Seating at dinner

Orlandorandall

We are leaving in the beginning of February for our cruise with the kids. There will be five of us and I was wondering what the chances are of us getting a table at dinner to ourselves? Or how we go about requesting that.

Are you Anytime Dining? If so, you can request a private table each night you go to dinner. We usually end up with a private table (even without asking for one). Sometimes it will be the 4 of us, sometimes 6.

If you are dining at an assigned time you can talk to the Maitre D upon arrival and they will try to accommodate you but it is possible you will have a private table anyway(at least in our experience).

Edited by tomsuelaw

If you are in Anytime dining, you will be seated with ONLY your party. If you are in traditional assigned seating, you can request a table for just your family. They will not put a single person with a family group, so you may be at a 6 top,...with one chair empty.

We have the Early dining time. On My husband and my first cruise we were bumped to anytime dining because our preference of early dining was overbooked. We had 30 minute waits almost every night and one night it was over 1hr just to be seated. So we are afraid to ever choose the anytime option. I know the cruise we were on that time was booked to capacity with the normal running around 2000 guest and that cruise had 2,500. We were just so lucky to pick the one week that all the local schools took fall break so that extra 500 guest were children.

We have the Early dining time. On My husband and my first cruise we were bumped to anytime dining because our preference of early dining was overbooked. We had 30 minute waits almost every night and one night it was over 1hr just to be seated. So we are afraid to ever choose the anytime option. I know the cruise we were on that time was booked to capacity with the normal running around 2000 guest and that cruise had 2,500. We were just so lucky to pick the one week that all the local schools took fall break so that extra 500 guest were children.

Just curious, what time did you show up at the dining room when you were given that 30-60 min wait? I'm guessing close to 7-7:30? I think that's a super popular time. Just curious b/c I have to do the same thing with 12 people.

About 2-3 weeks out on all of our cruises I email the maitre'd of the ship and request a private table for family. We have always had the table we requested on every cruise (did not get a response for every request but the table was ready).

About 2-3 weeks out on all of our cruises I email the maitre'd of the ship and request a private table for family. We have always had the table we requested on every cruise (did not get a response for every request but the table was ready).

How do we email them? Is there a specific one we should be looking for?

So, my friend & I were hoping we could share an evening dining table with others for the fellowship so we signed up for "Anytime" thinking that would work. It sounds as if I am wrong in that. But I really don't want assigned dinner time. Are we destined to eat at a 2 top only?

No. We often request to be seated with others and they have always accommodated us. This is in twelve Carnival Cruises.

If you are willing to share a table you "usually" will be seated faster.

Take care,

Mike

For those of you who have emailed? How long did it take to get a response if you got one at all?

Don't expect a response (some say they get one but many dont) if you get one then great but last 5 cruises we have not received a response. Everytime we have a great table for just the 3 of us. We check once we board and find our table.

Include your booking info and be very respectful in how you ask, these are VERY busy people and deal with many requests. A "thank you in advance" never hurts ;)!

Edited by Drazil65

For those of you who have emailed? How long did it take to get a response if you got one at all?

I have emailed the maitre d about 10 times and have gotten a response about half of the time, but I have always gotten the table arrangement that I wanted. It works like a charm.

My advice is to email them about two weeks prior to your cruise. Then, when you get check in and get your S & S card, you can compare them to see if everyone got the same table. Sometimes you can actually go to the dining room and see for yourself, but others, they won't let you in.

Good luck!

Brad

We took our 2 year old (at the time) on a cruise last June. I kindly emailed the Maitre'd on the Freedom to request a booth and if that wasn't possible to be seated with just our family. I explained while my son is typically well behaved in restaurants he eats quite slowly and I didn't want any others dining experience to be ruined. I receive a prompt response with 24 hrs and was assured we would have a booth. It all worked out perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
If you are in Anytime dining, you will be seated with ONLY your party. If you are in traditional assigned seating, you can request a table for just your family. They will not put a single person with a family group, so you may be at a 6 top,...with one chair empty.

If available only your part or they will ask you to sit with others or wait.