negative Review of MSC Yacht Club

AVACTION

Would somebody PLEASE put a negative review out about the MSC YC!!

We have sailed two time in MSC YC (our only ever cruises) and have such a GREAT time can't wait to do it again in March and again and again.

The only problem I have is that I cannot find, for the life of me, the Royal Suite available on any cruise, they are always SOLD OUT.

So please, everybody, start posting negative reviews of YC so it is not so popular and I can get the cabin of my choice!! :cool::cool::confused:

I like your style :). Good luck!

This post is a bit "tongue in cheek" In our experience the MSC YC product is excellent. I am just frustrated that the prices are going up and there is no availability of Royal Suites due to their popularity.

Even at the increased prices we will still book but on some cruises the Royal Suite is now almost double the price of a deluxe suite.

I blame Cruise Critic!! :eek:

I booked my upcoming Royal Suite shortly after the itinerary came out for that cruise! This was before I even knew much about MSC.

Almost two years later (and about 40 something days before sailing!) they are now advertising pp prices for the YC3 at $1k more than what I paid AND their listed brochure price ( !!!! )A whopping $4k more per person!! (how they can price a sold out category, I will never understand)

Looking into future sailings, Royals are always sold out. I wouldn't mind a YC2 but those seem to be magically recategorized to non-YC, I have no interest in an inside YC cabin, and I guess I'd settle for a YC1 but would probably go back to NCL for a larger Haven room. I'm so spoiled, it's awful!!! [emoji24]

So now I'm at the point when people ask me about my upcoming trip, I just just shrug and say, yeah, it's some cargo ship we're doing for the adventure. Meh. (LMBO!)

ETA: They'd never believe that! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AEckhardt

I'm so sorry you're having such a horrible time adjusting to the idea of having to cruise in something other than total luxury. :p However, I do understand about people asking about MSC... it's "who are they" , "what, I've never heard of them" or, "oh, yeah I've read so many bad things about that cruiseline".

Thank goodness, or we wouldn't be able to even get Aurea cabin never mind a YC suite.

We had a great time in our Fantastica B2 but then it was an aft balcony large enough for a couple of loungers, so I was happy about that.

On our Seaside cruise, all but 3 YC (a deluxe suite) cabins are soldout. Seems crazy.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

We have sailed two time in MSC YC (our only ever cruises) and have such a GREAT time can't wait to do it again in March and again and again.

The only problem I have is that I cannot find, for the life of me, the Royal Suite available on any cruise, they are always SOLD OUT.

So please, everybody, start posting negative reviews of YC so it is not so popular and I can get the cabin of my choice!! :cool::cool::confused:

I know :mad: I had same problem. :p

I've never sailed in a Royal Suite. :(

I've never sailed in the Yacht Club. :(

I've never sailed on Seaside. :(

I've never sailed on MSC. :(

but.....

I just booked a Yacht Club Royal Suite on MSC Seaside for June 2018!

(total MSC noob....gotta read up on info)

Great enjoy it.

Well, I may be alone here, but I don't appreciate your 'tongue in cheek' post.

He he, ask for others not to book, but no.

gary

It worked!! Just browsing through the MSC website and found a cruise out of Dubai on 31/3/18 to Yokohama. 29 days/28 nights.

Both the Royal Suites were available, so I booked one straight away and paid the non-refundable deposit.

Now all I have to do is tell my wife that I just committed us to spending $23,000 on a cruise!! If you don't hear from me again, don't send flowers to my funeral, make a charitable donation in my name :eek:

I agree with you....Need some negative comments, I know they are out there I used to read them. Need more negative comments so no one will book the YC and we can get a room without booking 12-18 months in advance at a reasonable price. Maybe when the new ship arrives we will have a chance at agood deal.

It worked!! Just browsing through the MSC website and found a cruise out of Dubai on 31/3/18 to Yokohama. 29 days/28 nights.

Both the Royal Suites were available, so I booked one straight away and paid the non-refundable deposit.

Now all I have to do is tell my wife that I just committed us to spending $23,000 on a cruise!! If you don't hear from me again, don't send flowers to my funeral, make a charitable donation in my name :eek:

That sounds great.

You did it! Congrats!

it worked!! Just browsing through the msc website and found a cruise out of dubai on 31/3/18 to yokohama. 29 days/28 nights.

Both the royal suites were available, so i booked one straight away and paid the non-refundable deposit.

Now all i have to do is tell my wife that i just committed us to spending $23,000 on a cruise!! If you don't hear from me again, don't send flowers to my funeral, make a charitable donation in my name :eek:

lol

I've never sailed in a Royal Suite. :(

I've never sailed in the Yacht Club. :(

I've never sailed on Seaside. :(

I've never sailed on MSC. :(

but.....

I just booked a Yacht Club Royal Suite on MSC Seaside for June 2018!

(total MSC noob....gotta read up on info)

Same thing just booked for May 19 2018 in a yacht club deluxe on the Seaside

Last cruise RCCL Enchantment of the Sea Junior Suite. Next cruise Harmony of the Sea Grand Suite.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Forums mobile app