Valor delayed at Galveston - January 14

nazpaz

I just got a message that because of fog Valor's arrival/departure at Galveston is being delayed today - no time estimate given. They asked that people not come to the terminal at their scheduled boarding times.

My tanker is sitting at anchor right now in Galveston Fairway Anchorage, and we can't see half way down the ship. Been heavy, on and off, since yesterday. Valor and Freedom both anchored out here with us.

from john h facebook page:

I wanted to share this from David the Entertainment Director of the Carnival Freedom:

“Hello John

Malcolm the Cruise Director has been keeping the guests updated, and encouraging them to enjoy a leisurely morning. So far, everyone seems calm, cool, and understanding, and of course, with such a thick fog encompassing the ship, no one could possibly question why the port is closed to inbound traffic.”

And of course that’s what is happening too on Carnival Valor. Let’s hope the fog dissapissatets soon and here is the view from the Carnival Freedom bow as of 12 minutes ago

15975057_1510087579033798_4656731285403694391_o.jpg

The pilot boarding point is further offshore than the anchorage. So, she will head out to beyond where you see the anchored ships and pick up the pilot and head back in. Really getting thick right now, surprised she's got a pilot time.

The pilot boarding point is further offshore than the anchorage. So, she will head out to beyond where you see the anchored ships and pick up the pilot and head back in. Really getting thick right now, surprised she's got a pilot time.

Very interesting...thanks for the insight! :)

With all of the ships stacked up outside the port right now, it seems like it is going to take quite some time to unwind, even once the fog lets up some!

:(

Edited by quantumleap
typo

Very interesting...thanks for the insight! :)

With all of the ships stacked up outside the port right now, it seems like it is going to take quite some time to unwind, even once the fog lets up some!

All of the red dots are tankers, so many of them are just waiting on berth availability or tank space at the shore facilities. We stack out here quite a lot, sort of floating storage. Typically, the "outbounds" will move first when the port opens, so that berths become available, and then they will start letting inbounds in.

I'm not sure if it's just our signal (satellite internet), but the fog is playing heck with the update speed of the AIS system.

All of the red dots are tankers, so many of them are just waiting on berth availability or tank space at the shore facilities. We stack out here quite a lot, sort of floating storage. Typically, the "outbounds" will move first when the port opens, so that berths become available, and then they will start letting inbounds in.

I'm not sure if it's just our signal (satellite internet), but the fog is playing heck with the update speed of the AIS system.

Thanks again for the insight chengkp75...hope you guys are able to get in soon, and aren't stuck out there until tomorrow!

Edited by quantumleap
typo

Galveston.com....She needed to move to make more fresh water according to Trish who is on board

That's understandable, not sure of the itinerary, so I don't know their time at sea, but normally they won't cut it that close, unless they are expecting a prolonged delay. :eek:

Thanks again for the insight chengkp75...hope you guys are able to get in soon, and aren't stuck out there until tomorrow!

Oh, we are "awaiting orders", which means we will likely be here for a couple of weeks. "Anchor the tanker" is pretty common, even without the fog.

two carnival ships today one carnival and one royal sunday going to get good sunday. wil carnival get to use royals peir on sunday if they donot make it in and out today or wil have there regular dock they paid for?

I would think that if these 2 finally get to dock but can't get back out before the other 2 arrive tomorrow morning, then it will be a waiting game for fog to lift.......what a mess, feel bad for ALL of these people that are delayed on both ends :(

Oh, we are "awaiting orders", which means we will likely be here for a couple of weeks. "Anchor the tanker" is pretty common, even without the fog.

Wow, weeks huh!?! Sounds like life on a tanker is very, very different from life on a cruise ship!

:p

Well, we are waiting on the Valor, so far we have had a few drinks and Nachos at Tortuga Mexican restaurant on Seawall Blvd. and had manicures. We are now looking for Hotels.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by dblack7574

Well, we are waiting on the Valor, so far we have had a few drinks and Nachos at Tortuga Mexican restaurant on Seawall Blvd. and had manicures. We are now looking for Hotels.....

So sorry your vacation isn't off to a great start... hopefully something will happen soon and you'll still be able to board tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I hope so. The hotels in the area are either booked or non refundable. However, I'm going to go ahead and book a room and gladly forfeit the room payment if the Valor by some miracle gets into port.

Edited by dblack7574

Hotel rooms must be getting sparce by now. Maybe time for a slumber party for a group of people to conserve funds. LOL Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Has to be getting frustrating for both groups of people. Here's hoping Carnival is helping both groups of people. Of course until the 2 ships can dock plans cannot be made. Good luck all.